Octopus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 58 of over 58 interviews

Recruitment Agency16%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Octopus

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Octopus

Interview

First few steps are about writing content and sharing investment ideas. Surprisingly, zero feedback was provided. Not sure if this is respectful of a candidate time from a prospect employer. Raises the question: are they posting job ads to fish for intel?

Interview Questions
  • Share early stage investment ideas.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied in January. Had a screening call a few weeks after and 2 more interviews on zoom. I was told I would be contacted a few days after with feedback. Was gaslighted. Even after sending them a follow up email, I never heard back. I understand people are busy and I didn't progress to the next stage but I was disappointed with the lack of feedback. I don't normally leave reviews but I am hoping they will take this on board and do better. It is a 2 way process after all.

Interview Questions
  • Mixture of technical and competency based questions that were fairly straightforward
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied for a role with the operations team at Octopus Ventures. First HR called to discuss the role in a bit more detail, next I had a 30 minute zoom call with the hiring manager and a 30 minute call with HR. There were some competency questions and questions around my CV. It felt more like a conversation and there was a lot about culture fit and the Octopus values, which are really important to them. You can tell that they stand by those values and want to find employees that will fit in well with the team. Next I had a numerical and verbal reasoning test, these I'd recommend practicing for before. Then I had a case study: Part 1 you complete in 24 hours and part 2 is done during the next interview stage with the Operations Manager. I found the case study quite easy so long as you are competent with excel. The final stage was two more 30 minute interviews. One with an Associate on the team and one with the CEO of Octopus Ventures. Again it felt like culture fit was quite important so they wanted me to meet as many people on the team as possible. These were quite casual and included some of the same questions as the first stages. Questions around my CV and my experience for the role. The whole process was really efficient and I appreciated getting updates regularly from the Octopus team about the status of my application. It was one of the most enjoyable and well organised interview processes I've ever been a part of. They are clearly a passionate and welcoming team.

Interview Questions
  • They asked questions around their core values: being bold, straightforward and helpful. For example which I could relate to most.
  • They asked questions around how your friends would describe you. The good and the bad.

Octopus

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Octopus

Interview

Two separate interview days seeing 4 different members of the Octopus Property Team. I was told they would get back to me after a day or two. I didn't hear back at all even after chasing the HR department twice. I found the lack of communication absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. I wouldn't recommend applying.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (Hong Kong) in May 2020

Interview

Three interviewers from CS dept. and HR dept. Self-introduction (Chinese) Why work here (English) Situational Questions (Mandarin) Around 30-45 mins Have second in and written test (Write an email to colleagues about customer demand and ask them to reply ASAP) Wait for about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What do you need to do when a customer talks rudely?

Octopus

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octopus

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter at Ocotpus Investments to arrange an interview. We set up a date, however the interviewer cancelled the call 2 minutes beforehand citing that they had been pulled into an internal meeting. I suggested a time to rearrange, however I found that the recruiter had turned on automatic replies. I tried to get in contact twice more after the OOO date noted on the automatic reply, asking if they would still like to arrange a call. However I have had no response for over two weeks. I found this to be quite unprofessional, especially as I had already booked time out of my day for this interview. I have never experienced anything like this before and cannot make sense of it. While I want to give the benefit of the doubt, I really was not impressed by this ordeal and would not recommend the current hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (Leicester, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

It was a face to face interview, where a TL got to know more about you. The role was described in more detail, and how you would fit into the company.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a time when you had difficult customer and how did you respond

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

straight forward interviews with different managers - questions regarding experience and also why the role, why octopus, role play scenarios. called back for another interview, similar style questions with different manager. Smooth process and great offices.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

The process has taken a long time. I had an initial screening and the representative was pleasant and I received feedback a few weeks later, then completed a few assessments and a series of interviews which I thought went well but there has been a lack of communication since then. Before attending the interview(s), I saw the negative feedback on here about how they don’t give final answers following presentations and interviews and unfortunately I had the same experience. It’s not nice for Octopus to continually keep candidates waiting because it seems like a great place to work at and the employees seem to love their jobs and are extremely friendly but their recruitment process sucks! They seem to have this ethos of being all about their clients and I think they should apply this to the way they recruit staff. Personally, if I or other candidates aren’t successful, they should communicate that rather than leaving the candidates to wonder because it’s not nice constantly refreshing your emails and waiting for calls that never come for a job that seems great.

Interview Questions
  • Experience? what you like most and worst about your current job? Technical skills Why you want the job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holburn, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octopus (Holburn, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Be warned - they fool you into thinking it's just one more interview - 10!!!! Phone interview followed by face to face x 4, including HR, followed by a further 2, followed by a further 4. Make up your minds guys - that's at least two man days effort. What exactly are you gaining - it's not going to prevent you employing time wasters as proven by the process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Interviews