Shaw Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 Mar 2019

2.6

Sort:

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Only required the submission of resume to be selected.
    Phone call interview scheduled through the college job board.
    I had about 30 minutes phone interview with the senior manager.
    He allowed me to introduce myself, then he asked me some questions and explained about how company works.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the company? Some C++ stuffs   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Dan from Vancouver. I was advised by him that he wanted me to go to next level of screening process with hiring supervisor from that. I was advised that bc she was on vacation for next 2 wks I would not get a call till then. Fast fwd to next 2 wks, I rcd an email advising they had chosen a successful candidate. I then called Dan and left a msg and sent an email to him inquiring why this had happened when I was told by him my next step would be a face to face interview. I received no response to either. Way to leave candidates hanging after asking them to hold tight till vacation is over for next step. Very poor lack of follow through after spending the time online to apply and subsequent successful 45 mins. Phone interview only to be left hanging after being told I was successful to next round only to have no explanation as to the breakdown in communication. Taking my cable and Internet business elsewhere.

Lead, BI Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel interview via conference call. Admin assistant scheduled interview in a few days. Interview facilitators appeared to be inexperienced, distracted, and underprepared. Surprisingly vague questions considering the technical aspects of the position in question. Final question was "what do you know about Shaw?". HR was not represented at the interview. Facilitators were unable to answer any policy related questions. Hiring manager did not participate in interview (though he or she may have listened in). Be prepared for a panel interview format, mediocre facilitation, and inconsistent questions.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Shaw?   1 Answer

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial interview by Manager and /or senior staff, 2nd pass- team interview, 3rd pass - Sr Manager/Director.

Interview Questions

• basics of IP networks, optics technology dwdm, cwdm, sonet, questions about leadership skills, dealing with other people, conflicts with co-workers   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

I was hired after a single interview. The interview was less technical than I expected, more situational and touchy-feely. They concentrated a great deal on the accomplishments I had made, as well as how I would react in certain siruations. It was a group interview, with myself being interviewed by 3 other people, 2 from the group that I was applying to and 1 HR representative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Advice - make sure that you are solid on the salary that you want, they will low-ball you.

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. received call from recruiter. 2nd interview with 2 managers who were pleasant and took the time to get to know you as a person. Once interview was completed a background check was done

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2014.

Interview

4 interviews. All were great except for the fourth where the hiring manager seemed disorganized. Asked what my personal hobby was, I answered 'yoga'; she did not hide her disgust.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week after the posting ended asking for a phone interview. The phone interview included both skill testing questions and behavioural questions. It lasted approximately 1 hour.

Three days after, I was asked to come onsite for a round of face to face interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. There were more behavioural questions and general conversations about the company itself.

An offer was made one week later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied via Linkedin and got a call from an HR person in a few weeks. After a brief 10-15 min phone conversation received an invitation for the on-site tech interview. Tech questions were reasonably focus on the enterprise server development issues. In about 3 weeks received another email asking to meet with members of another dev team. Had this meeting and nothing progressed further. Did not get a "thank you" email.

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a terrible phone interview with HR Specialist from Shaw for a technical phone support position 1 year ago. Of course, I prepared for possible behavioral questions and thought about example stories.

HR Specialist asked me a question "Tell me about time you had a conflict with another employee/ how do you handle conflict situation" (I don't remember exact question but it was something similar). I never had an open conflict with anyone, I had a situation where I was discriminated by a coworker at work for being young and had to prove myself to be useful by producing good work. As result of my actions and hard work, I eventually managed to become friends with the coworker and even received a great recommendation letter from him.

Me: I have never had this exact situation you asked about but I had similar experience at company XYZ and that's what I did (start telling a story from above paragraph in details)
    She: interrupts me and repeats question again to make sure I heart it
    Me: Yes, thanks for explaining. This is what I would do if I ever encountered conflict situation at work( I gave a theory answer since she didn't want to listen to the story anyways)
    She: That's not what I am asking, tell me a real-life situation. At this point she sounds very irritated, I will never forget her intonation. I was surprised because she was HR, it was her job and she didn't act professionally at all, I truly tried to be friendly and explain why I gave certain answers before.
    Me: Then no, I didn't have any real-life conflict at work

Maybe she had a bad day/ got irritated by me not providing exact answer she was hoping for but her behavior was so unprofessional. I didn't start to fight with her but I really wanted to answer impolitely as well. My worst interview experience ever.

I will never apply to Shaw again after this.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.