Mainframe Studios Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mainframe Studios

Mainframe Studios

Application

I interviewed at Mainframe Studios

Interview

The interview was relaxed and good. Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and chat with the recruiter. They were clear in what they were looking for and what kind of issues you would face. I felt that they were being super clear about everything and supportive at the same time.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an overview of your career.
    Answer Question

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview which in reality was more like a 2-way conversation. The interviewer shared details of the project (scope, duration, expectations etc.), and I was given plenty of opportunity to ask questions to assess if the role was right for me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about helping out on tasks that are outside your strengths/area of interest?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2021

Interview

They discussed what kind of work I would be doing and if I was comfortable with it. Very friendly and casual. There was a couple of people in the interview so there was never silence during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios

Interview

I was contacted by HR, and then had video interviews. They were pretty standard interviews. The people I spoke with were super nice and easy to talk to. I was actually interviewed by two different teams, and they had different approaches to it, but both went well and I felt comfortable talking with everyone.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what style of animation I enjoy most.

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios in Nov 2020

Interview

Before my interview I was given a storyboard test that had to be done in only 48 hours. They didnt give me any references at all so I had to do all my own research and they didnt pay me either. So most of my interview they were just going over my test about the strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions
  • whats your background? how will you past experience help you in this field

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2020

Interview

The whole process was very quick, took about a week from application to interview to job offer. The recruiter and interviewers were kind and helpful. They seem excited to build a team willing to learn with them and the production.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in May 2020

Interview

Very friendly, super comfortable talk about the approach I took when modeling the pieces of my reel and skill set. What software I used and the challenges on it, nothing out of the usual modeling interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Mar 2020

Interview

I got the opportunity to talk with the team I would join. There are 4 interviewers. However, They didn't ask anything about me and didn't lead the time like audience so It was really hard time to keep talking with them. I just thought that they are not interested in about me and my skills.

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Guadalajara, Jalisco) in Mar 2018

Interview

I didn't really do a 1 on 1 interview because there were some tech problems, so they just sent me the questions and I replied with the answers which was unusual but actually pretty cool for me because I had the time to think them through and prepare them.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Can you walk me through your previous experience and how it relates to the position you’ve applied for? 2. Why do you want to work at Rainmaker? *Talk about company background* 3. The production the successful candidate will work in is ---. This production mainly works on ---. Are you still interested? 4. What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in the future? 5. What are your salary expectations? *Probe to get an exact number or range* 6. If offered the position when’s the earliest you can start? 7. Are you legally able to work in Canada? 8. What is your availability like for in person interviews? What day/time works best for you?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2017

Interview

You apply online. They call you first, do a short interview on the phone and then if you pass you go and to the interview with the person in charge of the department.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience
  • What are your career goals? and department of interested.
  • Share one situation where you were upset about something at work. How did you deal with it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews