Norges Bank Investment Management Interview Questions

Updated 27 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norges Bank Investment Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Singapore) in Apr 2021

Interview

Many rounds of interviews with people from Norway, London and SG. Felt like a really long process and interviewed with ppl who wasn't the hiring manager and had no impact to the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
  • What's your motivation?
    1 Answer

Norges Bank Investment Management

Application

I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management

Interview

It seems that there are often 3 rounds: - 1st round with people working at the department that you are applying for. - 2nd round: case study and interview with people working in UK. - 3nd round: Interview with the manager I was offered for the first interview round. They made a presentation about NBIM for me and then asked some questions related to my background.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Norges Bank Investment Management

Application

I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management

Interview

Two rounds with multiple interviews and a phone call with HR. For the second round, was asked to give a presentation on a given investment topic with one week to prepare. Presentation time around 25 minutes followed by a Q&A of 25 minutes. Pleasant people, not trying to catch you out.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked which components of the Gordon growth model move and why in a scenario they outlined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Singapore) in Oct 2020

Interview

4 rounds First with manager and fellow analysts with similar job scope Next is with other department heads Third is with COO, regional head, HR head Last is an online test, tons of irrelevant questions After putting me through so many rounds of interview across time zones which I took leave for, zero follow ups.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oslo) in Apr 2018

Interview

I applied online. It was a very long interview process (close to 3 months). Interviewed by phone. After that in-person interview three more times, which included general, technical, HR, and management.

Interview Questions
  • Easy testing questions relating to some case studies and coding exercise.

Application

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview after finishing a couple of online tests. During the phone interview, the interviewer was polite and asked mostly personal questions regarding my personality, my passion for the related field of work, my motivation, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oppsal, Oslo, Oslo

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oppsal, Oslo, Oslo) in Feb 2018

Interview

very tough multiple interviews round and question-related to where do you see yourself after 5 years . question related to previous work experience and how do you work as team member

Interview Questions
  • technical questions and question about the future growth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (London, England, England) in Nov 2016

Interview

The process was professional and quick. It involved an online application, a phone interview, and an assessment day with two interviews, a group exercise, and a prepared presentation (buy/ sell recommendation of a company they chose, which you had a week to prepare).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (Oslo) in Jun 2016

Interview

Interview by phone. Some questions about previous experience. Calm and relaxing. They have called exactly in time. Very positive atmosphere. It was a three participants from NBIM. At the end i received a kind email in regard to not being selected.

Interview Questions
  • Some questions about previous experience and on achievements on subject.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Norges Bank Investment Management (London, England, England) in Feb 2016

Interview

Applied online. Two or three weeks later, I received a mail with an invitation for a phone interview with the head of the economics department. Very nice, professional conversation. Talked about my previous experience, my motivation for applying for NBIM and some technical questions about current economic issues. Got an invitation for the final round, which was based in their London office. Had to prepare a presentation about a trading idea and some economic theories. The whole interview involved 6 persons and lasted for around 3-4 hours. Last session was a one to one talk with a human resources manager. Just competency based questions were asked then (leadership, fails, motivation, etc.) All in all, NBIM is an amazing company, which combines great people with great opportunities. The interview itself was sometimes technical, but always conducted in a very nice manner. No one wants to attack or stress you. People there are extremely educated and have impressive backgrounds - no need to show off. Would have been a great opportunity but I was turned down. You need to be extremely well prepared to convince them that you are qualified!

Interview Questions
  • How would you analyse a country. Let's talk about the economic situation about Turkey. What can a country do to reduce their current account deficit? What is the FX carry trade? How would you value a currency? Views about inflation? What creates inflation if you would analyse it? What do you know about predictability of bond returns? What is your view about inequality? Does it affect economic growth? What are current macroeconomic topics?
4 people found this interview helpful