Mercuria Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercuria Energy

Mercuria Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy in Nov 2020

Interview

Total four rounds of interview. Each round will meet a professional in their quant team. Will ask any questions related with your resume and might ask some case study questions.

Interview Questions
  • Case study with energy related question.
    Answer Question

Mercuria Energy

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy

Interview

The interview process was very detailed - but easy going and casual. I was asked specific questions about my credentials. Mercuria definitely asked questions which would give them an idea on whether or not I would be a good people and culture fit. Post interview communication was prompt and they were very transparent and forthcoming on the next steps. HR was also definitely very open and welcoming to any questions I had. The COO and Global Head of Financial Operations along with other team members and management were very engaged during the interview and their questions focused mainly on how my skill set would be a good fit for the various positions at Mercuria. Unfortunately; I could not accept the position due to circumstances outside of the job or the company itself. My takeaway from Mercuria was that the organization is composed of genuinely good people who are just trying to put a good team together. I would encourage well-qualified candidates to apply at Mercuria.

Interview Questions
  • Specific questions related to your credentials as they pertain to the position that you are applying for.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, Geneva

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy (Geneva, Geneva) in Oct 2018

Interview

The process was fast. I had to go to their office in Geneva and I stayed about an hour or two. First it was the technical interview then the HR. Because I applied for another role they also contacted the guy from the other departement. From my experience, the older the interviewer, the nicer he is

Interview Questions
  • Assume you can predict the future return of a stock based on the price earning ratio, you test the model on every company of the market over the last 20 years. You see that on average it works and you conclude that you should use the model. What is the mistake you are making by doing so ?

Mercuria Energy

Application

I interviewed at Mercuria Energy

Interview

The interview was short. This was for an apprenticeship program dubbed as internship. They knew what they were getting with my resume. They didn't ask me any behavioural interview questions. Most of the questions were about my past work experiences

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy (London, England, England) in Mar 2017

Interview

5 rounds, 3 techical, 1 with HR and 1 with the CTO. I had 2 rounds with the future team (1 Java, 1 C#, but given this was for a Java role, the C# guys were asking more general programming questions). The CTO asked 1 computer science logical puzzle and talked about his vision. The HR interview was the usual, why I was leaving and what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
  • How to decide if a singly linked list has a loop with a constant memory algorithm?
  • Describe the architecture of the system you're working on. Then they had questions about the system's behaviour in different outage scenarios.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy (London, England, England) in Sep 2016

Interview

I described my last projects. They asked a lot of questions about details of the business iside of them. I draw a diagram with main components of the system I worked with. They also asked about my main contributions to the projects and why do I want to join their company.

Interview Questions
  • The gave a task about writing a programm wich looking up a top 10 customers who are close to a city center by having just addresses.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy (Singapore) in May 2016

Interview

Three round interview process with hiring manager, middle management, senior management and followed by a team review with the incumbent employees. I believe the interview process has changed in the recent times where there might be around seven interview rounds with various stakeholders who would be interacting with the candidate at different levels.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mercuria Energy

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy

Interview

Mostly behavioural questions, for 30 mins

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercuria Energy (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2011

Interview

Interview was a full day meeting with everyone in the office (~ 20 people). The interview process was very casual and was more of a conversation rather than behavoral questions. I also went out to lunch with one of the individuals

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed