QinetiQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

QinetiQ Interview Questions

Interviews at QinetiQ

3.1

No Idea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a very excited recruiter who had received my resume from a recruiter friend of mine. Within a week, I met with a business development director who was staffing a program for a potential win. He gave me the thumbs up, and then I interviewed with the program director. The site where the business development director was located seemed very sullen and dark and had very few employees in the office (not a surprise). The administrative assistant who was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie (surprising for corporate attire) seemed to be bored and had left me in the lobby for 30 minutes past the expected interview start with no explanation. I would not describe the place as having any energy at all and seemed to be very sad.

The program director interviewed me at a grocery store that was down the road from the business development director's site. He had gotten himself a cup of coffee at their Starbucks kiosk before I arrived but did not ask me if I wanted to get any refreshments for myself, and quickly launched into the interview. He asked odd questions that led me to believe he thought I was going to try to take his job if I was hired. He told me he liked to work from home and did not go into the office unless it was necessary. I can say for sure that I was never interviewed for a professional IT job at a grocery store before.

I'm not sure for which position I was being interviewed since my resume went directly from recruiter to recruiter. The business development director asked questions about a task lead position but that seemed to be far below my skillset and experience, also having been a director for 5 years.

Seems like the company is a collection of companies that have come together but there is no real direction or cohesiveness. I would have liked to work on that program and do like the client that they support at that location. Would have been a wonderful commute as well. Happy employee? I could have been!

Interview Questions

• The second interviewer asked me whether I wanted to run a few programs (his job) or did I want to just be on a program. I wasn't sure how to answer the question because I've run large organizations far above his pay grade in the past.   Answer Question

Interview

Online Technical Assessments (Maths / game tests)
    Additional Written Questions (Experience / hobbies etc)
    Video Interview ( More technical about the role)
    Assessment Centre Day (Mixed group tasks)
    Final Interview
    Verbal offer over telephone with contract to be sent out soon.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with applicable / relatable skills   1 Answer

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Online interview with hireview. Only asked questions that you typed your response to so didnt even need to speak. Lot of questions about career aspirations and why you want to work there. Had to play some online games too.

Summer Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ in November 2020.

Interview

Some written questions first followed by some psychometric testing and simple games. Then this was followed by some more technical questions more related to the industry. A couple of minutes preparation for each question.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2020.

Interview

Was first round screening done over the phone with some straight forward questions , about project lifecycle , dealing with change request midway through delivery phase, it is only a 30 min interview, I found that a lot of people had applied internally , so external interviews were probably just to sign off a check box that external people were considered

Interview Questions

• What are the phases of a project   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Chaotic and long winded.
    Onboarding was even worse!
    Wouldn't tell me the job details due to "security considerations"
    2 HR interviews and 2 SME interviews.
    The interview process should have prepared me for the disorganised nature of the business. Nice people, but lacked focus.

Interview Questions

• Was really a conversation rather than an interview   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial chat with the hiring manager to run through CV, discuss the role and get to know each other. Then formal second round interview with hiring manager, HR manager and business line director. This included a case study and competency based questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult relationship you turned around
      Describe a difficult piece of business you managed
      How do you manage a team
      What is your leadership style   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Worst process ever, no communication or feedback whatsoever took 12 weeks to get a response if they can update candidates they are progressing they can for others. Corona is not an excuse to treat candidates poorly.

Graduate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Malvern, England (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

Due to covid-19 the interview was a video interview using HireVue.
    I was interviewed by two people, the manager of the team I will be joining and a more technical data scientist who asked more knowledge based questions.
    Both people were extremely friendly which made me relaxed and a bit more at ease to answer questions.
    The HR employee who called before the interview recommended I research some projects that Qinetiq has done to show my enthusiasm to the interviewers. I think this helped a little bit but they didn't explicitly ask me for any examples before I mentioned them.
    Out of the interviews I have had, this was a lot more technical knowledge based and didn't really have any questions that seem pointless. E.g. Tell me your weaknesses...

Interview Questions

• Explain the various types of algorithms used in machine learning   1 Answer
    • What function would you use at the end of a neural network to make it a classifier model   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Applied via indeed. Completed an aptitude test online based on games. Did a pre recorded interview. Not a lot of questions based around psychology, very difficult. Questions threw me off.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.