OpenBet Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at OpenBet

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 62 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England, England)

Interview

Was scheduled a call with HR, but they never called me despite me following up a few times. No replies to my emails either. Quite disappointing behaviour demonstrating poor professionalism and ethics.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

First there was an informal phone call with some general information of how the recruitment process works. Then an online hackerrank test, this was very easy, even though you only need 50% to pass. Was then invited to a assessment day, lasted from 9am to around 4pm. This consisted of a team building exercise, written assessment, coding assessment, a technical interview, and finally an informal chat with current graduates. The next day, they called to give me very good and detailed feedback. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you would tackle this algorithm
    Answer Question
  • Describe a recent project you took part in ( in detail).
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

I have applied through the source and had an interview at OpenBet (Chiswick,England) in November 2018. The process was good , at first you have to go through a telephone interview from a recruiter from OpenBet, asking you questions on what programming language you have used and projects etc. It was fairly simple and then the next stage is to go through the coding exercise which consists of 5 online questions such as anagrams, vowels, n-th prime and coinChange. Need to complete within an hour , but you can get 3/5 correct and still go through the assessment centre. The assessment day consists of two group exercises ( one technical and the other non-technical) and technical interview 1-1 with the senior software engineers. We had a group project dividing us into 3-4 teams and we had build a tower of spaghetti, blue tack and marshmellow on top. The goal is to contribute on what you did and act as a team player. Then the other technical group project was about to implement a bitcoin to dollar price conversion from an API using JavaScript , HTML , CSS. The goal is to contribute on what the plan is to make sure the program works correctly. But it was difficult tasks despite the fact that i am a backend skilled person than front end. The 1-1 technical interview was to go through your CV on what you did on your past experiences , describing your passion to join OpenBET and some technical questions. You will get your results the next day if its a "NO" or a "YES".

Interview Questions
OpenBet
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

Really nice interview process. The assessment day was a bit intensive, and if you don't know skill that you've stated on your CV, you're buggered :) They are nice though, and if you can demonstrate that you're a helpful team player and give valuable input they take that on board, more so than if you were to fail at a programming task.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithms and fastest way of dealing with lists etc (Java), they will test your knowledge of arrays (iteration, whether you should sort the array before doing an action)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2018

Interview

I interviewed with OpenBet (SG Digital) in Aug-Sep 2018. The whole process took three weeks. I want to mention that both the recruiter and the hiring manager made this a very positive experience. I'm in a weird situation where I'm trying to move to Canada (have visas for that already) but I'm currently in the US, and the recruiter as very understanding about this both on the phone and on email, and also worked very well in setting everything up. The phone interview with the hiring manager was good, after which they wanted to do the on-site but given my situation they also agreed to do a Skype interview, which was also very well managed, so thank you for making this a positive experience. I didn't get the offer because I'm honestly rusty and didn't prepare as well, so it's fair, but as far as my interview questions went, it was very well designed to test coding, database, design and logical skills (this was also a welcome change from having to grind textbook algorithms). I won't be too difficult if you prepare for algorithms, SQL and design. Lastly, I would like to commend the transparency of the entire process. The feedback I was given was very honest and extremely helpful- they mentioned clearly what I did well and what I didn't, how many candidates were in competition etc. and also provided all this info very quickly. They also made it clear about the old tech stack they were using, so you'd know what you were getting into. I would also say the pay and benefits they offered looks decent for the area.

Interview Questions
  • Coding: How to determine if a given integer is a power of 2
  • Databases: Design a database schema for a library
  • Design: Design (not code) logic to make the shortest transition between SAINT --> SLANT, changing one letter at a time
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Sydney)

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency. I was then called by the company for a half hour phone interview (current skills, reason for applying, etc.). After this there was a two hour in-person interview that was split into two sections. The first section was more HR/personality focused and the second section was technical (SQL, TCP/IP, caching, an on-paper programming task).

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of real words, write an algorithm that takes a start and end word and returns the shortest path between changing one letter at a time with each step being a real word.
  • Estimate how many petrol stations are there in Australia (talking through the process and explaining any assumptions you make).
OpenBet
Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at OpenBet

Interview

Process took 1,5+ month. 1. Generic introductory discussion about you,your background,current position etc. 2. 5 online tests which required quite too much for one hour. Maybe in two hours you can handle them all. 3. 1hr phone interview with several questions (around 50+) .The questions where covering kinda of everything from Java basics till databases till REST etc etc. At the end was asked also to solve two algorithmic problems which is not quite common for a phone interview. 4. 3hrs in premise interview with more algorithms problems,tests,questions etc. In overall it was quite interesting paying attention only to the problems/questions solving (It's good for getting experience in tests basically)Personnel involved were quite positive and friendly . Went quite smooth. Taking into account the outcome , this company probably has quite high a standard for these tests.If it's worth I will let it up to you(candidate) to argue or not. I would suggest relaxing this threshold and also take into account other staff that make a developer good for your team e.g cooperation, analytic thinking, organizational aspects, ability to conceive a solution to its whole extend and many more. At the end of the day in none of these tests was there a real problem that could be faced in the day to day job and you should be evaluated on. It is more like a java/algorithms/questions competition/hackathon which doesn't show the canditate's real value. Finally you can eliminate candidates earlier e.g after the phone interview and algorithms test you should know if you want the candidate and not pass them from the whole procedure consuming your and their time :)

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England, England)

Interview

The first stage was applying online. You fill out your details including: address, education etc. and attach your CV. There also two competency based questions you can answer. I believe the first asked about how your strengths are a match for Openbet, and the second asked about any relevant experience I had. I left the latter empty. I then got an email asking to set up a phone call. This was with the internal recruiter at Openbet. The lady was very friendly and asked questions such as: What programming languages I know, whether I am more interested in frontend or backend development and was asked what my salary expectation is (weird for a graduate job). She then explained the job role and how the company operate etc. She asked me whether I was interested, and setup a coding challenge. The coding challenge was sent to me via email, and took place on Hackerank. It consisted of 5 questions to be completed in an hour. They are all very basic and you should have no issues. I know that a lot of the candidates only answered about 3/5 questions and still got to the next stage! Example questions: Count the amount of vowels in this word, what is the next closest fibonacci number to X, etc. Following this, I was invited to an assessment centre (I applied before xmas, and this took place after xmas to accommodate for people taking January exams - shows they care a lot). I'm going to explain what happened at the assessment centre now: 1) Signed in, got name badges etc. Sat in a room waiting for all candidates to arrive. Made to feel very welcome by the staff. 2) Had a talk with senior staff about Openbet, what they are currently doing, their future goals etc. 3) First group exercise. This was an ice breaker exercise, and we were put into 3 groups of 5. We were given spaghetti, blue tac, tape and a single marshmallow. In our teams we had to build the biggest structure that supported the marshmallow. The structure was marked on a few categories and at the end we had to give a small talk about why we think we deserved points in each of the categories. A few markers went round, writing notes about us. 4) Another group exercise. We were put into new groups of 5 and given a booklet of questions. These had programming questions, some multiple choice and others writing code. We had about an hour to complete this. 5) Lunch provided and got to speak with a developer. 6) In the afternoon we were split into a new group of 5. Each group would be doing a different activity here. One would be doing their interview, another a group exercise and the other got to speak with existing developers. 7) Interview. This lasted an hour and was held by 2 people. They asked a mixture of competency based and technical questions. Be prepared to talk in depth about previous projects and anything you have written on your CV. Weirdly none of use were asked why we wanted to work there. I believe the technical questions were tailored to what you had on your CV. But I know all of us were asked some database things. Like, what is an index?, write an SQL statement that does X, etc. Competency questions asked about strengths, teamwork and leadership. I was also given a few scenarios and asked what I would do in these. As they don't ask you about why you want to work there, you can really excel on the questions you ask them. Make sure you do your research into the company and ask about current affairs, etc. This is honestly your time to show off about how much you want to work there. 8) Technical group exercise: We were given a laptop each and had an hour to develop a system on the spec. I wont go into to many details, but none of the groups managed to get anything working. Make sure to show you have a plan, and don't just do anything. People in my team literally just sat there in silence when were given the task, so make sure you speak and come up with a plan together. 9) Speak to developers: This was not assessed and gave you the chance to ask any questions to the devs. Make sure you ask as much as possible as this is extremely helpful. After the assessment centre, we were given the results quickly. They respond by phone whether you're successful or not, so make sure to pick it up. Good luck people.

Interview Questions
OpenBet
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Melbourne) in Mar 2018

Interview

phone interview, then coding test, then another phone interview, and final the face to face 2 hour interview with the tech lead and development manager. 1st round phone interview just get basic info, like skills and experience. online coding test, 5 questions need to be finished in one hour. a little bit rush. but not that difficult. then the phone interview with one senior developer, asking a lot technical question. linux, java core, thread, mysql. etc final round, face to face, this is the most difficult part. paper based question on java and mysql. data structure and algorithm related. need to improve the solution after your after solution. overall, difficult interview. and very good working environment and very nice and friendly people. I love to work there so much. But I didn't make it through.

Interview Questions
OpenBet
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

3 steps process, 2 Skype interview with HHRR and the head project mánager, last face to face interview with an Excel test and skills test. Interviews focused on what are your management skills and how can you help the company Interviews focused on what are your management skills and how can you help the company

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews