Sybase Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sybase Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sybase

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sybase (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I think the employees who questioned me were not very experienced at conducting interviews. They did little to explain what project I would be given on my first work term. They also didn't ask me much about my experience. It seemed they just took my resume at face value.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with relational databases?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sybase

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sybase (Pune) in April 2009.

Interview

There were 2 rounds here: technical and HR.
    Technical round:
    Interviewers were friendly and interested even after interviewing many candidates. In the beginning they asked questions about previous experience and it was less Q&A but more like a discussion. Then they proceeded to technical questions. Initially they asked questions related to algorithms and operating systems. Operating systems questions did center around mostly theoretical questions on cache, memory, virtual memory. There were also questions related to linux shell commands. After this the questions switched to database related questions. They initially started with simple SQL commands and things like ACID property and RW locks. Then there were questions related to data warehousing and different types of schemas. Ultimately they talked about indexing and gave a question related to indexing a sample mock data. I solved the question on paper and they interested in seeing the approach. They were also helpful while question solving.

HR round:
    This was a standard HR interview which talked about location preferences and general questions outlining a group/team situation and how will you respond.

Interview Questions

• Database indexing related questions are difficult so one should brush up on them.
      There was nothing really unexpected but yes the HR did ask me this question, "How will you explain object oriented programming to a common man who does not understand programming at all?"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.