Microchip Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 May 2019

2.9

Sort:

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR (US)).

Interview

Easy to pass as long someone from inside is recommending you. IF not, I can say easy to go through, but you may fail if you don't have enough "support"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you'll get the lowest pay possible, but when you have no choice, you will accept it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Mostly the management is looking for someone to fix years of hidden problems with a magic wand. You will probably not be told what a black hole you are about to be sucked into, but many companies do this these days so it is hard to say if they are different. Advice: just say you can do whatever they ask because the odds of their being anyone working there who knows anything about what you are being interviewed for to verify your answers is slim.

Interview Questions

• My interview was almost all technical so this is hard to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is hard to say, the company is very lean and cost effective so you most likely will not have a lot of negotiating power. They seem to be pretty strict on not paying more for exceptional talent (with actual cash that is).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I had applied online for the position and was contacted directly, via email, by the hiring manager for setting up a phone interview. During the phone interview questions were asked from the following topics: legal/work authorization questions, basic C/C++ (OOP) questions and questions about my qualifications. I was also asked to rate myself on the technologies required for the job.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I got an email asking me if I am available for internship and asked for convenient dates for interview. Once I replied them, they sent me an email calling for an interview in their Chandler location.

First, I was asked a few basic questions by the HR. This was followed by an interview with a project manager.

The first round with the manager involved questions from my resume. Nothing involving technical knowledge.

The next one was a technical interview. It involved question from OOPS / JAVA / C++ and some logical puzzles.

The third round was another technical interview where I was asked to write code on whiteboard. The question was not very tough though.

I was given the offer the very next day(I got a call from HR, followed by an email with the offer letter).

Web Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview, that then broke out to a couple of individual interviews with the manager / director of the department. Then it went back to the HR person for normal interview questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Applied online through Linkedin or Indeed, Don't remember. Got Call from the manager of the team to ask generic questions and tell about the position and duration. After the first round, had 5 rounds of telephonic interview on the same day. Got confirmation 5 mins after the last round from the HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview.

Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there!

That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much.

With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Position was for an Applications Engineer. There was a telephone interview followed up with an on-site interview. The telephonic interview involved questions mainly from my resume. The telephonic interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. The interviewer decided to invite me for the on site interview on first call. The on-site interview lasted about five hours. I was asked a combination of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think are important traits of a team player?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

A phone interview with one person, followed by on-site interviews 1-on-1.

- A person from HR who discussed compensation and asked a few questions about my background and work history.

- The manager who I'd report to directly gave me technical questions to verify technical experience.

- His manager asked about my experience working in teams and with non-technical people.

- A manager from a related department went over my experience and work stories.

- A couple engineers from the department asked about my past projects, hobbies, teamwork experiences, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to work with people from different disciplines.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.