InterAction Interview Questions

Updated 20 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterAction

InterAction

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterAction

Interview

I applied online and went through three rounds of interviews, plus a writing exercise, all of which were very professional and friendly, if a little intimidating with a panel interview. I was asked to submit references, and then I was fully ghosted. I followed up twice and was eventually told they went in another direction. This many rounds of interviews deserves at minimum a curt email rejection.

Interview Questions
  • work style and capacity, technical understanding and background
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC)

Interview

Seemed to go well - was asked to phone interview a few days after applying off of Idealist, a few days later asked to interview in person, interviewed in person the following week and think it went well, sent a thank you, and never got a response on the status of my candidacy. Fully professionally ghosted despite email and call follow ups to even just be sure of a rejection. Needless to say, deeply unprofessional experience and gave me a very bad impression of the organization.

Interview Questions
  • What draws you to this role? What is your experience in communications? Here’s a scenario: X. How would you react to this situation/number of tasks thrown at you at once?

InterAction

Application

I interviewed at InterAction

Interview

Interview Process: Very simple and straightforward. Common interview questions and the team was very kind. Hiring process: It was a quick turn around time from the interview to the offer stage. There was not much of a formal on boarding process, but it is easy to learn as you go.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC) in Feb 2019

Interview

Received an e-mail with an invitation to interview and then met with two people. The first interviewer spent around 20-30 minutes with me and told me I had the exact experience they were looking for. The second interviewer, the decision maker, came in, looked at my resume, and told said they wanted someone with more accounting experience but not a CPA. They told me about the next steps in the interview process and I followed-up with thank-you e-mails to both interviewers. I never heard anything else.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about my current job and why I was interested. No "gotcha" questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC) in Sep 2017

Interview

It was a standard process - what little I took part in. I applied online and had a preliminary phone screening with a very high-ranking staffer and the two staffers who are supervised by this position. The biggest thing is that I never heard back from the woman I interviewed with following the interview - not a peep. I find this extremely rude and inconsiderate. I find it astonishing that someone who ranks so high in her organization is so irresponsible and rude to potential employees. I hate to see how she treats her actual employees. If there's one good thing about interviews that have these results, it's that I know which organizations I don't want to work for - the ones that treat people like they're lower than pond scum.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

InterAction

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterAction in Mar 2017

Interview

I was asked basic interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses and what I wanted to get out of the internship. Also was asked about my previous work experience and classes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied for a position online and within a week I heard back from them scheduling a phone interview. Overall it was a wonderful interview, the questions were very straightforward. The interview went off-topic quite a number of times.

Interview Questions
  • How I deal with criticism, do I work better in teams or individually, explain in greater detail my extracurricular.,

InterAction

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterAction in Aug 2014

Interview

The interview process was quick, took 3 weeks. First you submit a resume and materials related to writing and web design. Got contacted for a phone interview. It was a conference call with 2 supervisors. Went well, interview was the standard questions. I was asked mostly about my interest in non-profit and my interest in their particular team. Tie any relevant experience back to your personal interests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC) in Feb 2014

Interview

it was nice and short not too long. they ask questions that were very general nothing too tricky at all. I loved it, just be prepared to answer questions. they were very nice, I didnt even think I was gonna ge, oveall it was a great experience I must say.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (New York, NY) in Dec 2013

Interview

Within 4 days of the application deadline, i received an email stating that they wanted to schedule a 30 minute phone interview with me. I quickly sent my reply, and set up a time and day of the week. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the decisions will be made in 2 weeks. In the first week, the internship coordinator emailed me and told me that I was offered a position. I accepted. For the first maybe 5 minutes, the coordinator went over what InterAction does globally, and over the position and department I applied for. Then asked me questions - nothing too hard, mostly about my experiences, why I wanted to work there, etc. Then I asked my own questions about the company, culture, and department. I thought it went well and my interviewer even said that the reasons I wanted to intern for the orga toon were in sync with InterAction's goals.

Interview Questions
  • Explain one of my extra curricular activities
  • Why I would be a good fit
  • Do I work better in teams or individually?
  • How I deal with criticism
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews