King's Hawaiian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

King's Hawaiian Interview Questions

Interviews at King's Hawaiian

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and very personable. He wanted to know my story and was very interested in how my unique background shaped me into who I am today

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in which you had to overcome obstacles to sell something (idea, product, service, etc.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Torrance, CA (US)).

Interview

The first part is a phone screen with the recruiter. The second part is an interview with the Plant Manager. There is a short break from there and then the HR Business Partner and Talent Acquisition Manager comes in with their interview. Ms. April, the HR Business Partner was unprofessional and impolite. As I was addressing the TAM's question, she looked at her watch and stated "What time is the next interview? The next round was with the HR Director and Talent Acquisition Director. They were kind and even gave me a tour of the office.

King's Hawaiian was kind enough to put together a lovely gift bag with bread, coupons, and a Hawaiian necklace. Other than Ms. April's behavior and abrasiveness (definitely lacking Ohana spirit!), this interview was OK.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian.

Interview

Sadly I will never reapply to King's Hawaiian after the experience that I had. I initially applied for the position in August 2017. I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter that went well. I was super excited about the position because King's Hawaiian seemed like a great company to work for in an HR capacity and a culture I wanted to be a part of. I was then told that I was moving onto an in-person panel interview. They told me to pick either Thursday, Friday or Monday to interview, and I picked Monday so I had the weekend to prep. I went out and bought a Hawaiian shirt to wear at the interview and a flower for my hair, and started prepping intensely for this interview since I wanted this job so bad. But then on the Friday before my interview, I received a call from them saying they needed to cancel my interview because they offered the job to the first candidate that interviewed on Thursday and they didn't need to see anyone else. I was devastated, but thought that this candidate must have been the absolute perfect fit. The recruiter sent me some goodies, sent me a connection request on LinkedIn, and told me that if there was ever another opening that she would definitely reach out.

Fast forward to the end of January 2018 and I saw that the position was open again on the website! I was ecstatic and instantly reapplied. I reached out to the recruiter that I initially worked with via LinkedIn since she was very active on there and told her that I reapplied and hope that we could schedule a time to discuss the opening. Then...crickets. I heard nothing despite me checking their careers page often to see if the position was still open and thinking that they may have had more urgent positions to fill. I then reached out to her via email towards the end of March, almost two months later, asking again about my application. She got back to me a week later telling me that the position had been filled.

You were so interested in interviewing me the first time and saying how I was a great fit...why did you not bring me in again after I told you how badly I wanted the position when we initially spoke in August? Why would you tell me that you would reach out to me if there were ever any openings when that was a lie? You were the ones that initially cancelled my interview, not me. I am so disappointed with King's Hawaiian and their recruitment process. To put a candidate through that is not right.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Torrance, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Three people interview. You talk to each one one-by-one. They were all very nice and approachable. They asked basic questions like what school you go to, why you chose King's Hawaiian, any experience, etc. All responses to my answers were very understanding.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Gardena, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website via employee referral. They contacted me back via email to set up a phone interview with the HR department. After that, 2 more phone interviews with people on the sales team, and finally an in person interview with a couple of salespeople and the current sales assistants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kings Hawaiian?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle working multiple projects with the same deadline?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The whole process took about a month. There were two phone interviews, one with HR and the other with the hiring manager. After a week, I was invited for an onsite, 4 rounds back-to-back interview at their HQ in Torrance, LA.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role/company? Give me an example of managing a project from end to end.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Torrance, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process with King's Hawaiian is extremely smooth! They are extremely hospitable and make you feel at home within their family! They do treat each other as if they are family. It shows during every interaction you have, which is funneled from the top of the organization.

Interview Questions

• The questions were extremely conversational and not the typical behavioral style, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It felt more relaxed and comfortable than the standardized interview.   1 Answer

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Torrance, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

1st Interview: Within 48 hours of my online submission, they reached out to me to schedule an in person interview. It was a panel interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Recruiter.

2nd Interview: Was contacted 3 weeks after the initial onsite interview. It was a panel interview with 3 different operations managers.

Interview Questions

• Culture fit plays a major role in our hiring decision. We've had candidates change after the 90 day evaluation period, which deems them unfit for culture. How do you vet this out?   1 Answer

Executive Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Torrance, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. A couple of weeks later I received an email requesting a 30 minute phone interview the following week. The phone interview was very pleasant. The recruiter reviewed the history of King's Hawaiian Bakery and provided a little overview of the position and the company. She did ask a fair deal of questions. They were more in-depth that most phone interviews I have done prior.

I received another email about a week later with a request for an in-person interview the following week. This was a panel interview with 2 individuals who are currently in the role/work closely with the person currently in the role. The third participant was the recruiter I previously interviewed with via phone.

The interview was pleasant and upbeat. Some of the situation-based questions do take a few minutes to process and derive poised answers.

A little advice:

Some of the questions seemed like they wanted a response specific to processes at King's Hawaiian (booking travel came to my mind). It is challenging to know what processes/resources are available at a company prior to interviewing. The answer can be as easy as finding flights on Kayak/Expedia, using an internal travel booking software, or coordinating with a full-blown travel department. I know I have done all three at various employers based on their infrastructure.

The first question asked if I had experience with specific software/programs. I was thrown for a loop a bit since the position description did not mention this requirement. Since these programs were a bit unique to this particular position, it would have been good to know going into the process.

Rather than do a panel interview, I would have rather done 3 consecutive one-on-one interviews. I felt I wasn't able to really connect with each interviewer and gain a report.

Lastly-- the "thank you" I received as I was leaving the interview was unexpected and very much appreciated. It does leave you with a warm feeling and sense of "ohana." Thanks again to King's Hawaiian for allowing me to be a part of the process. Regardless of the outcome, I will leave with a positive experience.

The next steps left at the end of the interview were clear (once the candidate interview process was complete, they would circle back with me).

Interview Questions

• Describe what "Telling Like it Is in a Way that Can be Heard" means to you and how you live that in your life?

Describe what Aloha Spirit means and how you embody this concept?

Describe what you would do if you had a technical issue and no IT department to assist you?

Describe a situation when you made a mistake and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakwood, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King's Hawaiian (Oakwood, GA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I have several phone interviews that apparently went well. The people I spoke with were very friendly, honest and open. I appreciated the frank discussions.

Overall, I liked the process. I was disappointed not to receive an offer, and it was that last interaction that I found disappointing. In my opinion, and I've interviewed many people myself, when you have a candidate that you bring into your facility, fly in from out of state, I do believe if you choose not to hire that individual, a brief phone call is appropriate. Instead, I received a two sentence email, stating they are looking at other candidates.

Again, I think a call should have been made informing me, but I'm sure it's all for the best!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.