ShoreTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ShoreTel Interview Questions

Interviews at ShoreTel

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 rounds. The first interview was the hardest and included a tough technical question. The rest of the rounds were not as difficult and consisted mostly of background checks on my resume and courses learned in school, simple programming questions, and thinking questions. The hiring manager did mention at the end of the interview that they would contact me within a week to report their final decision, and the travel coordinator mentioned during the phone call that I would be reimbursed for paying for my flight to their company. Since the interview, I have not received an e-mail from the company about their final decision and plan for reimbursement, and I have been contacting them every single week. If you plan to fly over to this company for an interview, MAKE SURE that they set up your flight itinerary instead of booking your own ticket.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by HR person through email - asked typical questions such as if I'm legally allowed to work in the US and why I wanted to work at the company. Then got contacted by a manager (phone call interview). Got asked basic behavioral questions and some basic Java/ SQL questions. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone didn't do their part on a group project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience at a previous workplace   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus interview included basic interview questions: post/pre order traversal, strings in java and c, what was a jk flipflop, They asked alot of behavioral questions

I got called in for an onsight interview, it was a round of behavioral interviews followed by a round of technical interviews: what is the difference between TCP and UDP... alot of network protocols

Interview Questions

• why are packets sent using TCP rather than UDP?   1 Answer

Got a better offer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Anaheim, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

two people took my interview. It went along around 1 hour and 20 minutes. They asked about everything from my resume, and data structures and algorithm questions. They wont ask you anything else but your resume. So do it

Interview Questions

• There was a ladder and snake game question where you have to define what data structures would you use.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter initially for the role, and had a couple of phone calls to gauge my background and technical skills. Afterwards, a combination of panel interviews and one-on-one interviews were schedule after the initial phone screen with a recruiter. The panel interviewers were made up with people from the functional (colleague) team I would be working in, functional managers, all the way to senior executives. The entire process took several weeks in total with each interview "session" taking nearly the entire day when you consider transport and waiting time. It was pretty thorough, but everyone was professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• The individual interviewers were more of technical screens, asking situational/troubleshooting questions such as how you would identify an issue on a complex network. Some of the interview questions were the more typical behavioral questions such as how you would handle a difficult situation with a customer. All in all, pretty standard stuff if you know the domain and have experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR recruiter. The second step was to interview with the hiring manager on the phone. Then I was flow in for interviews where I met with seven people who I would interact with if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were two that were difficult but good ways for me to demonstrate I knew how to do my job. They were role play questions on how to handle problems that had come up before.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

First they did a phone interview. Normal C and C++. Not much depth.
    They flew me to Austin.
    First round, manager its like a informal talk.
    Second round, they gave a problem, and ask me to design a OO solution, I did.
    Third round strange, that person was completely listening to what I say.
    Fourth round, he asked a C++ project from your resume and demonstrate.
    Here in 4th round made a mistake, taking half C half c++ project. So lost it even though I performed well in first 3.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, followed by a face to face with 4 people. Standard interview questions.
    1. They did a background check on me and contacted my references after the final interview.
    2. After final meeting didn't get any feedback for about a week. Contacted recruiter several times until I finally got a call back. HR recruiter made half-assed verbal offer significantly below the salary range that he quoted me at the beginning of the process.
    3. I countered slightly above what they offered and we discussed several options. I asked him to let me know in the next couple of days. He confirmed that he would.
    4. Never heard back from him again. Neither HR rep nor the hiring manager responded to email or voice mail asking about status. The whole experience was frustrating and underwhelming.

If the poor hiring practices and laziness/ incompetence of the HR is any indication of the company culture... stay far, far away.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (New York, NY (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

After a phone screening I was asked to come in for a 1.5 hour technical interview.

First Round:
    The process took place in a conference room with a panel of two. It's bad enough being interviewed by a panel instead of one-on-one, but this couple really made sure I was uncomfortable throughout the whole process. The more senior person was very full of himself and loved to hear himself lecture on how he still remembers what a linked list is, and the other guy (who never smiled a day in his life) made it very clear he just did not like me. The questions themselves were about Fibonacci, trees, database design.

They made me feel so bad, that for the first time in my life I actually wanted to up and leave right there and there. But somehow I did get a call back.

Second Round
    It was more of the same. At the end met senior for soft ball questions.

To complicate the bad experience the recruiter was terrible and very unresponsive. After leading me to believe that I was going to get an offer she went MIA for days and when she finally got back to me she sent me a cryptic email about "organizational changes" and that's the last I heard from her/them.

Very unprofessional throughout the whole process.

At the time I was upset, but a few months after I found a MUCH better job. I'm thrilled I didn't get stuck in such a hostile environment.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Would rate Very Good – Even though interviews were have to be done remotely from US but was done extremely well as per time with good planning and time zone that mostly good for India team.. All the rounds were conducted quickly.

Interview Questions

• Interviews went pretty well.. They were asking what's in your resume and some of them more to do with what strategies for productivity improvements..   Answer Question

Negotiation

No issues..

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.