Marriott International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Marriott International

1,646 Interview Reviews

2.6

Voyage Program Interview

Interview

The voyage program has an extensive interview process, but it is worth it considering the work that you will be doing. You are interviewing for a front line position and therefore need to fit a few more requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

The phone interview lasted 30 minutes, with lots of behavioral questions. The interviewer was super nice and demonstrated a genuine interest in my answers; although I never heard back regarding the status of my application.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Super easy basic questions. Mostly behavioral. They ask about your background and why you wanna do that job. It was less than 30 minutes and I heard back within the week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay organized   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Behavioral interview style questions. Focused on the job description that was posted. Questions were looking for a result of a situation. Questions were fair and expected and the interview was short.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were faced with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Voyage Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The interview process was one in person, one personality assessment, one recorded interview, and one Skype interview (4 altogether). The communication was extremely poor with the recruiter. Very unresponsive and told me they'd get back to me one week after my last interview. Two and 1/2 weeks later they responded telling me I didn't get it. Message was very automated and they never specified location, pay, or when the start date would be in any of the interviews. Overall disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Completed the online application which took about 30-45 minutes. That included a very extensive multiple choice behavioral assessment that was not very clear. I was sent an email less than 10-minutes after completing the application stating that I was not selected. I honestly don't believe that the assessment answers cold have been the factor of being rejected before anyone even reviewed my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Which statement better describes you? *Cue ridiculous-never-used in the workplace statements   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

2 interviews before job offer one with front office manager then move on to interview with GM. Low pay for what is expected but great way to get in the door

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Voyage Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

Interview with recruiter followed by an online self-recorded interview and finally a 2-day event that everyone still in the running is invited to culminating in an in-person interview with 1-3 Marriott managers/employees from around the country.

Interview Questions

• They ask STAR questions - Situation, Task, Action, Result. These are situational questions starting with "Tell me about a time when..." that you have to answer with a specific example following the STAR narrative outline. Common questions: Tell me about a time when...you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with; you had work under time pressure; you had to coach someone after they performed poorly.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Asked me about my interests and tried their best to find it. Tried their best to find a perfect position to my liking and shared about the potential careers of working there.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott International.

Interview

The interview was done in in where you explain a situation in where you explain a problem, how you handled the problem, and the positive results based on your actions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you helped a coworker even though they didn't ask for help   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.