Polygon Pictures Interview Questions

Updated 12 Nov 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

In Person29%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polygon Pictures

Application

I interviewed at Polygon Pictures

Interview

After animation test, interview will be scheduled. Translator is present alongside the head of department depending on which area and supervisor. Sometimes a bit hard to catch on with long pauses in between questions. The vibe was quite serious too, but they're fun to talk to after a while.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in working for the studio and would you relocate or work remotely? If yes why?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

at first there were couple emails, followed by an animation test. aftwr that there was an in person interview. the interview was simple and very nice environment. very informative about the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures in May 2019

Interview

I had submitted a general application on the company's website. After two months, a recruited reached out stating that they would like to setup a date for an interview. There were in total two rounds of interviews, a preliminary round with project leads and a second one going over contract specifications. The first round revolved around chatting and going over Polygon's works as well as my background. There was a translator there to help facilitate talk between me and the team. We went over my reel and then I followed up and asked about the job's roles as well as the company's stance on foreigners applying. Surprisingly, non-japanese speaking foreigners are not a deal breaker and there is apparently plenty of foreigners working there. This factor separates PPI from other studios that foreigners can apply for. The second round was unfortunately where I made up my mind regarding the role. While going over the specifics for the role, I inquired about the salary for the contract position and unfortunately it definitely fit the stories of low pay that is very common in Japans anime industry. After the second interview, a week had passed before I was sent an email congratulating me on obtaining an offer and the steps after. I expressed my worries about the salary, but unfortunately they did not budge from the proposed rates. I had another offer in my hands, so decided to take that in the end and bid farewell with the PPI Team

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with Shotgun, Nuke, Arnold?
  • Do you have any preferences on what material you'd like to work on? Anime Cell-Shading vs Photorealism
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures (Tokyo) in Sep 2016

Interview

Interview was simple, after I finished the animation test, very fast got interview email. just have one time interview, it was simple. after interview around 2 days i got offer

Interview Questions
  • why you want to join this company

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures (Tokyo)

Interview

Interviewed by translation team leader and HR manager at their office conference room. Was explained about current project and asked about what kind of translation/interpreting work I've done in the past. In my case, they were in a hurry to fill a sudden opening in the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures (Tokyo) in Oct 2015

Interview

after couple of Emails, they set up an interview session on Skype, a HR member and a technical person and a translator were in interview , employers talked in Japanese and translator interpret in English . they ask few questions about my background , software I use and why I want to join them in japan and if I know their country or have a friend there? every thing went smooth and after they approved my application another person from HR followed recruitment steps via Email.

Interview Questions
  • Explain about your background and experiences. Are you families with Japanese animation Manga , have you watched some ? Do you know someone in Japan ?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures (Tokyo) in Nov 2012

Interview

Self-introduction and show my demoreel for superviser, lead animator and HR staff. After that,they asked why I choose this company. It took about 30min. If you can not speak Japanese, it will be more longer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Polygon Pictures (Tokyo) in Jun 2011

Interview

Pretty standard Skype audio interview. They don't have you fly in for it. They basically want to know about you as a person. Be prepared to experience talking with an interpreter (english to japanese). Its a bit confusing in the beginning but your mind adapts to it soon. Standard questions, nothing super technical, I guess they do a lot of screening and pick out the best based on your demo-reel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed