Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2017

1.8

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team in a panel interview at the beautiful Mary Kay corporate building in Dallas, TX. My overall impression was that they would be a great group to work with but they were more interested in a person that was 100% scrum and my background was a composure of waterfall and scrum mixed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a team member that was not making progress on your project   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with multiple people. It lasted several hours and I interviewed with about 6 different individuals at different times, followed by a group interview with them.

Following the interview, the recruiter called me and left a voicemail to contact them. After 24 hours they called again only to tell me they went with someone else after it came down to another candidate and myself. I was just shocked they would use this language and do this. Typically a company only calls when they are offering a job, not to open the sentence with "it came down between you and someone else. We are going with them." Absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.

Independent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Charlestown, MA (US)).

Interview

It wasn't an interview as much as it was someone explaining the business to me. I met with the consultant who sold my my Mary Kay at the time, along with her Unit Manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to set your own ours around your family's needs?   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2016.

Interview

I was told about this job by a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. There was a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring attorney about two weeks later. I was then asked to come interview in person at corporate headquarters. I faced approximately 12 or 13 different attorneys over a full 8+ hour day, with an offsite lunch attended by 2 attorneys plus the hiring attorney. The questions I were asked were primarily to gauge fit with their corporate principles, although I did face a few knowledge-based questions that were just to see what my background was. Everyone was very pleasant, and I was told of the results of the interview within a week or so. I do get the impression they are not easily satisfied by candidates and may have set the bar too high, as the job remains open as of the date of this submission, over six months later.

Interview Questions

• What profession would you have chosen had you not become an attorney?   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

I spoke to the Director about the company and what it has to offer. We discussed what I was looking for and how Mary Kay would fit into my life and fulfill my goals and dreams. The interview was in person and was a two way question and answer session.

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The interviewing process is very slow. I applied in August of 2014, didn't get called for an interview until the end of February 2015. From the first group interview to the second one-on-one interview I heard nothing for three weeks. I actually thought I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict I had in my role as EHS Mgr. In my previous job.   1 Answer

AV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Not a bad interview process at all. Interviewers were super friendly. I got a phone call initially and scheduled an interview for a week later. Met with the HR person first and afterwards 2 people from the AV department. They made the interview process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What academics or professional experience has prepared you for the job?   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mastic Beach, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Mastic Beach, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Informative and easy. I met with the recruiter spoke with her over the phone and then I spoke with her sales director and told her little bit about myself and my history and I signed up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the product? What would you like to know about the company. What are your goals. How much money would you like to make. Do you think you would enjoy working with money having parties having a good time working?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview take place in phone call because I live in different state. HR recruiter contacted me through email asking me for available phone interview. We had first phone interview in 3 days later. The HR recruiter was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. This interview is more of personal, background experience, and relocation. The next few days after first interview, HR contacted me again that the supervisor of that position wanted to have a second interview with me in next week. The round 2 interview is questioning about my skills and work experience relate to position I applied for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy and lengthy interview.
    Mostly hr questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, why this company etc.
    There were few sql and statistical (probability etc) questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.