Jumbotail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Jumbotail Interview Questions

Interviews at Jumbotail

2.9

National Vendor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jumbotail.

Interview

It was one of the most thorough processes. Had multiple interactions with all stakeholders like CFO, CTO, COO and even the CEO apart from the actual hiring manager as well.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions to judge the culture fit and the technical expertise, very thorough   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Interview

Far too many rounds for a mid level hire. More than 8 rounds , many of them with people not relevant to the role at all. For a startup priding itself on agility, this reflects very poorly- no proper feedback given at the end of the process. During a pandemic, make you travel to Bangalore to attend more interviews/rounds there- I have not yet been refunded for the trip more than a month after my process. The inteveiwers were excellent though, and all the interviews were good- just that it was really unnecessary and time consuming.

Data Anlayst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jumbotail.

Interview

1.Round 1
    Basic statistics,data analysis scenario based questions and mathematics test(mostly from gmat)
    time duration - 45 mins
    2.Round 2
    Interview scenario based questions(they just want to know your views and solutions so they can inculcate in their real time problems)
    time duration - 1 hr
    3.Round3
    Assignment test-(scenario based data analytics solution)
    4.Round 4
    Tech interview - data anlysis,stats,maths questions
    time s
    duration - 1 hr

Result : They wont say anything(neither they reply)
    basically they just need your ideas and perspective to use it in their real time scenario

Interview Questions

• 1.What is mean,median and mode?   1 Answer
    • 2.what are outliers and how it affect mean,median and mode?   1 Answer
    • 3.scenario based data analysis questions   1 Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumbotail.

Interview

The interviewer was very creepy and he just enquired about my past and my likes and dislikes. Honestly saying I am glad they rejected me because I felt he was getting details from me to reject me and probably find me on social media. If you are a woman please don't interview here. He normally boasts about himself that is it

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite dish and are you veg or non veg?   1 Answer

Jumbotail Response

8 Dec 2020 – Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition and People Experience

Hi, I deeply regret the kind of interview experience you had with us. With candidate experience being one of the core tenets for us, it is absolutely unacceptable to make candidates feel in a way described by you. We will certainly look into it and ensure a thorough investigation and action. If you wish to share more details, feel free to reach me at shefali.bhardwaj@jumbotail.com. I, Shefali Bhardwaj, lead the People Experience team at Jumbotail.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumbotail (Bengaluru) in November 2019.

Interview

The person did not have any specific questions to ask. But was more interested on the business model of my current company. He did not the decency to explain about his requirement.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jumbotail (Bengaluru) in October 2019.

Interview

1) First round is coding round in interviewbit . 2 questions(linked lists, strings)
    2) Phone call basic intro about company and ourselevs
    3) 2-3 skype calls on coding (linked lists, statcks,arrays)
    4)4 Onsite rounds(coding, project,product management,Founder)

Over All the hospitality and support offered by the recruiters and HR's is great. Every one are kind and down to earth eventhough they are highly qualified

Interview Questions

• 1) Compare version numbers
      2)Tree mirroring
      3)Carpooling project discussion and develop some APIS   1 Answer

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jumbotail (Bengaluru).

Interview

The interview experience was highly negative for me. The entire process took a whopping six days.

It appears their goal is to have an exhaustive interview process so that they hire the very best candidates, but the biggest flaw is how inexperienced and insecure their own team is while conducting these extensive rounds of interview.

The UX task given to me was not well formulated and looked like it had been written in a hurry.
    Once I submitted it, they kept adding changes to it which were not part of the original brief. If they would've actually spent time to create a proper task, my time would not have been wasted.

In terms of the interview itself, the round with the designers was fine, though they seemed a little underprepared to take the interview.
    Silly questions were asked along with some more decent ones, which I chalk up to the design team being young and inexperienced.

But the real turn off for me were the rounds with the product manager and with a member of the tech team. Both individuals were highly arrogant and made me uneasy. I believe the product manager's name was Saloni and I don't recall the name of the tech guy.

Advice to the management- doesn't matter what fancy credentials your managers come with. Please make sure they have a basic sense of decorum.

Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Draw the information architecture for a warehouse app on the whiteboard.   1 Answer

Business Operations Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumbotail (New Delhi) in August 2019.

Interview

The duration of the interview was bit long, But each round were quite interesting and challenging. I had totally four rounds which were Personal , Behavioural, Analytical , Technical. The approach of all the interviewer's was very good and most of the questions was about fundamentals and principle thinking.

People Experience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jumbotail in June 2019.

Interview

I had 5 rounds of interviews .Last round of interview was by the CEO himself. It was a good experience because I got to learn a lot. There was adequate time between each interview process which helped me relax and also prepare well for the next. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were basic questions related to the role itself to make sure I have a basic understanding.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jumbotail (Bengaluru) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was extremely good and innovative. It was not like any traditional interviews. My first round was a case-solving round to an RCA for a problem being faced by a fictitious company. Then I had a field interview which was something really new. They asked me to go on the field with a product manager in a delivery vehicle and meet the actual customers and understand their pain points and whether or not they are happy with Jumbotail. I loved the transparency and reality of the company. Then I had a design interview in the office where I have to solve a problem and the interviewer will role play any stakeholder I might want to ask the question to. Even this approach of interviewing people was very innovative. This was followed by a tech interview, another product case interview, interview with COO followed by an interview with the CEO of Jumbotail. They did not ask many cliched interview questions and were trying to assess if one can think through the fundamentals and have first principle thinking,

Interview Questions

• When did you learn on the field after interacting with the customer and what change did it bring into you?   Answer Question
    • What assumptions you had and the assumptions that got broken?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize tasks and manage conflict situations?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.