Man Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 69 of over 69 interviews

Recruiter24%
Recruitment Agency14%
HardAverageEasy

Man Group

Application

I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Telephone interview with the initial recruiter Followed a virtual interview with the manager Followed by another 2 virtual interviews with different managers of the same dept Finally one final informal chat to complete the process

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your previous experience What can you bring to this role? Are you able to work under pressure
    Answer Question

Man Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Applied to the job, then received an email from a recruiter about a week later to schedule an initial phone call. The recruiter was very professional and attentive throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my job experience and what I am looking for after I graduate.

Man Group

Application

I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Good. Interviewer made me feel comfortable as she was quite chatty. We had a common interest as well which was really good. In the end she asked if I had any questions for her and we ended up speaking for quite some time about that.

Interview Questions
  • Asked questions as to why I chose my degree subject, why I'm interested in the buy-side, and how I would deal with a difficult co-worker.

Man Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Man Group in Oct 2021

Interview

Initial stage interview was a take home exercise with two questions. The first was a Python or Java probability problem to solve (you could choose which language you implemented your solution in). The second was a SQL-like problem - given a table, how would you get A? Overall, the process was good, recruitment was prompt with replies, and the questions were good with flexibility on time given to complete the exercise. However, the downside was I felt that the interviewer wasn't very good. Their communication skills were lacking to fully articulate the questions they were asking, they came off aggressive and arrogant, and many of the questions weren't specifically related to the task at hand, and felt more like "gotcha" questions, especially for the experience level asked. There was one moment were it felt like the questions themselves were read from a sheet making references to issues which might exist in a Python solution, but wouldn't in Java. I'd apply again, as not all processes and interviewers are the same, but I think the initial talk could be better. Both in terms of questions, and how it's conducted. It was done via telephone, so the line was breaking, unclear and felt impersonal in contrast to other interviews I had done at the time over Zoom, Teams, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Write a SQL query to get a list of items from two tables (one-to-many) given a set of constraints. Q. Write a function which returns an integer value from a provided probability space with pre-defined probability values.
2 people found this interview helpful

Man Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Three stages interview process. Online, telephone and other stages with department. First one was telephone interview, then had interview in person. Passed the telephone interview without effort but the difficulty stages was in person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Man Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Initial call with recruiter describing the role and the process, and confirming that you're still interested in the role. Take home homework to create a small random number generator based on probabilities, and to write an SQL query selecting data from given tables. 30 minute call going over the homework with another software engineer. This call was mostly me talking over my solution, and the interviewer asking about edge cases and other questions about general concepts. 90 minute pair programming session where you are given requirements and have to create a small program from scratch. 60 minute technical interview with 2 other senior engineers. Surprisingly a lot of this interview was testing Linux knowledge, and regular expressions. Also very focused on advanced Java topics like garbage collection and memory management. Received a call from the recruiter going over feedback despite not being successful in the interview, which was appreciated. Overall the interview (especially the final 1 hour technical session) was a lot more difficult than anticipated, and it's clear they are looking to hire very experienced and/or expert level engineers who already have a very strong understanding of relevant technologies.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between float and double Java garbage collection Time complexity of BFS/DFS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England)

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First two with senior researchers, the last one consisted of three interviews with two new and one senior researchers. Really enjoyed the interview process. Nice people, fair questions.

Interview Questions
  • Straightforward question, most of the are meaningful, though there were a few standard "textbook" question. I admitted that I was familiar with those question, which did NOT bring me any "trust points", i.e. I was assumed to just give detailed answers...

Man Group

Application

I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Tough but fair and covered the range of skills. Interviewer was well researched and was able to drill into my skill set. She was friendly and went out of her way to put me at ease

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us about a difficult conversation you have had as a manager

Man Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Man Group

Interview

Online application first and then a phone call with recruiter, followed by a video interview - nice process in comparison with other companies and was kept in the loop of all decisions etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Man Group

Application

I interviewed at Man Group in Jul 2021

Interview

- Take home task - Pair programming - Algorithm and low-level Python questions Overall the interviewers were quite nice, except one of them who was checking her phone all the time which was discouraging.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 Interviews