SUNY Brockport Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 May 2019

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockport, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Brockport (Brockport, NY (US)).

Interview

Job posted in April. They had 2 openings for the position.

Eventually had a phone screen in May and then invited onsite in June. Decision was made in August.

Interview was several panels, a presentation and a written test. But it was 3+ hours long and you met so many people. So, fatigue started to set in. But, the questions asked were standard fare.

Did not get offered a job. Only feedback received was "culture fit." Also they decided to only hire one person and re-post the job.

Come to find out, there were multiple people who interviewed for the job, and from LinkedIn it looks like they hired someone a year out of school, with limited internship experience and mostly worked retail. Granted, I do not know the full qualifications of this person or the others that applied or how they interviewed, but it seems like it is hard to believe that if that's the bar that was set (at least on paper), that the rest of us were so terrible that they decided to re-post the job and wait another few months to make a hire.

Also, the hire looks like there may have been ageism/sexism at play as well as running afoul of an executive order that prohibits using salary history in making hiring decisions at state institutions. While I did not share my salary history, they may have made assumptions about what I made in the past, coming to the conclusion that I would leave for greener pastures. The salary they were offering was in line with what I made in the past and I was unemployed at the time so it's not like I had much negotiating leverage anyways. Of course, none of this was discussed in the interviews.

Here is the kicker: I interviewed for another SUNY school in the region for the same type of position. I received an offer and accepted. I had my first official review, and I am exceeding expectations.

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockport, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUNY Brockport (Brockport, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and efficient. I searched for job openings right on the website. After my application was submitted, about 1 or 2 days later, I received an email from the hiring manager. I live rather far away, but as soon as move in day for the campus came, I was able to squeeze in an interview. The interview was really smooth. They invited me into the cubicle, asked a couple questions about myself after introducing themselves. There were standard interview questions that you'll probably hear at any job interview, followed by more technical questions. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a real negotiation phase. They told me the starting rate per hour and they said it was really dependent on the hours I worked, because of being a full-time student.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockport, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY Brockport (Brockport, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was too demanding for the kind of place. They were good people, but the salary range was too low. Work culture seemed in need of improvement, a few people want to push forward while others are dragging the school back.

DV Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockport, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Brockport (Brockport, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to go to the eop office and meet with the academic coordinator. She asked me about my experience with kids and a little about myself. She liked the things that I said and gave me the job off the spot.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I will tell others to be yourself and show honesty and all times.

Administrator Interview

Interview

Typical higher education, multi phase interview committee: phone interview (wait weeks to hear back), 1st round committee interview, 1/2 day including presentation (wait about a month), another interview with small group.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Brockport (Rochester, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

30 Minute interview with Fitness Center Supervisor. After submitting an online application, a call or e-mail will be received notifying you for a 1 on 1 interview. The process should take a week or less.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.