Imagination Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Imagination Technologies

3.4

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Entire process took a whole month. Asked to present on the topic of video compression techniques, then followed by questions and discussion. Afterwards, they asked me about past experiences, and many other technical questions. They were very professional and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about video codecs.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Reasonable Qs. They give you 6000 stock/shares which you can cash out after the third anniversary. Generous relocation is provided. Pretty negotiable after the first offer of base salary.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview within 3 weeks from the online application, followed by a technical face to face interview and a personal interview at Kings Langley. Physical Design Engineer Summer Internship position

Lead Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Wrocław (Poland)) in June 2018.

Interview

1. applied only
    2. got reply after few weeks
    3. interview with QA manager over phone
    4. Long interview on site
    5. Negative response after over 3 weeks.. with one or two calls in between if I am still interested.
    6. Call about offer of Test Engineer role almost month later. Salary talk, I gave them my expectations.
    7. Offer withdrawn, after 3 days. They did not want to pay the money I've asked for.. stated "they will get someone Junior"

Very long process, I've learned that its good to ask about the budget on a first call. It would save a lot of time for all stakeholders.

Leading Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Pune).

Interview

Starts with a online C test at all levels of openings.
    Subsequently a couple of telephonic round to know more of the projects worked on, areas of interest and technical capabilities(based on team).
    On clearing above a FTF inteview which company compensates for. 2-3 members of the team including the manager judges the technical capabilities and problem solving skills of the individual.
    If found suitable the offer is released within a week,

Leading Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone screen included questions on how to implement floating point arithmetic, clock-domain crossing, ASIC design workflow. I thought I failed, but got called back for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I was quizzed on FIFO block diagrams, power saving modes, clock-domain crossing, VHDL code mistakes, then Python syntax and shallow copy problems. Overall quite intimidating and again I thought I didn't do that great.

This was one of the few in-person interviews where I really felt that I was still being intensely interviewed, instead of either a casual dialogue or the company taking the opportunity to show you their facility, great corporate culture, and try to recruit you to join their company. At ImgTec it was more like a pressure cooker, and then 'let's walk through the desk area' and 'here's the door'. Definitely didn't get that warm feeling that they wanted me or thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would multiply together two floating point numbers. How many bits do you need to hold the result and what error conditions might occur?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate the salary up by 3k from 40k to 43k, primarily due to the limited data available on GlassDoor. All/most reviews stated that the payscale at IMG was below market conditions. Employment contract included a 2-month notice period which I unsuccessfully tried to get decreased to 1 month.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in April 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview which was full of general questions about my course in the university. Afterwards I had a C competency test and was invited to on site interview. It was 2 parts - with the people I was supposed to work with and with HR department. It continued 2.5 hours

Interview Questions

• Reverse a list of words without reversing the words themselves   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

4 rounds includng HR round. 3 rounds are technical, mainly focussing on OS concepts and algorithms. The interviewers expect detailed algorithms with efficient implementation. The interview mainly intends to understand your way of thinking and core C concepts. I would recommend preparing C using books like K&R. The concepts like basic data structures also need preparing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was smooth

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Firstly phone interview from a manager, the online C test but wasn't difficult as most of them were about basic C programming knowledge. After passing the test, it was face to face interview asking about your background, motivation to apply for, career outlook etc

Interview Questions

• General background of your past work experience, what do you see yourself in 5-10 years time. Some technical C questions, what do you think of the current company, product lines,etc   Answer Question

Soft Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

The overall experience was positive and I learnt a lot of things about the work done at the company. It was my first interview and this experience was insightful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.