Indian Statistical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Indian Statistical Institute

3.9

Statistical Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata).

Interview

Written exam followed by an interview with professors. Asked to explain the answers to the questions in the written exam. Also some statistical concepts questions. Use the board to explain answers.

Interview Questions

• Basic statistical concepts in MCQ form   1 Answer

Plp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata) in August 2018.

Interview

1.it as a walk-in interview
    2.came to know from isi's website
    3. went directly for inteview
    4.3 professors took interview for almost 30mins
    5.After a week confirmation of being select was informed in mail
    6.A week after joining latter issued

Interview Questions

• 1.Basics of regression
      2.Gauss markov Theorem
      3.What do you mean by robustness
      4.How ca you use a data to go through various regression processes   Answer Question

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Bengaluru) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview panel had 3 professors. The interview questions test your logic and not memory. They give you puzzles and you are supposed to answer them on the board. If you get stuck at giving answers they also help you.

Visiting Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata) in August 2015.

Interview

People were very humble, started with basic questions and once in the zone they'll shoot you up in the sky. Pretty great experience. They try to help you if you're stuck.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my research experience and looked for the minor details in them   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute.

Interview

The Students need to go through an entrance exam for admission,and those who secure a certain cut off are invited to appear for the interview,which is held at Indian Statistical Institute itself.
    The applicant needs to appear before an interview board comprising of about 8-10 Faculty members of the institute.The interview is mostly academic,with emphasis on mathematical and analytical abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked my favorite topic,to which I replied calculus and I was asked to draw graphs of few functions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute.

Interview

It was based on two parts. One is written and other one was viva. Viva was only for those who qualified written. Written exam was based on algorithm implementation in any language. One must be ready with C, C++, Java. Matrix and array are important. Combinatorics based math also asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviews are held for candidates who clear cross a certain threshold in their written tests. The final selection is based on a weighted average of the performance in written test and interview. The interview starts with some elementary technical questions and the difficulty level is gradually increased to test the depth and thinking ability of the candidate

Interview Questions

• Candidates from varied disciplines are offered PhD postitions and hence they start with questions based on the candidate's background. For the questions that are not based on candidate's background, they provide basic definitions. The main skill that they assess, is the ability of the candidate to think independently   Answer Question

Project Related Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata) in June 2013.

Interview

Mostly asked about data structures and algorithm problems in C. asked a few questions on MATLAB. The Professors had grilled me on my specialization area(machine learning) and then i was asked about my previous projects and publications. previous recommendations do matter quite a bit. In machine learning focus mostly on the statistical aspects, though you are not asked to write code, you are expected to explain the workings of the common algorithms.

Interview Questions

• asked about graphical models hadnt prepared for the interview but was not very difficult managed to answer it.   Answer Question

Junior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indian Statistical Institute (Kolkata).

Interview

Advertisement appears around march-april every year on newspaper and website.Selection procedure includes two written test and a interview panel. The test includes bachelor level of mathematics and computer science knowledge. One test is on purely mathematics and the second one is from respective field of the student. Total intake is around 5-10 each year.

Interview Questions

• questions are mainly on combinatorics and advanced data structure.. u can also expect some advance topics of computer science also.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Hired through reference. Basic tech interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.