News UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at News UK

2.9

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Internal interview. Company pushes internal promotions. Had to provide a business plan and overview of the team. Also submitted myself for a MBTI test (no relation on whether I got the role or not).

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a team in a tough market   1 Answer

Audience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online, had a call with HR who t passed on my information to the team. Did two interviews at the office. Before the second interview I was presented with a task and had to present to the team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

First round with the Head of Business Analysis via a telephone call. Then, I was asked to interview with the PM, Scrum Master and BA for the delivery team.

Interview Questions

• questions covered understanding of business analysis, writing user stories and experience on working on either web/mobile applications.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a 1:1 interview with the manager and a final interview with senior management where I had to do a presentation. The phone call with HR and first interview went great and were pleasant, I can't say the same from the last one. One of their senior managers seemed to think I couldn't do the job from the moment she said hi to me, I found her really rude, to the point the other 2 people in the interview were trying to soften up her comments. After the presentation and a few question later they took me to another room to spend some time with another member of the team, which was nice but clearly a waste of time since it was clear the other manager didn't want me as part of their team. Worst part is after the interview I never heard back from them. Not even a thank you for your time but no. Nothing. I found it so rude and baffling, after so many hours I had spent on interviews and preparing the presentation the least you can do is send an email. Shocking!

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation about a previous campaign you had built   Answer Question

Sub-Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

A practical test on their sub-editing system, preceded by clear instructions on what to do. We were handed notebooks to copy down instructions during tutorials and left to our own devices during the test, but could ask for help.
    There was also a short 'quiz' of sporting knowledge and their big-name reporters.

Interview Questions

• To tell us the names of the Sunday Times' main correspondents for various sports.   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The whole process was dragged out and it had too many requirements considering the lack of preparing from their side. No basic interview manners e.g. water offered, yawning during the interview, rooms not correctly booked and had to move or not booked at all, people late and people on the phone not to mention their lack of flexibility in terms of dates and times. The job title changed from one meeting to the other, very chaotic structure in terms of management and messy. Overall would say fairly negative and would definitely suggest a switch in mentality as the candidate needs to want to work for you and feel appreciated.

Interview Questions

• questions based on your CV mainly, zero targeted or structure based.   Answer Question

Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

After the initial application and a writing test, I was invited to the assessment day. There was a general news quiz, a story-finding and writing test, a group exercise, and an interview with two senior figures. Two weeks later, I was invited to a final interview with two senior figures.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Group day with 50 people or so. 12 got through to a assessment day. Assessment day entails presentation, group exercises and interviews. It's a fun day - just relax.

Interview Questions

• Put together a made up proposal for a brand and what you would sell to them.   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at News UK.

Interview

I sent my CV, and received a call from human resource just 2-3 hours later. The lady was very enthusiastic about my CV and invited me to an interview + test (to solve before the interview). Since she did not have much time to talk to me she offered to get back to me next working day, which she did not. I wrote an email asking when she is available but she did never reply to that. I did a coding test, but my Computer broke half way through the test. I send a back-up of the code I had done so far and called the human resource lady explaining the issue. She told me I should not worry about the test. However, next morning she 'uninvited' me from the interview and the day after she invited me again (saying she uninvited me because she thought I would have left the UK and therefor it would not be fair to invite me considering the test results. A colleague told her I was still in the UK). I went to the interview which was enjoyable (interesting, friendly atmosphere). However, half way through the interview the main interviewer had to leave for some emergency case.

At the end I got a phone call saying I don't get the job and she apologised for the interviewer leaving.
    In total: The whole situation was unlucky and disorganised.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at News UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was invited for interview by the recruitment team. Was offered a date I couldn't make, this was less than a days notice, I suggested alternative dates that I was available. Three days until I received a response.

Had to chase four times to confirm if my interview was scheduled. Only when I stated that if I didn't know by 4pm the day before I wouldn't be able to attend was the interview confirmed.

I wasn't briefed before the interview as to which part of the business that I would be supporting so in the interview when asked I confirmed that I hadn't been told. Interview was relaxed, less questions more of a conversation.

Both interviewers were very welcoming, though I was told that the HR Director was ill which is why the interview wasn't confirmed so when I asked in the interview if she was feeling better she had no idea what I was talking about. Doesn't set a good impression when you are lying to candidates.

Interview was on 18th August, was told I would hear back in a week from recruitment. Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this part of the business?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.