Olam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Olam Interview Questions

Interviews at Olam

3.2

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Olam in June 2020.

Interview

2 interviews- 1 with HR head for recruitment, another one with HR and BU head. Both interviews were online interviews, the style was conversational, interviewer tried to go into details of the things mentioned in the CV

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? Most other questions were behavioral questions, PARs.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olam.

Interview

It will be a phone interview set up within the first week of your application. Then there is a onsite interview with controller and directors. The whole process is pretty straightforward and people on hr acquisition team are pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• what was your experience in xyz company and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lemoore, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olam (Lemoore, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Job fair at the Olam processing plant. Lot of people attended stood in line for over two hours waiting my turn. Glad I did as interview seemed to go well. interviewed with warehouse supervisor and felt I answered his prepared questions well and then his own questions about myself and experience.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I had a quick phone screen first and then a couple days later I was in the office doing an in-person interview. Within 4 days I had an offer and in a week I started my internship.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with farming and agriculture? What is your experience?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olam (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process took about 8 weeks with mostly virtual interactions. Throughout the process i had several interview engagements with different people across different levels within the firm before progressing for the final chat with the leadership team based in Singapore. The company tries to learn as much as possible about your leadership experience, entrepreneurial drive and interests about the FLP while also revealing as much about the organizational structure, culture and business models.

Food Safety and Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A group of 20 or more people are interviewing at the same time in a round robin style process. It is an all day event they call College Day. They feed you and everyone is really nice.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between cloriform and pathogens.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olam (Willowbrook, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by current employees in Sales Management Trainee Position for initial interview. Second interview was with Key account managers and the VP of Sales and Senior Director of Sales on site.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, did a phone and then an in person interview with her. Next was contacted by the HR Department from Olam. Spoke for roughly 30 minutes.

Future Leaders Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olam (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

No HR came to my campus (Global top 20, US-based) as Olam hires mostly Indian MBAs.
    Submitted resume, HR responded after 3 weeks, 3 rounds of interviews on Skype and offered.
    Salary is below market, at ~50 thousand USD per annum. Indian MBAs are paid less around ~40 thousand.
    Expat package is offered, with single occupancy accomodation. In reality, you stay in a single room with shared bathroom, and in African locations, you can live without hot shower for 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Could you live in Africa?
      What are your experience living in tough conditions (no electricity, no hot water)?
      What would you do if one of your suppliers faked certificate of origin, do you report? Who and how do you report such incident?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olam (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very behavioral based. Company wants to assess whether you can survive in tough living conditions with grey area operational standard in import-export business in countries like Tanzania, Ethiopia, Ghana and Nigeria.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to relocate to Africa? Ethiopioa?

What will you do if there's an armed rebellion and you are the GM of 100 people in Africa?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.