Kaiser Aluminum Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Kaiser Aluminum Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaiser Aluminum

3.1

Customer Host New Starter Interview

Interview

The only reason why you I didn’t want you and your friends are going out here and you want me to do it for a little baby lol I don’t want you in your house and you want me to do it you want me to do something

Reliability and Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Very unstructured interview onsite and follow-up phone interview with hiring manager and some other personnel. No STAR or behavioral questions. Mostly went over my background and what value I could bring to the organization. Fairly easy and straight forward interview process.

Contacted 2 weeks after interviews concluded and provided with an offer.

Interview Questions

Extremely unprofessional and bizarre experience after offer was provided.

The offer itself was apparently non-negotiable even though this was never stated. The offer was essentially rescinded after I attempted to negotiate. Staff claimed offer was immediately given to another candidate because they "thought" I had declined it after they were unable to meet any of my asks. I’m very skeptical of this explanation and it’s most likely BS. First, I never formally declined the offer either verbally or written. Second, staff handling the matter wasn't the least bit apologetic that there was perhaps a misunderstanding in communication.

It’s 100% fine if a potential employer wants to rescind an offer for whatever reason, but at least communicate it to a candidate.

Very disappointed with the experience, which is probably reflective of the culture and workplace environment of this company. If a potential hire is treated this way I can't imagine what its like for the employed staff. I'd resent to be in such a disrespectful environment. Things likely worked out for the best in the end.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trentwood, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum (Trentwood, WA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Days later a round robin interview. Meet all 3 in a conference and proceed to meet each one whereby behavioral questions and possible related skills are discussed.

Posting asked for certain skills (posting and hiring manager) said were required, while actual floor manager stated skills were barely used or certain analytical skills were not important. An apparent disconnect between upper management and the floor leading to some confusion for the interviewee.

Interviewers polite and professional.

Negative review is for unprofessional communication. Hours of interviewing (on-site) and no word back after thank you letters and follow ups. "Ghosting" as it is called with no rejection or acceptance after days of preparation and research on the company for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum in August 2017.

Interview

Nice and easy interview. The Interview was genuinely more interested in knowing that I would be a great fit, rather than just bombarding me with difficult questions. He was very interested in my work ethic and getting a feel for my demeanor.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the company? How do you handle objections?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum (Spokane, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Kaiser uses the STAR interviewing technique. STAR stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Interviews are at least half of a day held by a panel of interviewers individually including a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at your last position where you've overcome a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum (Spokane, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

3 separate phone interviews, application and background check, and panel interview onsite with 8 people, each for one hour, skill quiz and plant tour. Required to pay for own transportation and stay, they make arrangements with your credit card. You are given forms to request reimbursement. No follow up was given on interview results. I did not bother with reimbursement, instead chalked it up to experience.

Interview Questions

• STARS based questioning with points given for each part of the question.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum.

Interview

Good every one that was involved seemed competent about the equipment and plant. They were able to answer all of the questions and concerns that I had. great tour of plant.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum (Foothill Ranch, CA (US)).

Interview

Reasonable phone screen followed by face to face. After interview the offer process was EXTREMELY fast. One counter offer and the deal was done. Interviewers were very open and honest. Good follow up from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sign on bonus, remote work arrangement, everything I asked for (reasonable requests) except generous vacation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum in October 2015.

Interview

I was presented by a recruiter and spoke to the Kaiser recruiter. I was seen as a candidate that could work or benefit a few of their plants due to the challenges and skill set that I was able to offer. Their recruiter supposedly put my resume in front of a few plant managers. After not hearing back I got a no email. The no email was not specific about which location I was turned for.

Kaiser's recruiting system is bad. The interview wasn't too bad. I talked to their recruiter about what I've done in my career and that was about it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Aluminum in March 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 conference rooms of 4-5 people who mostly asked me about my methods of solving problems. Was ask about what I enjoy and don't enjoy of my current position. Met briefly with the plant manager and had a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a poor decision and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.