IGT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGT Interview Questions

Interviews at IGT

2.8

Game Designer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview without scheduling from HR. It is a cold call from department manager... I am not prepared at all. Of course, I did a poor job and not selected.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

More importantly when I asked questions about certain things about how the position/company works, they were more than willing to answer. People may not have the same experience as me, as every candidate is different and it won't be the same interviewers, but even so, it was a sign of the character of some of the supervisors there. They weren't "bothered" or looked down and around like something else was on their plate.

Interview Questions

• How I work with others, primarily in situations like handing work off to another or having to take it over from another.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for this position. There was an initial HR interview, then a technical phone interview, then an onsite technical interview, finally an interview with the product manager, and game producer, and a lunch meeting with the team. After the final interview with the product manager and lunch meeting, they never replied me back. I had to email the recruiter 3/4 times to know that the team decided not move forward with me. Very disappointed with their attitude. Never heard that a software engineer was not hired after passing onsite technical interview. The whole process took more than a month, and after 2 phone and 2 onsite interviews, they did not bother to inform me the reason of not giving me an offer. Extreme unprofessionalism for a big company like them. I think they just don't want to hire for that group. I decided to never interview at this company again.

Interview Questions

• 1 hour technical phone interview and 1 hour onsite technical interview. They asked mostly object oriented design stuff. Asked me 3/4 coding problem to solve. Debug code in C/C++ and C# language. Some questions from operating system concepts: like multithreading, semaphone, mutex, race condition , locking etc. Design a system to find out the winner of a bingo game. How do you implement multiple winning patterns.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGT (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter whom I had a call with. During the call, he told me that you need a lot of training and you don't have the required background so we can't offer you a high salary if you ever get accepted, which is not what I usually hear from the recruiters at the very first step. Then a 30 minute phone call was set up with the hiring manager. He was very nice, we went over my resume and was asked if I'm familiar with any design patterns.
    Then I was invited for onsite interview. 3 rounds of interviews, the first one was more behavioral, and the two others were technical. Everyone I met were super nice. The questions were concise and to the point. I almost answered all the questions and I thought everyone was satisfied with my answers.
    The next morning I received a phone call from the same recruiter. This is when I got really disappointed with their recruiting process. He told me that they wanted to give me an offer, but the salary they offered was too low. I asked if it's negotiable, he said maybe, but I have to keep in mind that I don't have the specific background and I need a lot of training. Seriously?? Is that how you offer someone a job? If I'm being offered a job, I want to feel that I'm valuable for them and I can contribute to their growth, not someone who needs a lot of training and not valuable enough to be offered a reasonable salary. You can just give me other reasons instead of trying to intimidate me. I asked if I can see the offer letter, he said no! we have to have an agreement first, which I think is weird. Then I said I will think about it and will let you know the next business day, I just asked for one day! And again he said no! You HAVE to decide today cause we have another candidate. I think it was my right to think about the offer at least for a day.
    After all, I decided to decline the offer without even bothering to negotiate.
    I know that the hiring manager and the people were nice and knowledgeable and it was a pleasure working with them, but their recruiting process is horrible. I really suggest them to rethink about it.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented design, easy Leetcode algorithm questions (Linked list, ... ), basic C++ concepts (inheritance, ...)   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Wixom, MI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Process was very relaxed and informative describing duties, benefits, and expectations. Nice building. I had applied and interviewed for a different position. That position was filled from within. However, my resume was kept and passed on to interview for this opening.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT.

Interview

I had a telephone interview.
    I then did an in person interview.
    There were two people interviewing me.
    The second person came off very aggressive.
    I got the impression they had already made a decision and they were interviewing me just to fulfill the contract agreement with the recruiter.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT.

Interview

Initial phone conversation was very positive. I was supplied with more than typical information. Things moved quickly to the next level, then the wheels came off. RED FLAG: when a Vice President begins with, “No matter what happens, I always enjoy just getting to know various people.” I take my selective searches very seriously. I am not looking to “meet new people,” I’m looking for a strong interview. Don’t waste my time, because I am certainly not wanting to waste yours! Don’t ask me for the next step if I am clearly not in the running.

Game Mathematician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a one hour phone call with many members of the team. I was then invited to interviews on-site. The interviews were very behavioral oriented and they asked almost no technical questions, although some questions were asked about my casino gaming background as well as other questions on my background.

For the most part the questions were straightforward and the interviewers were friendly, but I had one panel of interviewers who were outside of the team I was applying for and they made me feel kind of uncomfortable. They asked me mostly behavioral and a couple of trick questions; some of the interviewers even made sarcastic and negative remarks to me. This one interview seemed like more of an interrogation than an interview to be honest. But besides this it was a okay experience overall.

Product Tester V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV (US)).

Interview

You must apply internally when there's positions open. Then there's a selection of people that will get inteviewd. There may be a 2nd round and a takes a couple weeks to find out the final result. A team of 3 supervisors take turns asking a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Senerial..what would you do?
      What do you know about the position.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IGT (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Worse experience ever. Interviewer was worse don't wanted to listen anything .was very rude . overall worse experience..never apply for this company again..one suggestion to igt never waste candidate timing .

Interview Questions

• basic Android question but interviewer was worse.. she was fresher don't have much knowledge took interview from India and don't want to listen anything ..she just wanted to speak .her name was babli bisht.. very unprofessional people   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.