OpenX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

OpenX Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenX

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenX in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and quickly got called by a recruiter to schedule a technical interview over the phone.
    The technical interview was with a Software Engineer. He asked questions about my experience, some of them were on data structures and algorithms. The questions were very basic, high level and straightforward. I did not have to write any code. I did quite well on the questions, nothing difficult.
    The interviewer was unprepared, he was struggling about what to ask and to follow-up with questions. We spent a lot of time waiting for him to come up with questions...

Few days later, they told me they would not move forward. Seriously, what a joke!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenX.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter for the telephonic interview. First guy I talked with was very nice and asked me questions related to my resume and asked me to design a class for chess. Also asked me some general DS questions. Then in the second round, I was asked to code a problem in collabedit with a link where I can finally compile and run my code. I coded it quiet well in time without much difficulty. I missed out an edge case( very rare and difficult to figure it out in interview) which I fixed when he pointed it out to me. Later I got a mail from recruiter that I am rejected for the further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Don't know the reason why they rejected me in the collabedit round even after writing a executable code with all the test cases cover in the first instance. The interviewer was rude and egoistic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted very quickly by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The first 30 minutes of the interview consisted in a cosing problem involving sorting. The second 30 minutes, with an additional interviewer, consisted in questions about basic machine learning tools and my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

After I had applied online in their website I was contacted by the hiring engineering manager. He asked couple of technical questions which were not very difficult. I was then called for onsite interview. There were three rounds of interviews onsite.

Interview Questions

• In the first round I was asked to write a recursive and non-recursive program to generate all possible substrings of a string.   Answer Question
    • In the second round I was asked the to write code for BST related questions. One of them was to find lowest common ancestor of two elements.   Answer Question
    • In the third round I was asked to write program to write code for detecting whether two given strings are anagrams of each other or not. The second question was about writing code for returning a random line from a file of unknown size and variable length rows. The third was a unix related question which I don't remember correctly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX.

Interview

Got the interview by reverral. The process took two weeks. There was a phone screening before the technical interview. I was asked some basic questions like, what is MVC model, as well as some Java questions because it was my first language. A few days later I was interviewed by an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, how do you determine if it is a valid number.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenX.

Interview

Very long process. HR disappeared in the middle for 2 weeks. Totally 3 rounds. 1HR, 1 software engineer, 1 hiring manager. The second round is a question about two sum with some changes (print out all result). The last round is quite strange, although I worked out all 3 questions, I got rejected. After 2 month interview process, what a waste of time ! Maybe they just won't hire people who is not living in LA.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenX (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Found the position on LinkedIn. Applied on company website. Recruiter asked for Github through email. I had a few days to prepare. I prepared for java. During the call, first asked my eligibility to work in the states. Confirmed the date of my OPT expiration. Then asked if I'm familiar with python. Since the job requirement didn't mention, I did not have enough knowledge for python.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

fast process.
    contact a hr, then got an 15-min phone interview. Several days later got 1st phone tech interview, schedule it to next Monday, pass. then 2nd phone interview was scheduled to that Friday, pass. next Monday received an onsite interview, which suppose to be at Tuesday or Wednesday, but I have other issue, so hr help me reschedule it to next Monday.
    Hrs are very nice and efficient.

Interview Questions

• find circle in linked list
      kith largest element in a data stream   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Took a good chunk of the day. Met with people 1-on-1, from HR and developers up to managers, directors, and a VP. They take their interviews seriously, which is a good thing. Technical and tough but very fair. No "gotcha" questions. Don't try and fake your way here, you'll be caught.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenX (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a 30 minute phone call with another recruiter. Then, when it was time for the call, the recruiter called me, late, and mumbled something about talking to engineers before taking up my time and then hung up after less than two minutes. Then I get a generic rejection e-mail almost two weeks later: very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.