Norges Bank Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Norges Bank Investment Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Norges Bank Investment Management

3.1

Investment Talent Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview after finishing a couple of online tests. During the phone interview, the interviewer was polite and asked mostly personal questions regarding my personality, my passion for the related field of work, my motivation, etc.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oslo (Norway)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online. It was a very long interview process (close to 3 months).
    Interviewed by phone. After that in-person interview three more times, which included general, technical, HR, and management.

Interview Questions

• Easy testing questions relating to some case studies and coding exercise.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oppsal, Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oppsal, Oslo (Norway)) in February 2018.

Interview

very tough multiple interviews round and question-related to where do you see yourself after 5 years . question related to previous work experience and how do you work as team member

Interview Questions

• technical questions and question about the future growth   1 Answer

Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was professional and quick. It involved an online application, a phone interview, and an assessment day with two interviews, a group exercise, and a prepared presentation (buy/ sell recommendation of a company they chose, which you had a week to prepare).

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oslo (Norway)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview by phone. Some questions about previous experience. Calm and relaxing. They have called exactly in time. Very positive atmosphere. It was a three participants from NBIM. At the end i received a kind email in regard to not being selected.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about previous experience and on achievements on subject.   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two or three weeks later, I received a mail with an invitation for a phone interview with the head of the economics department. Very nice, professional conversation. Talked about my previous experience, my motivation for applying for NBIM and some technical questions about current economic issues.

Got an invitation for the final round, which was based in their London office. Had to prepare a presentation about a trading idea and some economic theories. The whole interview involved 6 persons and lasted for around 3-4 hours. Last session was a one to one talk with a human resources manager. Just competency based questions were asked then (leadership, fails, motivation, etc.)

All in all, NBIM is an amazing company, which combines great people with great opportunities. The interview itself was sometimes technical, but always conducted in a very nice manner. No one wants to attack or stress you. People there are extremely educated and have impressive backgrounds - no need to show off. Would have been a great opportunity but I was turned down. You need to be extremely well prepared to convince them that you are qualified!

Interview Questions

• How would you analyse a country. Let's talk about the economic situation about Turkey. What can a country do to reduce their current account deficit? What is the FX carry trade? How would you value a currency? Views about inflation? What creates inflation if you would analyse it?

What do you know about predictability of bond returns? What is your view about inequality? Does it affect economic growth? What are current macroeconomic topics?   Answer Question

Analyst, Asset Management Interview

Interview

I was set the task of reading an academic paper, given 5 questions to prepare. Turn up and talk about the questions.
    I read around the literature a lot more widely and was in a position to discuss the paper and its context more generally.
    However, this wasn't the main focus of the interview. Asked questions that you would either get right or wrong. No middle ground. Quite unlike many others where you can have a discussion and show your way of thinking.
    The interviewers themselves were very difficult to read. No indication of whether you were on the right lines or not. Quite a stuffy atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• If using factor investing, which ones make sense for NBIM?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst (Allocation Strategies) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very professional and friendly, they don't act like they are trying to catch you out. Mostly questions on background, reasons for applying for the role, why you want to work at NBIM as well as a few technical questions. Two interviews, each with two employees from the firm; the first being with a couple of other analysts and the second with more senior members. Enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.