Jane Street Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,732 of over 1,732.0 interviews

Recruiter4%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Online test, two phone interviews and then final round. Online test was mostly about conditional probability, phone rounds also had game theory and final had both. Final round is super cool and generally the whole process is nice and smooth.

Interview Questions
  • I recommend searching on math stack exchange.
    Answer Question

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

It was a five round interview process which focused mostly on computational ability and concepts in probability. The interviewers cared about the thought process of arriving at the solution more than the solution itself

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Interview process consisted of phone interview rounds followed by a final full-day “on-site” video interview. Questions asked were about various mock trading problems and were all thoughtful and fun to engage with.

Interview Questions
  • Various mock trading scenarios which make use of the ideas in the Probability and Markets Guide on their website (expected value, adverse selection etc).

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

It was an interview conducted on the telephone. The questions were mixed. Some questions touched on the subject of probability. Some questions touched on the subject of probability and trading.

Interview Questions
  • Two symmetric dice have both had two of their sides painted red, two painted black, one painted yellow, and the other painted white. When this pair of dice is rolled, what is the probability that both dice land with the same color face up?

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews (first round was basic probability questions, second and third involved some game theory), then virtual onsite consisting of four 1-hour interviews (similar to second and third phone interviews).

Interview Questions
  • Can you generate a number from 1-10 uniformly at random using two dice?

Jane Street

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in May 2022

Interview

It is a good experience about this interview. HR is very nice. The company is very good. first,it have a 3 take home test,usually give you 2-3days to complete it,and then phone call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

Did technical interviews. The interviews are ~30 mins and consist of standard logic/maths questions that get progressively harder. To prepare, I suggest reading the Jane Street Interview Guide on their website, solve problems from them on glassdoor and sharpen your mental arithmetic and basic probability maths skills.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: What is the smallest number whose digits multiply into 216. What about 10,000? Q2: Calculate the probability of getting 3 heads after 4 coin flips. What is the probability of getting an odd number of heads for 4 flips? What about for 9? What about for N flips? Q3: What is the next date whose digits are all unique? Q4: Getting heads-tails-heads and heads-heads-tails are equiprobable after 3 coin flips. But if I keep flipping a coin, I'm more likely to get one of these combinations than the other. Why is that?

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Hard. Asked probability and brainteasers about various questions. Trader spoke to me and was very nice and friendly. Got speaking about maths questions and no behavioural questions. Was not sucessful to getting to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Flip a coin whats the probability I get a head. Very challenging. What happens if you flip 2 coins? What about n coins

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

The management and staff were ALWAYS super friendly and helpful, it felt more like a family away from family. The pay is very good and there are tons of extras.

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

3 phone + 1 video. video has 3 rounds. phone has 1-2 problems. Some interviews are friendly but some seem to be a little bit harsh. Not sure whether pressure interview is involved throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,732 Interviews