Mizuho Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Feb 2019

Sort:

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Multi Staged, interviewed with multiple HR people, and people from the actual buisness line.
    Given both a Brig-Mayer and other test to determine mental compentancy
    Refrence process is rather tedious.

Interview Questions

• Describe Mizuho Corp Bank 7 buisness lines in detail and our compeditors.   Answer Question

29 Oct 2015 – AVP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We strive for a thorough interview process that ensures hiring the most qualified candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Normal interview process: introduce yourself -> go through your resume -> ask questions. The culture there is mild, don't be too soft or too aggressive when you are asking the questions. If you can speak fluent Japanese, it definitely helps.

Interview Questions

• Why do you work in the financial industry?   1 Answer

9 May 2016 – AVP, Human Resources

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I have ever had in my career. Both the HR person and the hiring manager were very rude and cocky. They asked very tough questions unrelated to the position trying to catch me off guard. They did not have my resume in hand and did not even read my resume before seeing me. The job they described was totally not consistent with the pay. They did not seem to respect me as an interviewee. It was a total waste of my time. They forgot that I am interviewing the company just as much as they’re interviewing me. They are definitely not the type of people I want to work with. I absolutely regretted to apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• What financial services Mizuho Bank offers in the U.S.? Be specific.   Answer Question

22 Jan 2018 – Recruiting Specialist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On Campus Interview followed by Final Round. Final round consisted of about 4 interviews with various members of the team at the bank. Questions were mostly technical with very few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how depreciation flows through the financial statements.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Met three interviewers including a manager. There was no aptitude test. Interview process was very simple, and it took probably less than 90 minutes including waiting time for each interviewer. I was just going over my experiences, and each interviewer was confirming against my resume and asking some simple questions.

Interview Questions

• how well do you think you can handle under high-pitch stressful environment?
      are you a team-player? give us an example.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the University and had a phone call within a week with two interviewers. Questions from first interviewer were what do you know about Mizuho Bank? Second interviewer asked all technical questions about the three main valuation methodologies and how I would go about analyzing a firm from a credit perspective.

Heard back the following day that I earned a superday. Mizuho will only pay for your flight and not cover your travel expenses to and from the airport. During the superday, had seven interviews. Nearly all technical questions and mainly Q&A for the interviewee. Also, was asked why corporate banking? Importance of free cash-flow from a credit perspective? Asked about solvency and liquidity ratios. And of course tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Investment Banking? (Odd since it is a corporate banking position)   Answer Question

29 Oct 2015 – AVP, Human Resources

Thank your for your feedback. We take constructive criticism seriously as we are branding our campus program. We strive to make every interview worthwhile for the candidate, as well as finding the... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone call where the interviewer asked only behavioral/why do you want this job kind of questions. Second interview was a brief phone interview in which the interviewer asked easy technical questions like what are the three main financial statements. Third interview was a trip to the New York office where there were 4 interviews with analysts and associates for thirty minutes each. More difficult technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How would an increase in inventory affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question

9 May 2016 – AVP, Human Resources

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then two onsite visits. Each visit had multiple one on one interviews. Most of the interview was checking technical chops and fit within the team.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you change if your were to take this position today?   Answer Question

22 Jan 2018 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho Financial Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round phone screen, in person superday. First round was mostly behavioral, few market related questions. Superday was 3 30 minute interviews with 2 people each. Questions were split between behavioral/fit and market related.

Administrative Interview

Interview

Applied through an agency. The interview was scheduled promptly. Pleasant, friendly people who indicated that company appreciate people capable working in the the diverse cultural environment. They needed someone right away and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background fits in the position you're applying for   Answer Question

2 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.