NewVoiceMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 Mar 2019

2.9

Sort:

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Second round was phone interview with hiring manager. Third round was phone interview with CFO. Did not make it to the 4th and final round.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience and how it is applicable to the job you are seeking.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interviewer was about ten minutes late starting the interview because he was on the phone, then stepped out two times in the middle of the interview to take calls, ultimately extending the one hour meeting to 90 minutes. I understand they might have been busy, but they set the time, even moving it once, so it should have have been a day and time they thought was convenient/available.

Not sure they realize that interviews work both ways. I'd rather they had crammed it into 30 minutes and focused, than been so rude.

That being said, everyone was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Apparently, their second step is a case presentation to a group.   Answer Question

19 Oct 2015 – SVP People

Hi, I'm sorry to read that your meeting with us was less than positive around timing, you are correct in saying that interviews are two way. I/we try to be cognisant of people, their commitments and... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard sales interview, smooth process. Be prepared to answer questions about the company, your experience, and your sales process/style. Also, be a professional and do your background research on the company, competitors, etc (aka exercise professional common sense).

Be prepared to go over your experiences. The people interviewing you are obviously going to be salespeople so be prepared to talk about the process, pitch, etc

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Almost anyone will get a shot at interviewing and proving themselves. The interviews were efficient and manageable. Everyone is straight forward with you which I loved. You also get to chat with other members of your potential role to get a more real insight on how things are which was really helpful.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about your previous employment history. You will also be judged on your ambition and desire to succeed.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and once it was reviewed, I was emailed to set a scheduled time for an over the phone interview. Following my first interview I had a second interview and then a role play scenario.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Spanned out over several weeks. Got a terrible impression of the company through this process.

1) Phone screen with recruiter, easy basic questions to learn more about you. Why tech sales, why NVM, background. Got great feedback.

2) Phone call with hiring manager, similar questions and role play phone call exercise. Demonstrate your knowledge of the product and company and sell the target on a meeting with an account executive. Got great feedback.

3) Follow up call with recruiter, then manager, determine interest in company. Good feedback, hint of offer.

4) In office with AE's, more great feedback. Really liked the guys.

5) Offer stage was poorly communicated between recruiter and hiring manager, but hiring manager extended verbal offer. Wanted verbal committal to offer before having HR write it up. Excited for the opportunity, knew the product well, was ready to learn, and kill the numbers.

The job description boasts "Highly competitive package including a range of benefits." However nobody told me what that meant. It took a lot of back and forth messaging to find out exactly what this means since nothing was talked about. I was on fire and had 2 other offers that I wanted to compare everything with when weighing decisions. Despite efforts, this claim of competitive benefits was never fully revealed.

In the hiring managers and my 4+ phone calls he mentioned that working from home 1 day a week (not at all uncommon for many startups I've seen) wouldn't be a problem while living 1+ hours away and while I looked for housing in SF (only 5% market availability, very hard to find housing). He also said that he could offer 55k base. These were two main things that sold me. I told one company that I was going to take this other offer, and the other company I didn't respond to in time because I was more interested in the other 2.

The response rate during this discovery process was slow and it turns out that it was because the hiring manager was having a fallout with the company as we were trying to iron out the details. Depending on who you talk to, he was either "let go," or he "took a better opportunity."

Very strange situation to be caught up in. The new hiring manager called me and asked what were some of the things that the old manager and I talked about in the verbal offer, I told him it would be more appropriate to get all of the facts and figures from the old manager as we were still messaging back and forth about the details - but he insisted (it was also mentioned by HR that the old manager was not making the separation easy and was hard to get on the phone).

Reluctantly, I mentioned the 55k base and mentioned that I was going to discuss 60k with him to see if it was possible, and that working from home 1 day a week was something that I wanted to make sure translated over regardless of the fallout. He said he was shocked I even said this! So I further emphasized talking to the old manager because it put me in an awkward situation.

Didn't hear back and talked to the old manager to find out what happened. He said that he told the new manager he never mentioned "once a week" but maybe mentioned "once in a while," and that the new manager thought I was taking advantage of the situation. Blew my mind, now it looked as though I was fabricating the old managers words out of thin air. I know this isn't the case because as soon as this was said and I got off the phone, I was excited to tell my friends that I was about to get a job that allowed me to work from home once a week. So there was a clear misunderstanding, or that was truly what was said offhandedly and forgotten by the old manager.

I had to keep reaching out to the new manager to try and get in touch and he finally left me a message the following week. Instead of calling me a liar, or getting all parties on the phone to work out the communication hiccup, or acknowledging that I simply got caught in the middle of a crummy situation that had nothing to do with me, the new manager said they would no longer be extending me the offer. Simple, black and white. So I lost 3 job offers for the price of one.

I told the old manager and he enlightened me on some things and offered to take me with him to the company he moved to, but it was too far for me.

It was a mixture of bad luck, my own naivety for putting all my eggs in one basket, and getting caught in the middle of an employee/company restructuring conflict. It majorly set me back. But I wouldn't be keen to work there anyways under the new manager, and how I was labeled an opportunist and discarded (which was completely not cool of them to do), and how conflicts get solved by the people who call the shots in this company when things go awry.

Regardless, I cannot deny that they appear to be propped up for success and are backed by the right people, and I hope they work out these kinks to be a more well rounded company both externally and internally.

Interview Questions

NewVoiceMedia Response

19 Apr 2016 – SVP People

Hi sorry i obviously don't know who you are so hi is the best i can do.
    I have read your interview review and it is well written and doesn't pull any punches.
    I would personal like the opportunity... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

My first round interview was a phone screen with the office recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly & personable and we went through the general questions of why sales, why NVM, my experience and then also touched on a few scenario questions which were manageable. Shortly after the call, I was given an update on where I stood and my next steps. I then had an on site interview with the hiring manager which lasted approx 40 mins. This was just a more in-depth review of my experience , why I would be a good fit, the role itself and salary/commission structure. Final round was a mock call role-play which I was given some time to prepare for. That evening I received a verbal offer which was great as there was no waiting around! The whole way through the process I felt I was really kept in the loop and always knew where I stood which was great.

Sales - Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with recruiter at NVM after applying online for a sales position in the DFW market, however they didn't have anyone locally within their sales organization to interview me in person, so the process was entirely over the phone or via video call.

After talking with their recruiter/hr person, I was passed along to talk with hiring manager out of Philly. Had an hour plus call with him, which I thought went well, and felt that we had a fair amount in common.

This was followed by a phone interview with the EVP of sales who just started his role earlier in the year, who I think was simply trying to confirm that I knew the industry before giving me the green light.

Then conducted a video/skype call with the hiring managers top Strategic Acct Mgr out of their San Francisco office.
    I thought this went very well, and she told me that she would recommend they move forward with me to the hiring manager.

Received feedback from the hiring manager via e-mail, that they were very interested, and would be in touch in 1-2 business days to let me know about next steps.

That's where things ended. I never received a follow up call, and my attempts to reach the hiring manager, and the salesperson out of SFO to see where things stood went unanswered.

Quite unprofessional if you ask me, not even a form letter to let me know they selected a different candidate! It makes me think this may have been a blessing in disguise, and that if that's the way they operate, then perhaps I should be happy an offer wasn't extended!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, and questions about the industry and my background   1 Answer

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Recuitment

Hi there, we value and appreciate the commitment from all candidates we connect with whether offered or not so I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience with this interview process. I would... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia (Wrocław (Poland)) in June 2018.

Interview

Process consisted of several steps. Quick contact after sending application, I had to wait only 1 day. Initial call from HR, about 30 mins, general discussion about experience and more detailed job description. Then after 3 days I received positive feedback and scheduled telco interview with the manager. It lasted 1h, he asked some general questions, some questions about work methodology, scrum, design patterns and past work assigments. After receiving positive feedback, I had 4 days to make a programming task but I was asked not to spend more than 3 hours to complete it. After positive feedback, I was invited to face to face interview that lasted 4 hours. It consisted of several mini talks with devs and managers about coding review, design, technical aspects, scrum and values. I recived positive feedback within a week and initially accepted offer, but ultimately rejected it after receiving contract draft. I asked for a little change in non-compete clause because, in my opinion, it was too general. My doubts were finally ignored and I decided to reject offer. Process in my case was long but normally is faster. I was busy at the time and working abroad. They respected my time limitations. Only thing that made me reject offer was the contract issuse. I was very close to accept it even with this very wide non-compete clause. I would rate process as easy but time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Interview focused on SOLID, design and testing (TDD and BDD) so you can expect such questions.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewVoiceMedia in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was made by phone, focusing on my previous experience and with a couple of technical questions in the middle.
    The technical questions consisted in some theoretical concepts about software architecture and also on some practices.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.