Impetus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Impetus Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Impetus Technologies

3.2

Sr Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Very weird interview process. The recruiter started calling me nonstop to setup an interview. On the interview day their Dr. of HR Vaneeta Malhotra calls me 10 mins late and no exchange of pleasantries, straight up asks me where do you think Big data is headed? Then a couple of other questions, and the call drops. Apparently she hung up. But I called back to make sure it was not my line, The lady tells me we were done with the interview and she got what she needed. I thought such a bone head.
    A few weeks later, some other recruiter calls and arranges another interview, this time with a C level exec, I get selected. I declined the offer due to too many negative feedback I got from my friends.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

There were two technical discussion, HR round about salary discussion and Client Interview. Finally without releasing offer, they are still negotiating the salary which they agreed in HR round and they do not respond either. Very worst interview process and they do not have ethical standards to even reply after that. They just keeps you as backup and still search for someone who agrees for very low package. Please make sure in HR round itself, whether there won’t be any negotiation after this. Don’t believe this company, they just don’t respond you. Worst interview process and HR has no ethics.

Interview Questions

• About current project, spark architecture and core java.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

This is summary of experiences of 100s of candidates who interviewed with Impetus IN USA.

This company is known for corruption, lies and how they cheat clients. They are disgrace to IT community with their policies and exploitation practices. Impetus also known for posting positions even when there are no real positions available just to cheat interview takers and exploit USCIS and US immigration regulations.

If they arrange interviews on weekends or not giving info about which client they are interviewing for, don't accept interviews. 99.99% chance they are just fooling you as it is policy inside the company to keep taking interviews as it generates income to certain departments inside the company.

Stay away from this company's interviews if location is USA as 99% are fake interviews. At this point it is common knowledge among many vendor companies that dealt with this company directly ( in their own words) and 100s of candidates.
    Anyways Good luck for your job search.

Interview Questions

• Basic bookish questions as most of employers lack good practical knowledge, few are alrite.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Connected by one of recruiter. Interview was very strange, I was supposed to being interviewed for big data profile but in 45 minutes of technical interview he asked java, java and only java. Not even single question from Spark and Hive. Although my interview went well but they should be asking questions related to profile not only the programming language.

Interview Questions

• Find middle element of linked list in one iteration.   1 Answer
    • Tree, Stack, Multithreading.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I went there for Java Developer position but the interviewer asked questions about Big data. So please dont go there if you are called for Java developer position unless you know something about Big data.

Interview Questions

• What is big Data how mongodb is beneficial in solving it   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

This interview is for Phoenix, AZ location. All interviews are over skype. 2 Technical interviews (one at a time) followed by HR discussion.
    Each interview is on a weekend. The recruiter who works from India is very poor in coordinating with the candidates. All his feedbacks are one word responses.
    The recruiter sent an email after the HR discussion asking for confirmation on the salary and after two weeks he started going back on his word and asking me to accept the salary that is very much lower than what he confirmed in an earlier email. This sounds very unprofessional.

Instead of looking at the skills and experience of a candidate they focus on what you are earning and what is the expected salary. They never care about your skills and value you bring in. To me it looks like a just body shop company.

It was my mistake to accept the interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic MapReduce and Java questions. Covered other components in Hadoop eco system (Hive, Sqoop and Oozie). Few questions Spark performance and architecture.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The process involved 3 rounds totally and this was a walk-in drive conducted by Impetus.

A recruiter contacted me 10 days before and briefed me on the position, location, and organization (This was in response to my application via LinkedIn)

First 2 rounds were technical and the 3rd round was with HR regarding the discussion on salary and benefits

The process took around 3 hours and they were giving an offer on the same day for selected candidates (something to appreciate!)

Interview Questions

• Involved various questions related to the below topics -

Memory Management, Collections, Serialization, Concurrency, REST, Hibernate, MongoDB, SQL, Design Patterns, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Previous Projects   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process is not fixed.
    Recruiters are confused when you ask them questions regarding job.
    2 Video Interview (mostly behavioral)
    1 HR Meet
    3 Video Interview (Technical - Managerial - Technical)
    1 HR Interview
    Recruiter sets up call each time and will give you a feedback after 2 months.
    Company has many sub-divisions so they might change job description with out knowing you.
    Technical person or Managers have no idea which projects/technology used. They will name every tool in Big Data field and at end before accepting offer they will say that you have to work as Java developer.
    Hiring people do not have any co-ordination between them.

Interview Questions

• -mostly on resume
      - some hive questions
      - How map-reduce works?
      - Spark architecture questions.   Answer Question

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies.

Interview

Scheduled Skype interview for the Hadoop developer position. Interviewer was nice and cool.
    He asked about my experience and skills set. And he asked some questions on Hive, Map reduce process with one scenario. And slowly went more technical, syntax, real time problems, etc.

Interview Questions

• How Map reduce works explain with one scenario.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Impetus Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several recruiters then a VP. Impetus is infatuated with Skype. All interviews were on Skype, I asked if it could be a phone call and that was met with much resistance. They wanted to fly me to CA for full day face to face meetings, throughout entire process they refused to share compensation details. Was told several times that it was competitive and not to worry about it. After 3 attempts to get comp details with no success and more importantly, after speaking live with a former Impetus sales rep, I cancelled the CA meeting.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.