Playworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Playworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Playworks

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Playworks (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with one person. I was then asked to come into the office for a second interview, which was with two people. They were both very nice and asked good questions related to the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Playworks (Silver Spring, MD (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I sent out the application and received my phone interview after a week.
    Extremely terrible experience.
    I had two years of professional working experience and they send an intern to interview me.
    The intern was extremely unprofessional.
    He can neither answer any of my questions nor can he introduce the job properly.
    He can't even tell me what kind of software is used.
    I wish they can really hire good people with this kind of HR.

Regional Director of Partnerships Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Playworks in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Got a very prompt excited response. Scheduled a phone conversation which took place within days. Had a nice productive call. Was told to expect a follow-up in-person meeting and then they disappeared. I sent at least 3 polite, nicely spread out follow up emails and got no response at all. It is a wonderful organization and they do great work, but at the very least out of respect for the time and effort I took to prepare for the process, they should have responded to my inquiries regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• General phone conversation about my personal/professional background specifically my education and non-profit experiences   1 Answer

Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Playworks.

Interview

First a phone interview and then invited to a skype interview. Questions related to your past experiences and how you would handle certain situations. Very helpful answering questions and further explaining

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Interview

Very detailed yet patient. Typical interview questions. Went to a school to engage in a recess then we sat down in the school cafeteria to interview. Casual and fun! Two people interviewed me who were both program managers.

Playworks Americorps Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Playworks.

Interview

There were three rounds.

First round was a group interview. We were able to go in casual/sporty attire for group games and activities. Each candidate has to prepare a mini game that should be no longer than three minutes and teach the game to the group. This group interview had around 5 other candidates. Everyone was super positive and friendly, and the staff who interviewed us were very friendly and laid-back.

Second round was a formal interview. I was told to dress appropriately in business casual and prepare for the interview by reviewing the organization's values and the role of the coach. The interview was a type of panel setting where there were three people in total. One would take notes, and the other two staff members would ask questions. Make sure to bring in your own questions for the position as well.

Third was a participation/volunteer day. The candidate is given an option to choose a day and the location at which to volunteer. This day gives a more hands-on example of how the coaches run the whole system and what kind of volunteer experience Playworks will entail. Volunteer for around four hours at a school, shadowing a current Americorps Playworks coach. Very helpful and practical.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Playworks (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted soon after for a phone screen. The hiring manager was courteous and professional throughout the process. I even received an email after asking for feedback on the interview process. Playworks clearly respects candidates, which gave me a great impression of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions about why I want to work there and my previous management/ work experience.   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Interview

Interview

I Interviewed with multiple people and had 2 stages. The first was a professional assessment and the second was on communicaion skills aned leading games. Quick response time after application. Casual environment

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Playworks (Campbell, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and followed up via email when I did not get a response. I then had a 30~ minute phone screen, wherein there were some behavioral questions and some situational. At the end of the phone screen, I was offered an in-person interview. Since I was applying while I was out of state, we scheduled a skype interview. It was with multiple people. This interview lasted around 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were many situational questions. Ex: If a teacher told a student that jumping rope was only for girls, how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Recess Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Playworks (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview mainly outlining the terms of the position and asking general questions about what brought you to Playworks. In person interview where you must lead a game for the rest of the group (those being interviewed and current professionals). After each applicant has lead an activity and debriefed individual interviews occur.

Interview Questions

• You see two children fighting at recess. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.