Hy-Vee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Hy-Vee Interview Questions

Interviews at Hy-Vee

1.8

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Dubuque, IA (US)).

Interview

The interview was really relaxed and comfortable. A lot of people were interviewing that day too, so they had a little process for getting people in and out of interviews. I had to take a drug test as part of the interviewing process.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

The interview was easy, and the interviewer was very friendly. He asked simple questions, nothing too difficult. They were "basic" interview questions. Lookup interview questions ahead of time to prepare and there won't be surprises. Be genuine and friendly yourself and it will be quick and low stress.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I spoke with the manager who put me in touch with HR. Scheduled interview and was hired on the spot. Started at 9 per hour. It was a one on one chat with the HR manager. It was chatty over a desk in an office with two work spaces.

Interview Questions

• I sold her on my customer service skills. I Remer being asked several different ways about drinking on the job in survey where it was rephrased three or more times. And about coming in even when not feeling well.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Oakdale, MN (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was somewhat off the cuff. If you're able to speak well that's what they want. They'll take personality over experience any day. Just be sure to speak clearly and with purpose.

Interview Questions

• If someone is repeatedly late to work, what do you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Store Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Iowa City, IA (US)).

Interview

I applied for the position online at the career website. I was called by the Store Op within 3 days and had an in person interview within a week of the application. The interview was with the 3 Manager Of's in the store. It was a standard interview with all three asking questions about how to handle situations.

Interview Questions

• Where should employees park and why?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hy-Vee in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy. I didn't have to wait very long after I signed in, I would guess I only waited five minutes, and it was a very simple one-on-one where my interviewer went through the basic questions(why do you want to work at Hy Vee, etc). They then confirm your availability, if you can work any earlier, on holidays, etc. If you make it, you go through a few more tests. If you don't, they tell you why right away and how to improve.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you learned from high school that can be applied to Hy-Vee?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Muscatine, IA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty much asked me what I did before that guy was real nice. But everyone else not so much. And why I left my old job. If I was a manager before. If I liked to work in a group. Pretty much what all interview are like yes and no q and a it was pretty easy and right before I left they said I got the job and I said thank you and left. But they did forget to call me and another girl back it took then about a week and a half for randy to call me back t get started

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Kansas City, KS (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was simple and straight forward and the job was quite unexpected. I originally only wanted to join in on HyVee as a store clerk but the offered me a pay raise if I were to join in on the Kitchen Staff so I readily accepted.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee in August 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews, one with the HR mgr and one with the department mgr. It was a fairly quick process. I had my first interview the day after I got the call, the second was a day later. I was in paid orientation within the same week I was interviewed. The process did not take long to get me out on the floor training. And they worked around my schedule from my previous employer as I was still working my last two weeks there.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I applied online for a few positions. A few days later, I received a call asking if I could possibly work in the kitchen instead of the positions I applied for, and was invited for an interview three hours later. We discussed why I think Hy-Vee would be good for me and I received an offer on the spot and took a drug test. Once the results came in, I was invited to orientation in a week.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.