Lazard Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lazard Asset Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Lazard Asset Management

3.1

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management.

Interview

I treated Lazard with full respect before the interview. I dropped resume via website and it took one month to the webinar interview. The process was disappointingly not aimed at hiring but asking for stocks. The company's analyst recruitment is based on strategy team. The team I met with badly underperformed the market last two years. The morale was low. Analysts asked why I outperformed last year. The team leader just kept asking for stock disrespectfully.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat growth stocks with hyper multiples?
      What are the positions in your current holdings?
      What stocks are you most positive with for now?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume through Handshake, then had an initial phone screen. A few weeks later I was brought into the office for a SuperDay. I spoke to 3 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What is a bond?
      How would you value a hot dog stand in NYC?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a recruiter. The process was around 4 hours long over the course of one day I met with the team of sales associates, the Vice President and managing director

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

You will likely meet with multiple interviewers, each with their own style. Depending who you interview with, it can go very smoothly or it can be very challenging. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Are you ready, willing and able to work extra hours, if necessary?   1 Answer

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied through a posting at my school followed by one phone interview to screen technical knowledge followed by a Superday with 5 interviews at the office in New York.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's value?
      Between a retail clothing company and a car parts supplier who would be more sensitive to inventory turn risk?
      Describe a time you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Buy Side Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online to a few different intern positions. Received an email saying I had a phone interview in two days. Had a 30 minute phone call with a younger guy that was conversational with a few technical questions.

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pretty standard; was contacted by recruiter. Had phone screen with hiring manager (tough, but passed). Had 4 1-on-1 interviews back to back in person. Response came back same day. IMO the hiring manager asked specific Salesforce questions, like a test, as opposed to asking questions to elicit insight into the candidate's thought process and level of understanding what's required to work in Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a process builder you have designed.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between process builder and workflow?   1 Answer
    • What will you bring to Lazard? What's your "value add"?   Answer Question
    • What are your top 5 favorite AppExchange applications?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle multiple stakeholders' requests?   Answer Question

Lazard Sales & Marketing Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the NY office. The interview was four 30 minute, 2 on 1 interviews consisting of behavioral questions and a few markets questions. Everyone was quite friendly and no interviews tried to ask confusing or difficult questions.

Helpdesk Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview consisted of a 20-minute phone call from an IT manager, who started off telling me about the company and the position. Then, he asked me about my technical experience and my resume. The questions were rather typical and pertained to desktop support topics. There were times when I could sense the interviewer seemed annoyed with me, though I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• How would you use remote desktop to support a customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in January 2017.

Interview

I applied as a software engineer intern but some how through the process the role was changed to an IT intern role. I thought the whole process was a bit disorganized in that HR wasn't clear on what was needed or the interview process.

For the interview itself, the interview was done through their online video software, no onsites. Questions asked didn't really test programming skills I thought that were needed for the caliber to be a software engineer. See interview questions below.

The interview process was 2 parts. First with manager. Second with another manager and the team lead. Questions were repeated from the first to second interview. One of the interviewers was very happy that his team was still employed and that they had free coffee which seemed like a red flag to me. It seems that the company puts tech on the lower end of their business needs. There were no coding or programming questions. Only HR and simple computer concept questions.

Also I had to email HR to ask what their decision was. Overall I would not apply here if you are a software engineer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.