SSI Schafer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

2.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Contacted by HR first and was described the position and the work culture. It was an easy interview and only asked if this was a role that I see myself in. Then was contacted to do an in person interview. The in person interview was code on the white board with Java with a panel of 3 senior engineers. Very friendly and easy going interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

Applied through University email. One phone interview which did the basic Resume review, then spent about 20 minutes explaining what the company does.

I then went to an onsite interview, with the manager. This portion went very well, asked the basic what have you done, why, etc. The manager then said well, go sit with some of the team. It went downhill after that. The engineers were very unprofessional, basically whining about how they hate the amount of work they do. Asked me questions on a software I had told them I did not know how to use well. Then got irritated when i couldn't answer their questions. They manager strolled by about 40 minutes later, because he forgot I was still there. I then went and sat in his office while he tried to find HR to escort me out.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work late hours and be unsupervised?   Answer Question

PLC Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I was approached by the VP of the department and indicated I would be interested in a job with SSI. After that it got a little bit chaotic. I was supposed to fly tout to other sites and do multiple interviews. It ended up with phone interviews with HR and different supervisors. Finally I was called by a director without prior notice who invited me for a one on one interview at the headquarter.

The offer letter was send to a wrong e-mail address so I had to follow up on it. Overall it felt very unorganized but very willing to get me a job.

Interview Questions

• There have been multiple questions regarding specialized software like AutoCad, E-Plan and S7.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what my salary expectations would be and it was accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was very brief, they only asked one development question and then how I could optimize my results as I did not provide the optimal answer. When they asked for optimization the asked probing questions to help point me in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• It was about updating an items quantity form a pool of a bunch of items   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vinhedo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Vinhedo (Brazil)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially I applied for the job using a website, and got contacted about an opportunity. I went for an interview and a skill test, and wasn't selected for that specific job. About a month later I got contacted again and asked to do a couple of interviews again. after another month I got hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSI Schafer in January 2017.

Interview

Found job in seek. I was contacted via email to schedule for a face to face interview.
    Questions on experience and skill sets. After 2 weeks of waiting I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on technical experience and projects handled. Experience on customer facing, etc   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Johor Bahru (Malaysia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Good and reasonable process and same like other interview process, however its depend on the employer how their arrange it. 3 hours session and have interviewer from Germany/Austrian,depend on what position you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Same like others, about experiences   1 Answer

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview one stage, told i had the job, took a basic test - very simple.
    I could see it was an interview fobbing me off as soon as they saw i was over 50 and wearing hearing aids.
    Never got a call back - called agent many times - 3 weeks later and was told i didnt do too well at interview - a load of rubbish it was too easy to fail.

Time wasters.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Donnington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSI Schafer (Castle Donnington, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview however interviewers kept skipping questions and gave false impressions that you were strong contender for the job. They promised to get back to me by Friday but left it until Monday so was a long miserable weekend as I was not sure what the outcome was.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Told HR that I had no experience with SQL/databases and yet when I went for the interview, they said it was no problem, then when I went for the interview, half the questions were literally straight SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• What are keywords in Java, what's top level obj in java, etc..   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.