Pusher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter reached out and schedule a video interview with the hiring manager. I received the meeting confirmation and the calendar, but my INTERVIEWER NEVER SHOWED UP!
    Even you are a start-up, you need to be professional.

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and totally painless. Everyone was super nice and high energy, great vibes! They were flexible with meeting times and understanding about my availability. When asking for feedback they were open and honest. Overall, great experience!

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 things you are looking for in your next role?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Smooth and clear communications throughout the recruitment and interview process. It was such an enjoyable experience to speak with and then meet key staff. Pusher showed how much they care about attracting and retaining talented staff right from the start.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pusher.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and set up a time to chat and then quickly moved me to the next step, talking with the COO. He then scheduled time with the head of sales and product, but the purpose was to ask them a bunch of questions to learn about the company to be able to do a project, which was not defined at this time. I found this a bit strange, although I did learn a lot, mostly that they are still very much a startup and don't have process and metrics in place to scale. They also don't have a market focus beyond developers, in a market that is very competitive you need to define your focus and differentiation.

Once that was done, they basically asked me to put together a marketing plan for a product. This is highly unprofessional and inappropriate, a marketing plan takes research time, access to customers and internal employees and about 15-20 hours of work. So I suggested an alternative idea, my approach to the role and priorities and observations/recommendations based on my knowledge of the industry and my conversations.

I spend about 3-4 hours putting this together, they were adamant about it being long-form and not a presentation. Once I submitted I never heard back. I find this unprofessional after all the time I put in. Even if they didn't like my proposal, I would expect a reply with some feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a community of users and then move them to coversion?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied via the Pusher website, filling out a personality questionnaire which was an innovative approach to vetting candidates (not requiring a resume was a nice touch!) and within the week I was contacted by the Head of Talent.

Quickly scheduling the initial video chat, even though I had to reschedule my initial call, the head of talent was very empathetic to my time schedule. Finally getting on the call, we spoke about my background and my triumphs and tribulations throughout my career. I worked out key details regarding my background and the work I had specifically done for startups. After I successfully passed the initial interview I was moved onto the test home challenge which took about 1-2 hours which was a very reasonable test of my sourcing and information seeking abilities.

Moving onto the next stage, I was invited to meet with both the Head of Talent and the COO in the San Francisco office (They flew over). During this final stage of the interview process my abilities to do the job were put to the test under time constraints. The second half of my interview was going into the working relationship I would have with the COO, which went really well! They are both very personable and easy to get along with.

Overall the interview process was of very high caliber and that helped me make a quick decision when the offer came through.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe three methods of sourcing candidates that have worked for sales or marketing roles?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The team at Pusher used a structured interview process based upon a recruiting framework. It felt much more structured than other firms and led to much more detailed questions not just about my skills, but my strengths/weaknesses, and personality.

Steps conducted primarily via video chat:
    - Screening
    - Call with hiring manager
    - Call with product marketing advisor to Pusher
    - Take home assignment
    - In-person discussion/review of take home assignment
    - Offer

Also, the recruiter was regularly in touch to talk me through the process (a very "white glove" experience in that regard).

They're a good group of people and take recruiting seriously.

Interview Questions

• For the take home assignment, I was asked to prepare an 800 word GTM strategy (roughly 4 page write up).   Answer Question

Director of Developer Content Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process was quick and straightforward. I interviewed with the head recruiter, COO, and a team member separately before getting the offer letter. Interview questions were very specific to the role, and no one asked anything that was irrelevant to the role and preview experiences.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter about the company, I had an interview with the hiring manager. I was then given an assignment and presented it to a small group. After meeting the leadership team and future team members I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What have been some of the more creative marketing campaigns you have been a part of?   1 Answer

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher in January 2019.

Interview

I was screened by an HR/recruiting member. Next, I spoke to the CRO and then the VP of Sales. Each provided a pleasant chat followed by a series of questions in regards to my experience and my views on different parts of Markops.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Marketo?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pusher (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Very straight forward. I had an initial phone screen with their recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the VP of Sales, and ending with an onsite panel presentation and 1:1 interviews thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation for one of Pusher's product offerings, tailored to a specific account and specific buying personas.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.