NASA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NASA Interview Questions

Interviews at NASA

2.5

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NASA (Hampton, VA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews. The first phone interview was about me and my interests. They also asked questions regarding why I would be a good candidate and made sure I had a minimum GPA of a 3.0. The second interview was with a specific mentor and about a specific project. He then asked my interest in the project as well as experience with similar things.

Interview Questions

• What thing about yourself other than experience and grades would make you a better candidate than the other people?   5 Answers

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Transparent interview process. Straightforward approach where you're asked about education and experience that would help you succeed at the job. Multiple panel type interviews and a peer guide who will also give an opinion that HR will weigh. Phone interview will proceed in person interview. It is important to be honest and personable. Working in a collaborative environment is a required ability and will be looked for at all levels.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest failure that you've even had professionally? What was the failure? What was the result? How did you handle it? How did it make you better today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had another offer that I used as leverage. Otherwise, not much negotiation on GS pay scales.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NASA in April 2015.

Interview

I Applied online on USA jobs and got an email 3 weeks later to set a phone interview. the date and time was selected, there were panel of three people asked general questions first.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NASA?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NASA (Huntsville, AL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

it was very professional. They were very formal and straight to business. They asked me tons of questions so it is hard to remember all of them. I remember them asking the basics such as where do i see myself in 5 years and what all i knew about the company. They then asked me about my skills in programming languages.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NASA in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about two weeks asking when I would have time for an on phone interview. I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect. The interview was mainly about my skills and previous experience through clubs and class projects. She also asked me about why I wanted to work for NASA and what personal skills I had that would contribute to the project. I thought I did horrible and didn't expect to hear from them. Got an email about two weeks later telling me that I got the internship down at Kennedy Space Center. I left school in January to take it and ended up staying for the summer as well.

Interview Questions

• What Programming Languages do you know?   1 Answer
    • Do you know any scripting languages?   2 Answers
    • What has been your favorite class and why?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

it was an awesome experience I basically was at school and my professor said nasa was looking for students to interview I signed up on the sheet he gave us and signed up online and got a call a few days for the interview next thing you know I had the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interests   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA in April 2016.

Interview

USA jobs, phone interview, 3 panel interview. That was the process had to go through. The waiting to get an actual interview was the most stressing part of the whole process. All in all this was a good experience what you have a great background in order to get security clearance. No drug testing is required.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult obstacle you had to overcome.   1 Answer

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at NASA (Moon, WI (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was great, although the coffee was a bit bitter. Personally, I think it had something to do with the lack of atmosphere, but I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to fly a spaceship?   2 Answers

Chief Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA in January 2016.

Interview

not too long. they called up and set up interview. then they flew to houston. interview questions were not too long. very straightforward. if smart response, you will get job. also, benefits are very good and excellent company to work for. best of luck in interview process

Interview Questions

• when did you have to take the role of others   1 Answer

Chief Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at NASA (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Submitting application using the Stars system is wrought with terror. A little clerical error can mean the difference between getting the job and not getting the job. The position was opened and closed then there was a long period of time of inaction. There was a lot of uncertainty about whether the job and if it was canceled or if another candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about a troubled project -- what would I do.   2 Answers

Negotiation

A joke -- really. Personnel doesn't understand the rules for hiring bonuses.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.