Pocket Gems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 Apr 2019

3.1

Sort:

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Did a '3-4 hour' take home assignment that really took 5-6 to complete. Then spoke on the phone to the team where they asked math questions that I thought didn't relate to the description and just humiliated me when I couldn't figure them out. Not fun.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

14 Mar 2019 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We apologize that you did not have an enjoyable experience. We strive to have a thorough interview process, which requires various steps... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2018.

Interview

Online Assessment followed by 2 phone interviews. The Online Assessment consisted of 2 questions (easy-medium level) and the time given was 45 minutes. I got an email from the recruiter in a few days asking me to schedule a phone interview. I passed the first one even though it didn't go so well. My second interview went very well, I was asked two 2 questions and I was able to solve both of them completely. The Chinese interviewer, however, sounded more like a robot than a human. But, I received a generic rejection email in 2-3 days. I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback, but she didn't reply. Entire waste of a month!

Interview Questions

• OA - 2 Easy-Medium questions (Don't remember them)
      Phone interview 1 - Maze, lock and Key problem. Maze(square matrix) has several door locks(a...z) and keys(A...Z). Find shortest path from source to destination after going through all doors
      Phone interview 2:
       1Q - Find the length of the shortest subarray such that if you sort that subarray, the entire given array is sorted
      2Q - Find the length of the largest BST in a Binary Tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

The interviewer is friendly.
    First, she introduced herself and ask me why do you want to work in PocketGem?
    Second, There are 2 algorithm questions to solve. And asked me the corner case
    Finally, let me ask her questions

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

15 Mar 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your interview with Pocket Gems! I am happy to hear that you felt your interviewer was friendly and that you had a positive experience with us. I hope you... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First I saw this company in my school's career fair. I handed in the resume. Talk to people there for a while. Received OA 1 month later. Received phone interview invitation 1 week later. Following is two phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

28 Mar 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for your review! I'm pleased to learn that you applied to Pocket Gems through your university, as we strive to establish strong relationships with colleges across the country. While this... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied in November, got an Hackerrank online assessment in January. It was not too hard. I had the solution in mind at the end, but I did not have time to code it up. I got a full score on one problem and 1/3 on the other.

Interview Questions

• max sum subset from an ordered list, cannot skip 2+ consecutive items   Answer Question
    • given a list of numbers, add 1 to all but one number each step (asking # of steps to make them all equal)   Answer Question

15 Mar 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We strive to consistently provide a positive experience throughout our interview process and I'm sorry to hear that the process took over 2 months for you... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2018.

Interview

I got the online assignment first. After two days I finished assignment, I got the phone interview invitation.
    During the phone interview, I was asked to solve a medium level tech question.

Interview Questions

• A key - door path searching question.   1 Answer

15 Mar 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pocket Gems! We hope that you remain a player of our games and I hope that we have the opportunity to engage with you in the future.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in November 2017.

Interview

Two round 1-to-1 phone two questions each time, about 1 hour interview. Briefly introduction, behavior questions, then technical questions. one round on site five questions with five persons, about 5 hours interview.

Interview Questions

Pocket Gems Response

28 Mar 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the time you took to interview and share your experience. Our interview process is quite thorough and making it to onsite stage is quite an accomplishment. I'm... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Pocket Gems in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got an online assessment. After the online assessment is a phone screen interview. Question is easy I solved it, but I am slow so I got rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a headhunter to contact me on LinkedIn, he was very helpful. The first step is to do an Online assignment. And about one week they do the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Online assignment is using Union find algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Phone interview has two questions. One is strStr. The other is a new question, using topological sort.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for software engineer in late July, and received OA in same day. OA is to solve a problem at Heckerrank, and after that I got 3-round phone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.