NMDC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NMDC Interview Questions

Interviews at NMDC

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NMDC (Hyderabad) in June 2012.

Interview

every staff of this company has an opportunity to have an interview for promotion after a term of 4 continuous working years in the compoay

Interview Questions

• what are your future scopes , why have you joined this company and what are your requirements from this company   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

direct recruitment as contract employee. seen advertisement in newspaper and applied for it. very easy interview. no competition. required to be dressed in formals. took 5 days for the whole process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NMDC (New Delhi).

Interview

people were very cool,they asked mostly HR questiohs,Some technical questions were also asked ,they were mostly trying to check temprament of candidates.Four group of people.They will try to help you if you miss something good people

Anonymous Employee in Raurkela

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NMDC (Raurkela) in April 2011.

Interview

bit technical and bit HR
    Brush up ur Electrical Machines: specially induction motors and transformer
    Be wary about HR question as they might test you ?
    People who are willingly to settle are preferred,as they might stick with the company for long duration

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

First thing to keep in mind is that you cannot learn anything from assistant engineers working there as shift incharge because they themselves are in the learning phase, deputy managers are reluctant to share knowledge with you, managers and senior managers don't have time for this , they are busy with their own stuff. This is true not only for the trainees but also for the young recruits who join as JO. Then how can you learn? you learn from the service engineers and from the mechanics. Get along with them and you will be amazed to see the knowledge they have of various machines.This is how i myself have learnt. Same goes with plants. There are various plant namely crushing plant , screening plant and loading plant. You need to take the initative by yourself if you want to really learn. In the plant section i found deputy managers and senior managers really helpful.

Interview Questions

• NMDC is a place where you can really learn something , but if you want to do time pass there is no one stopping you. Plants are good place to learn but in my opinion mechanical services is the best place for a mechanical engineer to be.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NMDC (Mumbai) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was good, I have been interviewed by company CFO and HR Head. I have been interviewed by at-least six time by HR Manager and other people. interview process was very long.

Interview Questions

• Lot of question they asked and final they offered me a verbal offer. when the actual date of joining came they did not reverted me and after lot of follow-up they again gave me a false date of joining and same thing happened.

I think they have to stick to their word and STOP playing with people. If they do not have any opening in there organization in that case they should not waste people time, Money and energy. i have spent more than USD 150 for all the attestation, phone and travel cost to attend interview.   1 Answer

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NMDC (Hyderabad) in December 2010.

Interview

Include written test, technical round and HR round. Written test is one of the main criteria for selecting the students. And It is one of the most difficult part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to work in any of the unit of the organization.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NMDC (New Delhi) in July 2015.

Interview

NMDC called for 250 fresher posts in Feb 2015.
    Written tests was held in May 2015.
    Results announced in June 2015
    Interview & GD conducted in July 2015
    Final results announced in Sep 2015.

Written test had no negative marks. 100qs was on engineering. 25 each on Quant, Verbal, Reasoning & General awareness. There were sectional cutoffs and also overall. no. of candidates called for interview = 5 times vacancies.
    There were too many qs on 1st year mechanics in engg part. Industrail engg related was just about 50%.

GD topic - Autonomous driverless system for parking of vehicles (Some unheard/unknown topic)
    10-12 candidates in group. 1st 15 min discussion. Next those who didnt speak are given opportunity. Everybody is then again asked to summarize discussion.
    Tips - Content rules. Don't speak for the heck of it. Speak valuable points that make sense. Summarize well, into few words covering all aspects and Give Conclusion.

Document verification - Was very thorough. Fresher candidates were sent home without travel reimbursements for not having degree. Also related discipline, cut off etc was strictly seen.

Interview Questions

• Interview
      4 panelists - Oldies. one HR, One Technical, Other two just watch
      HR guy just gauges personality. Technical guy asks very specific questions related to subject

HR Questions
      Why NMDC after having experience in pvt ?
      Why gap in experience ? Why not other companies ? What is success for you ? Location issues ? Sports interest ?
      they will have standard questions, but you can take it the was you want.

Technical questions
      Cycle time, standard time, definition, idle time etc
      Break even analysis, variable cost, fixed costs etc
      Some charts from Work system design
      He asked mainly from Work system design.
      I answered 4/5
      Being mass recruitment, the technical questions are very fixed and repetitive. They wont give much chances. Either u know it or u don't. Don't try hitting around the bush. Move on. They asked very specific questions. General answers won;t do. Better prepare well.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.