MHR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MHR Interview Questions

Interviews at MHR

2.5

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

First phone interview, second interview in person with HR and line manager, final interview with CEO and Director of the department. Final interview formal, at Ruddington Hall and had to give a presentation. All went fine and they asked when I could start and what salary I was looking for (I was well within their range).

Then nothing.

They ghosted me, and just readvertised the position with a new agency. Didn't let me know, didn't call or take my calls, didn't respond to my polite emails asking if there is any movement. For an HR company, this is incredibly rude and inappropriate IMHO.

Two afternoons off work and 50 quid on taxis wasted on a firm that doesn't even bother to tell you you were unsuccessful. Very disappointing performance on their part.

Interview Questions

• Had to give a presentation on a likely complex task the role would undertake.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response for over 9 (nine) weeks. Poor feedback and somewhat unprofessionally delivered too.

How many times do candidates encounter recruiters whose experience (which you can check on LinkedIn) prove to be so narrow that they go for safe options, seemingly not considering the strength that comes from challenging experiences from a different sector?

Why do those ultimately accountable for talent acquisition and organisational capability employ people who clearly don't possess the courage or the capability to diversify their candidate pool?

Recruitment Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

Had a chat initially with the recruitment manager at the time, who tried to sell the role quite heavily to me. Ultimately we couldn't decide on a salary.

As a recruiter and HR professional and as a customer your customer service is terrible, the recruitment software aged, very public sector orientated, and it just doesn't do what it needs to do

The recruitment manager was replaced then replaced again, then he left.........

Interview Questions

MHR Response

18 Dec 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review regarding an interview for a Recruitment Business Partner. However, I am slightly at a loss as we haven’t carried out any interviews for this position for at least 10 months. But as you have taken the time to post a review, I would like to respond to your comments. In relation to the software in the last 12 months we have implemented People First, which I am sure is not the software you used to apply, if you had, then I am sure you would have a different view and experience. In terms of the service I would welcome a discussion on this to gain a better understanding of the issues you faced, please do contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can further improve our recruitment processes.

Not Stated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruddington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR (Ruddington, England (UK)).

Interview

Attended for interview but did not receive the courtesy of any follow up communication whatsoever. This would be poor for any company but is absolutely inexcusable for an HR company.
    Traditional interview which included significant focus on the involvement of the owner. The environment is very old fashioned and although I fully support maintaining professional standards, even I found the upholding of antiquated traditions (as highlighted in numerous reviews) out of touch in today's age.
    My overriding impression was of a 'them and us' culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

MHR Response

12 Sep 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview.

We are proud of our heritage and the fact that it is a family owned and run business which does not depend upon external investment. Don’t let the perceived ‘old-fashioned’ view deceive you, we are a very ambitious company and committed to a long-term future which is backed up with significant investment in research and development – which can be seen through our state-of-the-art Engineering & Data Centre. This combined with the close involvement of the Executive only further supports our strong desire to continue to grow and succeed as a global business.

Due to the lack of any significant information contained in your review it is very difficult for me to comment on your experience in full. However, I can confirm that our in house recruitment team always provide feedback on interviews where it is requested as we believe it is invaluable to all involved. If you would be so kind as to contact either myself or the recruitment team directly (if you no longer have the details provided to you as part of the interview invitation, please telephone our main switchboard and ask for me personally) then we will be happy to go through the interview with you in detail and provide feedback.

We wish you well for your continued search for a suitable role within the industry

Jeanette Wheeler – Head of HR

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MHR (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR Phone, face to face directors. Really awful attitude, talked down to as though you are a child. Turned down going any further, if that is how they treat you in an interview then imagine the wider company culture.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Friendly Security and HR representative was amazing, from introduction at interview to the end, communicating brilliantly and providing great feedback.

Hiring manager, during interview no warmth, very little smiles, only interested in a fluent answering of questions set out in a criteria to demonstrate suitability. Not interested in my background or how I can provide additional qualities to the role applied for.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MHR (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was positive and was left with the impression that the job was in the bag, but this is not a company that employs people over 50. Was given the excuse that the pace might be too fast for me

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an interview and a few tests, followed by an Interview with the Head of the Department, it wasn't too long of a process and I got contacted very quickly.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was split into three. An hour interview with the Services Director and HRD, then an hour with the CEO & CFO and then a hour with the Chairman. This made good use of time and I could see it gave MHR three separate views of my capabilities. I was informed with in two days I had been short listed and was invited back to a panel interview (Chairman, Vice Chair, Non-Execs, CEO, CTO, CFO) to present my 90 plan for 15 minutes and then have the panel ask a range of questions. I felt it was a fair challenging test for the role I was interviewing for. I appreciate the time invested by the board and it helped me to understand the culture and dynamics of MHR.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relocation and the effect on my family, how would I manage it, what concerns did I have.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MHR (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with agency, which would have progressed to further face to face interviews with the company. Unfortunately it didn’t progress any further because what I saw on Glassdoor was enormously concerning and made me feel like I would be waking into a painful mistake.

Interview Questions

• Having produced the agency with a list of negative reviews from the last twelve months, I asked them to give me their feedback and thoughts on it and why the number is so high (about a dozen).   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.