Rangam Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Dec 2018

3.2

Sort:

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Newark, NJ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter called me to ask me if I was interested in the job. Then they called me a few times as they were submitting my resume to verify information. They also called me when my resume was shortlisted and sent to the hiring manager. They let me know what I would need to interview. Rangam helped me prepare for the interview. The client interviewed me by phone and in-person. After the interview the recruiting team forwarded my thank you note to the manager that interviewed me. The recruiting team called me with some post interview questions. When I got the job HR called me a bunch of times to help me finish my paperwork so that I could start at the client site within a week. I got lots of support.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simular to other staffing companies. I had my first interview and it was pretty thorough. They asked me how long had I worked on various software packages. My second interview was with the client I would be working for. Client needed someone who was familiar with their computer software along and the process.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants.

Interview

I had about four rounds of interviews. The first round was a skills assessment. The second round was regarding my availability. The third round included salary expectations. After the client interview, I was able to nail down a pay rate that was mutually agreeable.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was whether I would be available for travel. I didn't remember anything in the job description mentioning travel.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Bridgewater, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Place seemed like it was going out of business. Everything in boxes and the people sitting near me were actively looking for other jobs. The interviewer showed up 30 minutes late even though my contact call me no stop confirming the time 5 times over two days prior the time. Was told they would bring me in the following week but never heard from them again. I reached out to them 3 or 4 times afterwards but the phone was disconnected and sent several emails asking for a status and heard nothing. Given how bad the reviews are of this company, I am glad I never heard back. The people in the office seemed very unhappy. That is a signal to RUN far away from this place. Looks like a horrible place to work.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Ridgeland, MS (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

total of 3 phone interview
    1st: Recruiter ( person who contacted me about job)
    2nd: Recruiting Manager ( Person who submitted a referral to the hiring manger)
    3rd: Hiring Manager (person that I work for)

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior type of interview quesitons   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Buford, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted to tell me briefly about the position and what they expect. Then a follow up call was given a few days later to talk about potential hours I would be available to work.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

it was about nexus vdc and otv and bgp protocols and other basic questions about eigrp and rip and ospf and data center oriented questions and security , firewall and load balancer related questions

Interview Questions

• do you think out of the box   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Rangam sent me an email and asked to represent me for a technical writing contract with DOITT. Their query email to me said "Duration: 6 Months."
    I responded to their email query and we had a phone interview and several more emails and I agreed to let them represent me for the position.
    I had a phone interview with two personnel at DOITT, for which I spent 4 hours preparing, which included putting together electronic writing samples for the interviewers. This interview went well and I was invited to an in-person interview with a more senior individual.
    Again, I spent 4 hours preparing for the interview. This time I put together hard copy writing samples and did additional research on the company, industry challenges, interviewer's background, etc.
    The evening before the interview, I was informed that someone from Rangam would meet me at the client site to "introduce me" to the client and prepare me for the interview. Per his email: "If possible, let us meet at about 9:40 am in the lobby of the [building] so I can give you some background for this role. I will then accompany you to meet with the interviewers." I said "OK, I will meet you there early. Is there anything I should know about now to research before I arrive?" I was not informed at this time that there had been any change to the nature of the role.
    When I arrived at DOITT, Rangam's rep informed me that the contract was actually 3-month "contract to hire" and he told me to lie to the interviewer about my willingness to switch from being a contractor to an employee. After 20+ years as a consultant, my willingness to switch to being an employee is highly unlikely and would not be believable to the interviewer.
    So I spent all this time preparing for a 6-month contract, then was told it's not really a contract position, just as I was about to walk into the interview.
    The first thing the interviewer at DOITT asked me was why would I want to switch from being a consultant to being an employee, and take a huge cut in pay? He expected me to convince him of my intentions to be his employee for a minimum of 5 years. There was no way the interview could succeed from this point onward.
    It was completely unprofessional of Rangam to mislead me about the nature of the contract; to spring the "change" on me right before the interview; and to tell me to lie to the potential client. In addition, obviously, Rangam wasted my time shamelessly. They had absolutely no respect or regard for me as a professional.
    After the interview I sent a note to Rangam and they never replied or called me to discuss what had happened.
    I felt completely disrespected and used.
    I also sent a courtesy thank you note to the interviewer at DOITT, and he did not have the courtesy to reply either. No doubt he was also irritated that Rangam had wasted his time.

Interview Questions

• Rangam Q: Whether I had knowledge of IT networking.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter at Rangam on the phone and the hiring manager at the project on the phone. I literally got 12 calls from them before the interview with the hiring manager. It was small things every time. I asked them to keep me informed either way. After the interview,
     I let them know it went well and to let me know. I emailed them a week afterwards if they had heard anything. Didn't reply back -- to me that was unprofessional - especially since there were two people in the email. Another unprofessional thing - the Rangam recruiter talks with a heavy, fake accent. Like he is trying to hide that he is Indian. Just be yourself. I bet he annoys hiring managers with that.

Consultant/Receptionist Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rangam Consultants (Newark, NJ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview and questioning. My goal was to communicate the following information because this was a front desk HR receptionist position: " I know you need someone with strong front desk skills, including excellent communications skills, professional appearance and attitude. More importantly to be able to work along with Aaron and the HR team as necessary. I am confident I can bring to Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey the skills you are looking for as HR receptionist".

I met with entire HR team which consisted of five people. Each one wanted to review my past skills as a front desk agent along - with being able to work effectively with other employees and clients in this sensitive position.

Interview Questions

• Past history work history, industry knowledge and skill set experience.   1 Answer
    • What kind of work environment do you enjoy working in?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.