Microchip Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Microchip Technology

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Had an Intial interview and 2 Technical Interviews. The technical round was for 2 hours and covered C, C++ , python and a bit of programming questions. Overall it was a good experience

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

The experience was good more questions from the technical side and fewer behavioral questions. First-round was with the manager and rest three with team members. Interviewers were very kind except one.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to bit manipulation, basic python, few questions on C++, and 3 coding questions.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2020.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. They called on the exact time as scheduled. The interviewer made me comfortable by describing the role and job location. The interview was tricky and in-depth questions were asked on basics. They gave feedback on the same day. Unfortunately I did not perform well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between the latch and flip flop, where is latch used, Should it be used, how will you prove that the fabricated chip has setup time issues, temperature effect on setup time hold time and clock   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2020.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by 6 hours of on-site interview. The questions were not very hard, mainly based on resume. Overall process took almost 3 weeks. Almost 7 people took the interview one-by-one, including lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you have conflict in your team?
      What is a buck boost?
      General programming questions (C++, python).   Answer Question

Production Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Beverly, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position on LinkedIn where the description listed it as a "Full-Time" Position.
    A representative called me the next day asking for availability to do an on site interview. I asked if it would be possible to start with a phone interview to learn more about the position as my current job has limited days off and the location was far from home.
    They agreed, and set up a 30 min interview for the Friday of that week at 12:00pm.

In preparing for the interview, I looked up the job description on their website and noticed it was listed as "Temporary." I emailed the rep to clarify what type of position it would be. They replied letting me know they were not sure and that I could ask during my interview with the Hiring Manager.

At 11:45am, the day of my interview, the rep emailed me requesting to postpone the meeting to the same time the following Monday, as the Hiring Manager needed to take care of unexpected issues. I agreed and then the rep re-updated the time to 12:30pm.

At this point I was a bit annoyed with all the changes and still had not received clarification on the position employment type. I replied asking the rep to touch base with the Hiring Manager, explaining the conflicting listings, and expressing that I was only interested in Full Time positions.

The rep said they forwarded my inquiry to the HM and HR dept.
    I never received any response from Rep / HM / or HR and on Monday at 12:30, no one from MicroChip Tech called me.

I made no effort to reach out to them again.

Corporate Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Process started with a one hour phone screening with the hiring manager.
    I would say it was medium difficulty, with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

I was then brought onsite for an interview.
    The interview lasted for about 6 hours with a rotating panel of different interviewers.
    It also included a lunch, where I was interviewed during the lunch.

After my interview, I heard no response for about 2 weeks, and assumed there was not going to be an offer.

My thoughts following the interview:

In general, I don't understand why any engineer would work here.
    This was the most difficult interview I've had, and it seemed completely unnecessary.
    The interviewers' questions, for the most part, repeated themselves over and over.
    I feel that an understanding of my skill set could have been achieved with a 2 or 3 hour interview.
    Furthermore, I was interviewed over lunch by two engineers, which was unnecessary and felt unnatural.

Perhaps if you are interviewing for a job at a top-tier company this would make more sense,
    but from what I gathered during the interview, this was a pretty mediocre company.
    Their products are well known in embedded software circles, but the company itself seemed to not take care of its employees.
    Typically the headquarters office attempts to show off the company, but at Microchip it was a pretty bland setting. It seemed that the office hasn't been updated since the 90's.
    The benefits package they presented seemed average.
    From what I gather, the salary is far below average for the Phoenix area.

The interviewers were proud to say how well the company was doing financially,
    and it makes sense why - they are very frugal. I suppose this is a good thing but maybe they are too stingy.

To be fair, the job itself seemed interesting, but the cons outweighed the pros here.

After all this effort interviewing here, I still haven't received a yes or no from Microchip.
    This seemed a bit unprofessional or disorganized on their part.
    I'm not too concerned with receiving something from them, I don't think I would accept if I was given the opportunity.

Overall, it was strange to see how many high quality engineers chose to work here.
    Everyone I talked to was very friendly and helpful, while still very technically skilled.
    However, I couldn't understand what they were getting out of working at Microchip.
    The benefits are average, the office is old, and the pay is horrible.
    If you go down the road a few blocks you can work at a number of other company and do basically the same work for far more pay and benefits.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1. 30 miniute phone interview (non-technical)
    2. Interview in person with 5 different people. 3 team members, 2 managers.
    The questions asked were fairly simple and from resume. Some technical questions were also asked based on resume.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked basic questions about Physical Design and my experience during masters and undergrad. Also asked about my masters and undergrad projects in detail on resume.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed at Microchip San Jose, The process took 6 + weeks, first I got a call from the hiring manager, the phone interview was 15 min asked about my projects. Then I got a call from HR the same day and the onsite interview was set up a day after. Onsite consisted of 6 rounds 1 with HR rest with the hiring manager and the team. They asked me basic device physics, digital logic, Verilog, FPGA related questions. Then a week after I was called for another round onsite interview. This time 2 rounds 1:1 for 2 hrs. Then 4 weeks later got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What factors you will see when an IC is exposed to the extreme heat of 125-degree celsius?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Was contacted via email after applying, set up phone interview, spoke with potential supervisor for about an hour, received interview request, went to Chandler campus for 5 hour interview, received call about a week later saying I got the job.

Background check and drug screening processed, started about a month after first contact.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of our competitors?   Answer Question
    • Between LinkedIn, Facebook, or twitter, which medium do you think Microchip uses most for digital marketing?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.