ITW Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ITW Interview Questions

Interviews at ITW

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

A hiring manager scheduled a time to go over the position and ask a few basic behavioral questions. It was conducted over Skype for business. The process was smooth and simple, and there were no trick questions asked. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Unprofessional, was interrupted and guy was eating during call. Gentlemen was very distracted non attentive. Rude and dismissive. Was the oddest interview I have ever had and did decline job opportunity as this a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career..then was interrupted shortly aftet   1 Answer
    • Do the hours of the job work for you.   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience in this field.?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Interview

very simple. 1 phone call with an hr and then went in for an interview with the production manager. they walked me around the plant and i believe offered me the job right on the spot. 0 experience necessary

Interview Questions

• are you mechanically inclined and what type of tools have you used before   1 Answer

HR Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

Mostly a mix of past experience questions and behavioral questions. The interviewers were friendly and had good responses prepared to my questions. Was surprised when I received an automated rejection message instead of a personalized message after investing the time to have 2 interviews.

Engineering Interview

Interview

I was sent an email for a video interview request. I had to dress professionally and answer around 5 questions in front of my computer screen. Some questions had multiple attempts allowed and I was given time to think before recording an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I broke a big problem into a smaller one   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

No phone interview which seemed odd. Invited to in-person interview via email. Met with 2 operations staff for 1 hour then hiring manager for 1 hour. Ops employees were extremely knowledgeable but expressed their frustration with Sourcing in general. The interview with the hiring manager was bizarre to say the least. The questions were slow, incomplete and hard to understand. It was very uncomfortable.

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Interview

A half day event consisting of 6 back to back interviews ending with an excel assessment. Met with two people in HR, two people I would be direct to, and the other coworkers on the team

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITW (Glenview, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had an initial call with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, and last was an in person with their team. The in-person interview felt very robotic, every person was reading off a pre-printed questionnaire, half listening while writing down answers, and not a single individual bothered to get to know me as a person. The questions were very detailed. I was unprepared so I did not do well. Like when I responded to one question, they would follow up with 3 additional questions to my response. It made me feel like everything I answered was being questioned and not understood or listened to.

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITW (Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a phone call to set up a phone interview. I spoke with the Director of HR for a quick 20-30 minutes. She asked basic questions and told me that they would be conducting interviews in the next couple weeks. That conversation was over a month ago. While I get that I didn't get the position, I heard nothing. A little professional courtesy to say that the company went in a different direction would have been nice.

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

Applied online, completed one interview with general behavioral questions like "tell me about yourself," "describe your current coursework" etc. The interview was with the hiring manager and they were very kind. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.