Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Apr 2018
1,279 Interview Reviews

2.6

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online the next day I had a quick phone interview and today I was invited to the interview at the hotel. The interview was super easy with basic questions. Before you go in for and interview just think one more time why do you want to work for this company and what skills do you have for the position (think of examples from your past work experience) and you should be fine. I think you will do great at your interview. Good luck!
    P.S I’ve been working for Marriott before. Great company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this specific hotel?   6 Answers

At Your Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2018.

Interview

A brief one on one interview with the hiring manager at the hotel. We talked through a few standard interview questions and discussed the trajectory of the career. It was very quick.

Brand Talent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (Bethesda, MD (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Connected with two recruiters for this position and unfortunately did not have a good experience. First recruiter gave me incorrect information and second recruiter was downright mean. I initially traded several emails with both recruiters - one responded in incomplete sentances. Set up a time to speak with the other and she had a very abrasive attitude. The position aligned exactly with my experience from a similar company so I'm disappointed that I had such a bad experience with recruiters. Would have thought that a 100% match on skills would have at least landed me a conversation with the hiring manager. If Marriott is looking for talent outside the company, the recruiters are doing a good job turning people off. Culture seems unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• None. They should have asked some and taken a moment to clarify skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International in April 2018.

Interview

STAR interview questions, based on prior experience and why I'd be a good fit for job. Discussed next steps after interview. Interview was 30 minutes and on the phone. One HR interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you over committed yourself or a teammate.   Answer Question

Red Coat Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Fairly conversational, but with a detailed "what would you do in this scenario" quiz to see how you'd react in various customer service situations. I don't know what else to say. It was a straightforward type of interview, but perhaps longer than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• They asked a variety of "what would you do if" scenarios.   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

I have worked with Marriott for over 5 years now - full time. The interview process is very structured and liked by many but can feel very redundant. It is a STAR process where the interviewer asks you to think of an actual example/story and share the S-situation or T-task, A-action that was taken and the R-result of it. They will ask you 6-8 of these Star questions so best way to prepare is think of some great actual examples you have had in any current employment or training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change the way you were working with someone because they weren't receptive to you.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Screening interview conducted prior to first interview with hiring leader. Process was fairly formal. Specific questions were behavioral/scenario-based and probed on my past experiences. I was asked to highlight the specific actions I took and the result(s) in my response. There were no case questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a customer-centric strategy that you developed and launched which drove significant business results?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Hiring process is normal. Received a email for a video interview then a call from director after the interview. Then reference checks and after that I waited for the written contract.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International in March 2018.

Interview

I first filled out an application online. 3 months later I received a call and had an interview that lasted 30 minutes. They first did a skype interview where they asked me about myself then went on to ask me STAR questions which are specific examples of a situation.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princess Anne, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott International (Princess Anne, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Marriott International visited my school Campus and were recruiting students for Summer Internships. I applied and was extended an offer to interview with them the following day. I interviewed last week Thursday and received a call from them on Tuesday of this week to talk about Locations. I’ll be interning at the JW in Tuscon, AZ in the Food and Beverage Department. Looking forward to being immersed in their culture and becoming a Marriott employee for life.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.