Sterling and Wilson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Sterling and Wilson

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Mumbai) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a one to one interview with all technical Q & A's. Not a very long process but decent. Not a very long peocess. After technical round it was HR round scheduled

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kollam

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Kollam).

Interview

Interview was of 2 round..Technical and a Hr Round.Technical was more on problematic questions and few thoery based.technical was bit tough but hr round was good compared to technical round.

Interview Questions

• technical round was all about Power System and Electrical Machines..Hr round was bit more based on previous experiences..And a little on the subjects   Answer Question

Gte Interview

Interview

I have applied through pool campus drive. They first take technical mcq test then followed by GD and interview(technical and HR). The number students selected in first round are only 12 out of 80.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Pune).

Interview

It's a long review so please bear with me.

This company came in our campus for drive.
    There were three rounds
    1) technical aptitude
    2)group discussion
    3)personal interview
    The first two rounds were great and I cleared them.
    The real problem was in the personal interview .It was completely biased.
    There were 8 of us selected for the personal interview.5 of them(including me) were localites. And 3 were from outside areas (i.e hostellers)

The questions asked during the interview were very general
    Eg.
    1)who is in your family?
    2)what are your hobbies?

3)where are you from?( Particularly this was the most ridiculous question on basis of which they selected the candidates)

It was a PAN India job so maybe they thought localites were not good enough for a travelling job.(did you even ask us?)
    All three candidates selected were not localites(i.e. hostellers).
    And the selection was purely based on whether the person is localite or not.(nothing at all to do with talent or technical ability)

I could not sleep for two days because of that.
    Imagine that you dream of joining a company right from your second year at engineering,finally the company comes in final semester,you clear the aptitude,the gd with a breeze and in the final interview goes really good(only non-technical questions asked,not a single technical question!!!!)
    You are not selected just because you are a localite.
    Would it leave your mind?

A word of advice - if this company comes to your college and you get selected for the final round,never ever mention that you are a localite.

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Bhubaneswar) in April 2019.

Interview

1)Written test:-30 question in 33 min(domain subject only)
                20+ question was based on numerical and rest are theoritical MCQs type.
    2)GD (eliminating round)
       topic :Social media boon or bane
    3)Technical interview and HR round.
    The about mention are interview process of Sterling and Wilson.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Mumbai) in April 2019.

Interview

good, without any delay, and it was very good. second day i got the offer letter. and appointment letter, and i have selected for TL rwanda, africa.
    now i am working in rwanfda africa

Interview Questions

• about the transmission line erection procedure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (New Delhi) in March 2019.

Interview

Technical aptitude:- 30 questions in 35 min
    Prepare from gate questions bank
    Aptitude test level is quite hard
    Group discussion: common topic (smart work vs hard work)
    Interview: normal questions
    Tell me about yourself , about rellocation

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Bhubaneswar) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was ..good most was technical I was asked about power system generation and control about machine.They were very calm and good. Atleast the interview was good.They also asked me about synchronization of SM .

Interview Questions

• What is skin effect and how does it affect transmission line   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Mumbai) in February 2019.

Interview

Very bad.I would suggest the interview panel to kindly go through the candidate resume and then proceed. As I was interviewed the interview didn't even last for 5 mins. Being a candidate from O&G EPC they asked me about my work profile . They told me this is not what they are looking for. Then why did they shortlist my resume? Why didn't they go throughly through my company profile and resume? People take leave or halfday by managing their work and deliverables they have promised to clients at their work and attend the interview and don't expect the interviewers to say such things. Offcourse you can select or reject the candidate based on the performance in the interview. But itself at the beginning of the interview you people are saying " This is not what we are looking for!" I didn't got a remark like this by any company.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sterling and Wilson (Kolkata) in January 2019.

Interview

They started with very basic questions then then moved to tough ones then they gave real life situations and asked how I would handle them.Then I was asked if I was comfortable to reallocate anywhere in India

Interview Questions

• Tell me one subject which you wish to na asked questions from   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.