Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Salinas, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Usual interview process. Hiring manager provided information about the position and asked some preliminary questions regarding past experience. Manager then left and there was a three-minute writing assignment. After the assignment, two employees came in and conducted a behavioral based questionnaire.

Some questions asked:
    - What do you know about the Social Security Administration?
    - What do you know about the position you are applying for?
    - Why are you applying for this position?
    - Why did you leave your previous job? (if this is not your first job)
    - Describe a time where you had to make a tough decision. Did you make the right decision?
    - Describe a time where you had to deal with a unruly or disgruntled customer? What could you have done differently?

For the last question of the interview, the interviewers had me read a paper about Social Security benefits and then asked a scenario question.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A customer calls demanding disability benefits because his doctor told him he will be disabled. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The interview started with info about the position. It was a mock call interview with the person in the other end being very inappropriate as a difficult customer and using terms like "white man"

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 3 weeks after to set up an interview. I was giving a phone interview and giving a number to call where 3 surpervisors were present. I was told that I would receive an answer in 2-3 weeks about the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with a supervisor?   1 Answer

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. STAR questions and a math test. Lasted about an hour and the 3 person panel interview was not intimidating. Overall, I must say it was a pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with coworkers that don't do their fair share?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me via phone. Explained the position and then asked me if I have any questions. Then proceed to ask me scripted questions and then paused to write what I said down.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been critiqued and how did you respond
      What legal writing and research have you done that makes a good candidate
      Was there a time you ever was not given enough instruction by a supervisor—how did you respond and do   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Birmingham, AL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth . when you first arrive you are asked to fill out form asking you interview questions. Once done you will go into panel interview very nice people i had. You will read a document out loud to them.You will also do a mock call after. Once done you will do situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were under pressure? Name a time when you had a project? Name a time when you had to work with someone who was different are culturally different from you and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Depends on who you are. If you were referred by a family member or friend, it's just a formality and you'll do a brief interview with just the assistant administrator or a branch chief. If you're not, be ready for a 90 minute or longer interview with multiple people in the room. Whether you're from out of town or not, the interview will likely be over the phone partly because the administrators here lack social skills and would rather not have to deal with anyone in person.

No matter how many people are in the room, the interviews tend to be very straightforward and basic preparation will generally get you through. Just remember that every spot taken by someone from the outside could have gone to someone on the inside. They will.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were super typical: Tell us about yourself. Tell us about a challenging situation and how you handled it. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to us?
      Do you have any questions? If you are in an interview with multiple people, be ready for follow-up questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2017.

Interview

Took around 2 hrs. Gave overall the company info. Asked me if I have to give 2 weeks notification. Typical interview questions. I was not asked for fingerprints....does this mean I didn't get the job ???

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Richmond, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a panel of two. They were very polite and asked mostly behavioral questions. I felt that the questions were fairly easy since I was prepared with examples for most of them. They also asked me if I watched a video that HR emailed me describing the job. I made sure that I repeated the skills desired and how my skills relate to it.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you? Can you describe a situation where you felt you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

Interview

Everything took about 2 months to complete . The panel interview consisted of 2 people asking questions one after the other. They interviewed me for 2 positions at once customer service and benefits authorizer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the last time you caused a negative experience for a customer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.