International Automotive Components Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Apr 2019

2.3

Sort:

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at International Automotive Components.

Interview

Online app and then one on one interview the drug screen and tour then start date watch videos choose what shift your perf to work but having the seniority does but doesn’t make a difference you can get moved around until u get on a shift and have a high enough clock number to stay on that shift I have been on all three shifts and I have been three 3yrs

Intern Interview

Interview

I interned there for a bit, it was generally an alright experience. Not too much to say about it, either than it was a positive experience and I would encourage anyone considering this firm to give them a shot and interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

there was no interview, he called me and asked when i could start. if you know someone that works there, you can get your foot in the door. good internship if you need the credits and you like cars

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Southfield, MI (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

First you interview with Human Resources. You then interview with your direct manager and possibly the head of the department. The interview was very basic, and simple. Easy to talk to and felt very personable.

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Springfield, TN (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

They seemed to be desperate to hire a problem solver, but in reality they wanted someone who can work long hours 7 days a week. During the interview, they 'joked' that no one is allowed to be sick. Their interview questions were all over the place, without giving me a chance to show how my experience might be relevant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ok with manager swearing or snapping at the subordinates.   1 Answer

Materials Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Spartanburg, SC (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Typical based behavioral questions. Why did you leave your last job? Explain your jumps or gaps in employment. What is your biggest weakness? What are you biggest strengths? Why should we hire you. How soon can you start? What was you worst mistake? What was your greatest success? I probably should have negotiated more vacation days in the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? Explain your jumps in employment. What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Good offer. Didn't negotiate as it was a decent first offer. Should have worked in more vacation an benefits on day 1. I believe you have to wait 60 days before benefits active.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at International Automotive Components.

Interview

Applied through Michigan Works and interviewed with HR manager. He asked a few questions but wasn't trying to stump anyone. Very easy going interview. Did complete drug and background test and was not expected to start a few days after interview so could not give notice to previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Did you have a history of being on time?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Gaffney, SC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Temp to hire I worked for three months as a temp before getting hired on permanent full time upon becoming a full time employee I made good money with the overtime available I worked here for 5 plus yearsl

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Columbus, OH (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume a received a call late in the evening from HR. I was asked to come in ASAP which I did. I would have worked for this manager hands down. But one of the panel members was blatantly dishonest in his education not realizing I attended his institution. After that I pretty much acted like I didn't know a darn thing so I could get out of there... Disappointing to say the least. HR made a big deal about the morning start-up meetings as if I never attended one. I do not think they realize every other company has these and I really have been doing these for many, many years....just strange

Senior Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Automotive Components (Southfield, MI (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very short and direct interview process. Received initial call from Recruiter who didn't ask any questions or do any type of pre-screening interview. Recruiter asked me to come into the office for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and director. Interview lasted approximately 2 hours and I was told no decision would be reached immediately, but I should receive feedback in approximately one week. Interview was extremely casual and more conversational than behavioral. Walked through resume and responded to probing questions on experience and knowledge of the industry. Everything went well and the interview ended with questions about references and salary expectations. Two days later I received rejection letter from recruiter with no explanation. When I followed up with the recruiter, I was simply told the interview went great but I was too expensive. Seems like we all could have saved ourselves some time if they would have asked that question on the application or in the inital phone call to request an interview. I spoke with my references and they told me that the recruiter reached out to them. I spoke with a headhunter who found my profile on LinkedIn, reached out to me to gauge my interest, and said my salary was within the employer's salary range for the position. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with this position, the hiring team or this company, but some things do not add up. Based simply on the conflicting and lack of information, I feel it's best if we both go our separate ways. This type of behavior and communication may be ok for some, but I will stay away from this company going forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Do you have any references you can share with us   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.