Samsung Heavy Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Heavy Industries Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Heavy Industries

3.2

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries.

Interview

Resume shortlisting on- campus which was then followed by an Aptitude Test. Technical Interview conducted by the department HOD in person. HR Interview centered on behavioral questions to assess candidate's cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Recruit from universities in Korea, so not for forein students. Interview is processed in Korean language. First admit CV online, and later have a 1:1 or panel interview and presentation, discussion interview. Whole 4 types are processed in one day. Usually it will take place between 8 to 12 in the morning, or 12 to 5 pm. Interview level is not so high, just average but there are many students who are prepared quite well.

Interview Questions

• 7 min presentation on company sales strategy; tradeoffs between 'low margin - traditional customer' and 'high margin - alternative customer (which is a competitor of traditional customer)'   1 Answer

Senior Piping Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview and personality

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well-managed and conducted timely. Here are the multiple steps:
    1. GSAT - Written (50 questions in 60 minutes)
    2. On interview day:
        A. HR Round - Conducted by CEO, Mr. Park
        B. Technical Interview - Conducted by HODs of Mechanical, Piping, and HVAC depts.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any typical question. Although, I was bit disappointed by the fact that these people were trying to wrap up interviews quickly.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries in September 2009.

Interview

I think they basically have three steps in hiring process; checking resume, technical interview including presentation and interview with CEO. Generally, most Korean companies make decision on hire in technical interview step because the final interview is to meet with CEO, but this company, samsung heavy industries might reject in the last step.

Interview Questions

• on how to make spatial control with only one actuator.   1 Answer

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2015.

Interview

It took 2 hours for the whole interview, which was with directors and managers.
    The process of the interview was about the skills, personal characteristics and my major such as presentation about my knowledge

Interview Questions

• (1) Personal information
      (2) Skills
      (3) English abilities   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2013.

Interview

i supplied cv via email. and they call me to fix the group interview.
    they just asked about general things not about my professional experience.
    they wondered why i changed the job(company) 2~3 years. because most of employees work for their whole life for the company.

Interview Questions

• what can you do in SHI?
      Why do you want to do work here?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through the college. They wanted CV's of top 10 students and then shortlisted 3. These 3 were called for Noida for GSAT. GSAT contained 50 aptitude questions (25-LR, 5- quant, 20-DI). Cutoff was really high for GSAT. The result of GSAT was declared after 1 month. Then interview dates came a month later.
    Interview: There were two interviews- hr and technical.
    HR interview was more of a GD or debate round where you have to support your opinion or imaginary situation.
    Technical Interview is the most difficult part. They first asked favorite subjects and asked questions from that, about the training and project, questions on other subjects of mechanical engineering and general questions about my background.

GET Interview

Application

Interview

It starts with aptitude test which is of a good standard level. After the result, they have technical test and interview. The technical test is easy. Interview on the other hand, the interviewers grill you on all the technical domain knowledge, your training/interns. And they see will you actually join or you are just doing time pass. HR interview/GD is just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Electrical transformer rated in KVA while motor in KW?
      Power system stability studies- role of electrical stability?
      If I give AC to DC motor what will happen?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Heavy Industries (Noida) in July 2013.

Interview

My Interview was conducted in the Samsung Office which was face to face interactions. The persons assigned from the management quized certain technical questions to which I gave answers. I was even asked by the persons taking my interview to demostrate my skills through skills test to which I appeared to the same.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on describe about yourself and some facts from your previous experience.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.