Officite Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Officite Interview Questions

Interviews at Officite

2.6

SDR Interview

Interview

Really easy very straight forward they're just looking for people to cold call but after a few months you usually do something else like cs or marketing. Lots of free snacks. Would actually recommend if you're like right out of college

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Normal 1:1 interview, very straight forward process. I was interviewed by the manager of the department and team leads. Overall everyone was kind and I received a call back from the interview same day.

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a in person interview. They ask a lot of questions about previous experience. You need 3 references and to pass the background check. Once everything goes through you have to be accepted by the parent company, internet brands

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

They asked a lot of good questions, I left feeling good about the whole thing. although after the interview when I was hired I was not doing what they told me I would be at the interview

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on indeed. They quickly scheduled a phone interview, a few days later another phone interview and an in person interview was set for the following week. I was led to believe they were offering me a position, but then they had me fill out another application and ultimately their parent company turned me down. It was strange.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a stock e-mail from a recruiter. It was impersonal, but it sounded like a decent position. I typically avoid responding to recruiters that appear to be selling a position, ESPECIALLY for a sales role, but again, this sounded better than your usual roles.

After responding, I had a phone interview with the person who sent the initial e-mail. I continued on the interview process because the initial phone interview did not seem to be as much of a sales pitch as the e-mail was. After the phone screening, I was set up with an interview with a hiring manager.

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had brief phone interview that should have been a clue as to what type of position this was
    1:1 interview was more revealing the position was a boiler room call center suited more for a college student or entry level person,
    A complete waste of time for anyone with any B2B or inside sales experience.
    The offer was borderline insulting

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Denied 2 times.

Long interview process with 2 phone interviews 1 phone screen and on-site interview.
    Applied for the job 2 times. One time at the beginning of 2014 and another at the same time in 2015.

The first time i interviewed with Officite was around February of 2014 for a Client Service Rep Employee Referral. I had a decent resume with some strong skill sets along the lines of Customer service and Hospitality and phone experience. There was 2 phone interviews, a phone screen and an on-site.

The phone interviews went well. And presented I myself highly for the position. The last phone conversation with them was a phone screen, where the recruiter(s) from California call you. It seemed that either the guy didn't feel like being at work that day, or i was a waste of his time, because the conversation was dull and awkward no matter how enthusiastic/ professional I was.

The on-site interview was better and more promising. Dress Business professional and be prepared to answer the same questions asked by the recruiters. I interviewed with the head of the department at the time and he said I was a perfect fit for the position. I left with a good vibe and was 99% sure I had the position.

It wasn't until 1 week after the on-site when I decided to call the California office to check my status or why I had not received any calls or emails about the position. They told me that same lame "We moved forward with another candidate at this time" speech. I was surprised but then again not. Maybe my skills were not strong enough and I needed more? What ever the case was, my employee referral told me that the office manager doesn't know why they chose against my candidacy.

It wasn't until January 2015 that i decided to try my shot again, the same position was open so I decided to try once more. This time i had better experiences good references and skills with a revised stronger resume that was more professional that highlighted my skills with proof that had done Graphic Design and some HTML websites. The position was on a client rep that needed to know the bare basics of HTML CODE.

This time around the Interview was harder. They sent me a chunk of website HTML and inline CSS Code that i had to correct to make it display properly while writing why I made the changes and fixes I did. Wasn't hard since I worked with HTML code for over 3 years. That was a bit time consuming and detailed.

Along with the code I had a list of scenarios and customer service related examples that i had to respond to in the form of an email. Then on tot he phone screen a week later. I got a call from an unknown number that i ignored because I simply don't answer my phone for people who don't want to show their numbers. It wasn't until after I received the call that they left a voice mail that said they are calling from Officite. He said he would call back in another 30min. I thought this was inconsiderate since I was unable to call him back because he blocked the number. So I wait another 30min and i get a call from the unknown number where the phone screen went pretty well...

Until... he asked me a useless non-job related question "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" where he said that my answer is neither wrong or right and thrown off guard a little but not surprised, i answered truthfully that I would be one of the umbrella shaped trees you see on the African Continent. He then asked why I chose that and I said that I consider it a unique tree that you don't see everyday. I wasn't until after the whole phone screen that I started to regret even answering that question in disgust that some way, or somehow my answer reflects some made up personality that the company thinks I might have based on my answer given. Kind of like The Kronos Personality tests you take that make no sense that even the creators of the test would fail if they took it. Maybe I am over thinking it.

I went through the interviews again that were not to different than before. The on-site was with a different manager and I was asked more in depth tech questions about my skills.

At the end I waited 1 week and didn't hear anything from them. I decided to send an email to the HR Rep and you guessed it... Got the same response as the year before.

I really have a feeling this company uses some sort of personality test to determine your candidacy, which in my book is considered DISCRIMINATION. You will be surprised on how many employers base your offer on useless evaluations.

I had 3 good references, and an internal referral with a strong background in tech and Hospitality and Customer service. And was still brushed off. Oh well... I guess this isn't a place where I should invest my skills in anyway. If you get in, its probably a good experience to have on your resume.

I wont be trying to apply here again. It also seems that there is always hiring at this place, so beware, that's not a good thing most of the time.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer
    • What is your dream job   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer
    • What personal strengths do you feel would make you an exceptional asset in this position?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in graphic design? Particularly please note any experience with Adobe Photoshop/GIMP or similar programs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about this position. Was told it was for Officite but they lied - it was for Baystone Media but they didn't tell me that until I showed up for work the first day. So instead of working for the growing company I thought I got a job with I was stuck working for the little brother - same workspace but many less resources than Officite. I have never forgotten that intentional deception.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Officite (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Worked through multiple recruiters. They are owned by a larger company. The process was fairly quick and then i interviewed with three people in office. I think everyone was very nice, but I got the feeling that this isn't a long-term position. The pay is low and they didn't really have an answer for my questions about growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, the most difficult part of the hiring process was trying to negotiate a competitive wage. I failed miserably   Answer Question

Pay was miserable. I think they churn and burn employees.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.