Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Oct 2018
1,366 Interview Reviews

2.6

Outlet Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Provo, UT (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

simple to the point, but done well. proffesional attitude and ability to articulate your thoughts and past situations is very important to expidite questioning process with interviewer. however don't ramble, but give any important details

Interview Questions

• give an exampld of how tou handled a difficult situation   7 Answers

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marriott International (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager. In another position as a contractor I was pre-screened in 15 to 20 minute phone interview by an outside staffing company (Marriott corporate policy). Basic inquiries into former work experience and reasons for applying.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite aspect of the job as a Contracts Manager?   Answer Question

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Interview with the executive chef
    Interview with HR and hotel manager
    I had to do a drug test at the place in HR, they swab your mouth and send it off. Than got a email saying congratulations and a phone call the next day.

Interview Questions

• What to you hope to learn here? How long are you planning to work here? Why are you leaving your last company   1 Answer

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Tucson, AZ (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, little room, a scribe, a hiring manager, sat me down, asked about 15 questions, connected with them, asked questions to them, done. called back 2 weeks later and asked if I wanted to accept the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my attitude towards a problem at home while I was at work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, accepted then I scheduled my drug test, and done.

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Palm Desert, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, got a call, and scheduled an interview within that week. The interview was professional and taken in a small office. They never called back, so I had to follow up a few times. They answered the same both times "We're still deciding, we'll give you a call once our decision is reached." I waited, and one day later I got a generic eMail saying I didn't get the job. Super unpersonable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a last minute situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was long and frustrating at times. A lot of steps and waiting, but worth the wait. I had several interviews and I was a transfer within the company but not the hotel. My networking did the most for me.Who I knew at the new hotel and who they knew got me the job.

Associate Interview

Interview

1st round - Phone call with behavioral questions (took about 30 minutes overall)

2nd round - Skype session/went to HQ for in person interview

Specifically looking for STAR format answers and asked follow-up questions afterwards

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been frustrated with a customer or coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you made a suggestion to make something work better.   Answer Question

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Orlando, FL (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

First step was filling out an online application. I got a call 1-2 weeks later for an in-person interview a few days later. Dept. supervisor and a manager were at that one. The interview itself was fairly standard, mostly focusing on how I handled different work situations. After the interview, I had a second in-person interview with the same supervisor and the HR director. That was mostly talking about salary and benefits. Got a job offer over the phone a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation stage was fairly short- I regret not asking for a little more. Didn't get a salary amount out of them until they made a job offer.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Newport Beach, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Was called in for an interview and met with the Front Desk Manager and the Operations manager. They liked my qualifications and were ok with the fact that I did not have any previous hotel experience. The same day they called me back and requested that I do another interview with the PM and MId Shift Supervisors. I was then offered the job.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marriott International (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked your basic questions. Interview was sweet and short. Not really necessary to do any background research about the place but helpful if you want to impress. The whole interview took about 15-20. They were more interested in hiring someone quickly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.