Metaswitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Metaswitch Interview Questions

Interviews at Metaswitch

3.6

CSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online testing followed by a phone interview and ending with a given presentation, more aptitude testing, and several interviews.

What was negative about the experience was the lack of communication and follow through. "We will make a decision at the end of the week," turns into a three week descion with zero communication. I had to track down the in-house recruiter after they would miss their own reset deadlines over and over again. I was hoping they were professional and maybe they are but just not to me on this one.

Interview Questions

Metaswitch Response

19 Jun 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I’m sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience when interviewing with us and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. We always strive to keep candidates up to date with their applications, but it is clear that in this instance we did not meet your expectations. Thanks again, apologies and best of luck for the future. Danielle - HR

Director of Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch.

Interview

Initial interview was great and I was given a date/ time for second interview with VP of sales. Two weeks has passed on that date and I didn't hear from them and didn't receive a follow up email although I sent one which reflects immaturity in handling the hiring process.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was grueling. They required a mock sales presentation in front of a panel as well as a cognitive test to measure your intelligence. It was not an experience I would like to repeat.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my time at their competitor.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metaswitch in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter about a sales management position. After a brief overview by the recruiter, set up a phone call with the next level sales VP. Interview took 30-40 minutes over the phone. Received follow up via email.

Interview Questions

• Request for detailed list of contacts at various customers.   1 Answer

CSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Metaswitch (Reston, VA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

The most grueling interview process in which i've ever participated. BE PREPARED!!

1. Phone interview
    2. In person interview #1 in Reston, VA - includes IQ test (yes IQ test) which they don't give you enough time to properly finish (this is intentional), one-on-one technical interviews, and then you have to deliver a presentation on a pre-selected topic. They are testing how you handle a presentation where your audience knows more than you do.
    2. In-person interview #2 in London, UK - includes several one-on-one interviews and you again have to do a presentation for which you have very little time to prepare, and on a topic which your audience will know more than you do. This presentation can be a bit daunting as you are presenting to senior management and executives.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch.

Interview

It used to be tougher. I actually was proud to have made it through. We used to brag to customers that it was VERY tough to get hired. Then there was an era under the former CEO where it was easier - a lot easier. Now, with the direction of the company it shouldn't be too hard. I am sure they still administer a logic test and ask for a "presentation" from sales people

Interview Questions

• The logic test is from the 90's. It is timed and it not easy. Don't worry - the former VP of sales says he scored the highest ever (go figure)   1 Answer

General Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metaswitch in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process places high value on academic and cognitive excellence. Metaswitch is in a high technical content networking market segment and needs smart energetic people working for them. A thorough vetting process including an aptitude test. Be prepared to think and do your homework on their product line and market segments. Challenging but you should expect such.

Interview Questions

• General aptitude questions - nothing unfair   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metaswitch (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a series of interviews and aptitude tests.
    The tests were typical logic and math tests to discover if you're gifted, average or below average. No preparation for these tests was needed.
    The interviews involved visits two of their offices in the US or UK. Both involved a presentation. Beforehand I was given a list of topics to choose from and resources like manuals I could use. At the interview I presented to 2 or 3 people at a time. Presentation was typical, you talk about the topic and then do some Q & A with the audience. There were several one on one interviews with various managers after the presentation.
    It was a lot of work with the planning for presentations.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about messengers in ancient times delivering stone tablets with messages to other parties.   1 Answer

Installation Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metaswitch (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with your possible immediate supervisor and department supervisor, major focus on understanding company culture (lean manufacturing and teamwork are high priorities here). In person interview which will involve meeting many members of the team. 3-5 hour long IQ and basic arithmetic examination. Hands on test of working with equipment. Know how to use power tools, work safely with electronics, bring a notebook.

Interview Questions

• Endurance for a long day of interviewing is key. This company is very focused on company culture and teamwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick for my position, too many other applicants to be too choosy on benefits.

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Numerical Test, a Technical Test and then an Interview. In the interview, you were asked where do you see yourself in 10 years time and also what interests yourself about the job

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.