Kansas State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Kansas State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Kansas State University

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

Very low key interview process. I submitted an application and got a call the next day. The interview consisted of 4 different managers (2 ARLC's of the dorm and 2 desk managers). The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes, and I felt like they did a good job of getting to know the candidates during the process

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a very fast turn around. I turned in my application and the next day I had a call and then the next week, I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly two round interviews, first round online interview, and then on-campus interview if pass the first round successfully. Interview questions vary in each department. Mostly few interviewers to one interviewee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kansas State University in May 2014.

Interview

The position was advertized online. I wrote an application package and submitted it via email. I was then emailed to ask if I would be available for a Skype interview. This was conducted a couple of days later. It was a panel interview consisting of the 3 people on the search committee.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about living in Manhattan, KS - hard as I had not visited the town before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the position and outlined the contact. I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)).

Interview

Sent an email to the professor and he responded the next day. Set up a interview with in the next couple of days. I head back the day of the interview stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much standard. For example what are your strength/ weaknesses or why would you be suitable for the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very casual, the supervisor essentially explained the job to me and asked if I wanted and was willing to do it. Most of the "interview" questions where normal in-the-box questions (tell me a little about yourself, what made you want to apply for this job, what type of skills do you have that would make you an outstanding candidate for this position, how long do you plan to be with the department)

Interview Questions

• Where is your inevitable goal for a career that you love?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation when you are an undergraduate with minimal work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I wanted to work on something along with my studies. I simply talked to my professor and gave him reasons why I want to work on a project with him.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What are your areas of interest that you would like a project on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

The Admissions Representative interview lasted several hours. During that time, I was interviewed by multiple panels, the Associate Vice President for Student Life and Director, as well as the Vice President for Student Life. The interview questions were mainly behavioral and situational based. I was also asked to prepare a presentation beforehand, which I then presented to a group of about 20 people who work in some capacity with New Student Services, as well as the other candidates. Each candidate took turns giving our presentations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a difficult situation and had to build rapport quickly with those around you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview and after I completed the interview I was invited to an on-campus interview. Because I was living in another state we arranged a Skype interview. I was told I would hear back in one week however it took longer for them to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave customer service that was above and beyond.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

2 in depth interviews going over job offered and my previous work history. Met with 3 high ranking people in the division for the preliminary interview. The next day got a phone call requesting a second interview that was one on one with the senior Vice President in one weeks time. That interview also went well and later that afternoon I got a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• There will be times when 40 hours a week does not cover the work load that you need to handle. Is it a problem for you to work extra to complete your job expectations?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working in a dynamic workplace?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.