Merck KGaA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Rockland, MA (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you think that makes you suited for this position   1 Answer
    • Is there something that you regret?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Madison, WI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, basically just described this position and asked a few questions about yourself. Also your estimated salaries. They asked if there is any questions for them also. why you think this job can help your career path.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you received a negative feedback.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview and hiring process

Director Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

HR screen, VP phone interview, 2 phone interviews with other strategy directors - None of the interviewers bothers to close the loop or respond for any feedback - poor disorganized unprofessional process!

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions : tell me a situation when ...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very tiring. They asked me to prepare a ppt on the spot and present it. Two rounds of Interview. First was 1:1 and second was presentation round. I was given around 40 mins to prepare ppt and the material was given by them.

Interview Questions

• Grads, why should we hire you, strengths and weakness, failures of life and how I dealt with them, why you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Follow up rigidly for the joining and offer letter

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

The interview was a complete disaster. This company and their HR department is incredibly sloppy. I did not receive the Interview Agenda until the Day BEFORE the interview after constantly asking to get it. The interview itself was run incredibly sloppily. The interview was 4 hours and it could have been done in 2. The first set of employees were not only late but also forgot they had an interview that day so they were completely unprepared. The duration of the interview consisted of us just sitting there waiting for the time to end because the employees were done asking there questions so they would have to wait like 30 min before the next scheduled employees came in to interview me. NONE of them were organized. I just want to let everyone know that this company shows a complete disregard for a candidates time and willingly wastes their time. I find the company doesn’t maintain a level of respect for a candidate and expects the candidate to be happy with just sitting around for FOUR hours during an interview when it could have been done in half that time. I literally took off of work for the interview and I regret losing money because this interview was ran so messily.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a difficult time with a co worker and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Commercial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

Internal process; with manager and her manager. The process took around 2 weeks.
    Applied with an email - motivation letter and CV. First I spoke to the manager and then to the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Very predictable interview full of typical questions about strengths, weakness or hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website for this post and later, I saw the same post advertised by recruiter and I applied again. The recruiter contacted me for few extra details and put my application forward. My Merck website application was turned down, and the recruiter moved forward (which made me disbelieve to apply directly to them now). I get an email for the phone interview for Friday, and I replied I could do on Monday, and it was set for Monday.On Monday the RH recruiter told me that the post was offered and she was not sure why my interview was still on. It was very disappointing and I wasted my time and I should not consider t apply for any position with them.

Interview Questions

• there was no interview, it was a chat and the recruiter told me she could send my cv to other opening positions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for a direct on site interview in 2-3 months. The interviewer was very friendly and experienced. She was part of the team I joined later on. We basically had a very nice talk. First the company was presented and the position. Then we talked about my experience so far. No tricky questions. Then a week later I was asked to conduct a phone interview with the manager who wanted to find out if I would be a god fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• What are the three things you would like to improve about you and your skills?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Darmstadt (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted in English and partially in German. Very smooth and transparent process. They asked questions regarding previous experiences and personal interests. Explained the tasks related to the position very cleary. Showed me around the company campus. Got the offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about controlling and some questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.