National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency

2.6

Cartographer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

It was a digital interview that I took in my own time before a certain deadline (I received an email notification about 5 days before the deadline to submit the interview). Not a typical video call interview where you are speaking to another person, so it may seem a little awkward at first just talking to your webcam and I would recommend practicing a few times beforehand. Overall was very simple and straightforward, less pressure than a regular interview/video call interview.

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

PAT, written and oral. Background check. A lot of waiting in between. Very nice people and very selective. The location is super secure . Everyone has a chance at the job. Very fair process

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

There was a video recorded interview, where they had questions and gave you time to record your answers. You could redo the recordings as many times as you wanted to.

Interview Questions

• Why I found myself a good fit for the role?   1 Answer

Interview

It was a phone call then an on-site interview- but that was mainly for a poly. It was a 4 month process, but most of it was figuring out logistics and such. Salary negotiation was an easy and fair process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in October 2018.

Interview

First step (and final for me) was a digital interview through HireVue. There were 3 or 4 pre-recorded questions about me, how I was qualified for the position, and what I knew about the company.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

Applied well before deadline and received email in May that I was selected for online interview. The interview consisted of basic questions (Why do you want to work here? Career goals? Interests?) where I recorded myself answering them one by one. I then received a phone call in late June extending an offer.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

It was long. 5 hours long.

For one, they flew me from St. Louis to their home-base in Virginia. This caused me to have to take off 2 days of work, with such little notice, it of course required lying to my current employer - which is never something you want to do if you are uncertain of a job. They pay for the flight right off the bat and then they will reimburse you for your hotel and rental car at a later date - it took almost a month.

The interview itself was broken into 5 parts:
    1. Introduction to the NGA! You get to watch a few slides explaining what the NGA is and does (all unclassified, of course) and you get to ask a member of senior management some questions after they explain their journey to the NGA with you.

This next part sees you broken up into two groups - my group was broken down into essentially men and women - most of the men (and one woman) went in one group, while the women (and two men) were in another - still not sure if this was done intentionally or not.

The following was my order:

2. Group exercise. We were herded into a room where four people with clipboards and one very enthusiastic dude introduced us to the group experiment - kind of. We went around, introduced ourselves to each other and watched the people with the clipboards write things down - nerve inducing. Our group exercise, was a stack of pictures. You are NOT allowed to look at each others pictures. You are supposed to figure out what they are/represent and figure out what to do with them. The answer is they are a "Zoom in" photos, you need to figure out who has the furthest out and furthest in and where everyone else goes in between. My group did very well.

3. The Tour. This is where they make you very jealous of the facility. You get to see the facade, and nothing more. The building was expensive - which should some up the tour for you.

4. Interview # 1 - This is where they ask you personal questions - "How have you handled" - "How would you handle", etc. They give you a piece of laminated paper that you read the 6 - 10 questions off of and are then given 10 minutes to answer them...except the interviewers insist on reading the questions to you - even though you just read them - cutting into your time. So be aware that they will do that.

5. Interview #2 - The "Technical Brief" and the technical questions. The best advice I can give to you on the technical brief is to choose something you are passionate about that has ANYTHING to do with national security. The very first question after you give you "5 minute brief" is why you CHOSE that topic. They will go into detail asking about the brief. So don't choose something because you think it might impress them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever solved a problem in a creative or innovative way?   2 Answers
    • Name 3 things every leader should have, and why?   Answer Question

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

5 hour process approximately 2 1/2 hour briefing explaining NGA perks, growth, what they do and personal experiences (all unclassified of course) and approximately 2 1/2 hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• 6 questions about leadership abilities and roles   1 Answer
    • Oral Presentation followed by 6 questions about analytical capabilities (problem solving)   1 Answer
    • Group Exercise   1 Answer

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Springfield, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Long interview process with 2 panel questioning sessions and team building exercises. Prepare before hand, and make sure you prepare a decent presentation. I was greatly underprepared. There was a nice tour and they gave a tour and overview of the company and facility. It is a great opportunity if you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how function as part of a team and your leadership skills.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

Interview was very strange. I was sent an online link where I recorded myself interviewing. There was no other person on the other side. I was just answering questions for a recording, which made it difficult to gauge how the interview was going.

Interview Questions

• I had to look at their core mission and select which section applied to me the best and explain.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.