Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated 16 Feb 2017

2.9

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

In Person- it lasted about an hour. Fairly straight forward no curve balls. The person was very straight forward with me from the beginning. I emailed the app and they called me in to come the next week.

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process but definitely worth it! They take a really long time to notify you. It was a panel interview. They do a background check and finger printing. I kept calling to check the status and finqlly I got offered the job. They discuss all benefits in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Euclid, OH (US)).

Interview

My first encounter with SSA was at a college job fair about 3 months from graduation. The lady there was dressed to the nines and seemed a little snobby. I later found out she was a manager. Haha. She had a poker face and seemed uninterested taking everyone's resume. I thought I wouldn't hear from them.

I received an email a couple weeks later that directed me to their web testing site. I took a damn long 2 or more hour long personality assessment test that keeps on asking the same Q's till it gets your true feelings... can't be a faker on that test.

A couple weeks later, I went in for a panel interview and the snobby lady was there again, this time she seemed nice but tough. There were 5 or 6 managers and experts present. First each asked a question, then I was given an complex law with many points and about 3 minutes to digest it, then I was asked to apply that to a scenario and another 4-5 grilling questions. I felt good about it but wasn't perfect.

Maybe a month later, as another employer had interest in me, I was called for an interview at a semi local office with what turned out to be the Regional hiring manager and the branch manager. It was maybe 30 minutes long. 4-5 questions more on how I handle stress and the public...also on personality.

Next, a couple weeks later, I had to drive an hour away to what turned out being my field office where I was informally interviewed by what was to be my Manager. She asked Q's more on personality and after she took me to get fingerprinted.

Almost 3 months passed and I was already working as an assistant manager in training at Target and he Regional manager called to ask if I was still interested and if so, I report to training in 2 weeks.

I accepted. As a scholar, with a b.a. in politics sci, I was a GS-7 and went thru long and complicated training class via satellite from Atlanta then toughed it out to GS- 11 step 3 before resigning due to the immense stress.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with 2 people. Took about 20 minutes. They asked the standard questions. Nothing out of the box or too exciting. You will be able to get through the interview. Make sure you are prepared. They did not give me a set time or day. Just told me they would call sometime in the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me what will keep you exciting about the work?
      How do you handle stress?
      How do your handle criticism?
      Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Interview

I met with the panel of 2 people in the San Diego office.it was a nice experience.they are very friendly.it was a half an hour interview with 6 questions. they introduced themselves and started to ask questions.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The process took a total 3+ months. I had a telephone interview with 3 individuals on the line. All three were very professional. The phone interview last approximately 30 minutes. An offer was extended within a month after the interview!

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jamaica, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The questions posted here at Glassdoor pretty much covered my questions. The two interviewers read from a script. They were very friendly and cordial, and professional.

That being said, I want to EMPHASIZE the need to get your documentation in order. The hiring manager is a perfectionist who kept returning to the meeting room to ask job candidates for missing documents, such as resume, selective registration (for males born after 1960; link was provided in email from HR), college transcript (even though it was optional and only if you had 3.0 GPA), proof of citizenship, social security card, etc. I got the sense that he will use these missing documents as a method to whittle down the applicants he will consider hiring. I also believe the hiring manager selected questions to ask candidates based on his personal review of your documentation. Thus, it is CRITICAL to ensure that every item on the checklist that is applicable to you is included when you show up for the interview. Even ONE SINGLE MISSING DOCUMENT could effectively remove you from contention for a job offer.

The position was listed on usajob website and held open for 48 hours at the beginning of March, and only the first 500 applications were accepted. SSA was conducting 200 interviews, and I don't know how many offers will be made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Dealing with difficult coworkers. Communicating with people of different background. General work background questions. Two scenarios at the end.   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Emailed that I was selected for an interview, and informed to be available over the next few days for a phone interview. No specific time/date provided. Two people from SSA called me. It was a very formulaic interview, and they had set questions that they were required to ask. Long periods of awkward silence as they wrote down the answers. Sometimes it was difficulty because they would ask two part questions that were completely unrelated. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Received an email job offer a couple of weeks after that.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the New York 48th street location. This position is no joke. The interview was highly intense. But nothing to be scared of if you go in prepared to talk about difficult times and stressful situations that you've faced. They ask you series of 7 questions mostly behavioral and whatever answer you provide they build their questions from that. It lasted 1 1/2 hrs aprxm...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to face a difficult situation and what did you do about it what was the outcome ? Tell me another... Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation what did u do about it... Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision..what was it..outcome..etc........ what brings you to SSA?
      In the end they present you with Scenarios...and you have to show them what u would do in that situation.
      1 Answer

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I went for an interview last week and I was very surprised. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel comfortable. PLEASE HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS in order. That's the very first thing that they will collect. On your reference sheet make sure that your contacts have all been direct supervisors. Co-workers as professional references aren't acceptable. My interview was at 10 am and I was out by 1. Overall it was a good interview. I was asked to submit finger prints and they have already began my backround check. Hoping for a call back soon!

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were mostly bevioral scenarios. What would you do and why type questions.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.