Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Syngenta Interview Questions

Interviews at Syngenta

RPA Interview

Interview

The interview was very nice and easy and relevant to Automation role. Interview didn't take longer than 1 hour and the interviewer was very genuinely nice and supportive if I was confused.

Interview Questions

• How would you automate a script scheduling code in any language.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

The whole interview process is formal and professional. It is a phone interview followed by panel interview, focusing a lot on the skill sets and specific role of the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience and skills are matched with this position?   Answer Question

Agile IT Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Downers Grove, IL (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted via a Syngenta recruiter on LinkedIn. From there I was referred to an HR person who set up a 1/2 hour phone screen with me, which went well. I was then referred to an Administrative Assistant who worked with me tos chedule a Zoom meeting with the hiring manager + the head of the local IT function. That one hour Zoom meeting was followed up with a 2nd Zoom meeting with the hiring manager only at my request to answer questions that I had. Note that after the 2nd Zoom meeting I never heard back from Syngenta. I waited 1 month after this final interview and contacted the recruiter, asking why I have not heard from anyone and requesting that I receive a formal email thanking me for taking the time and showing the interest in their company. I received that email a few hours later from the HR rep. It's sad that I had to request such an email: shouldn't that be something that a company would do without being prompted, instead of leaving a candidate hanging?

Interview Questions

• How do you track down and resolve team impediments when the people behind the impediments don't want to help you?   Answer Question

Corporate Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Four hour interview broken into four 1 hr sessions. Very well put together and it was obvious they were prepared.
    Meet with current team members first, then with individuals from other teams and finally the Hitting manager.

There was a follow on video interviews with mangers located OCONUS.

The hiring manager called personally to inform of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to communicate with different departments I'm order to complete a task and what where the results.   Answer Question

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC (US)).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with two Recruiters, another phone interview with a hiring manager, and then I flew to North Carolina to interview with 5 more people. The initial phone interview with the Recruiters was very positive; they were friendly and informative. However, the experience interviewing at their HQ in North Carolina was not great. Even though I flew in from out of state and took time off from work to interview with them, I didn't get a very warm welcome and a few of the interview panelists seemed like they just didn't want to be there. They came across as either bored or judgmental. Also, not one person of the 5 I met with gave me a business card. After my interviews, I reached out to someone in HR to get their email addresses to send them a thank you email. I was told that it was against corporate policy to give out their email addresses. That struck me as a very old-fashioned and bureaucratic policy and it was a major turnoff in the process, among other things. Overall I did not get a warm feeling from the interview panelists and they did not seem to take into consideration at all that I took 2 days off from work and family to fly out to their office to interview. In the year 2018, these kinds of "fly out of town" interviews can probably be done via Skype anyway, to save time and money for everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to candidates who say negative things about GMO's?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Champaign, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

45 mins phone/video interview
    My manager contacted me through email and schedule an interview. He asked me to introduce myself first and asked me to introduce one project to him. He also asked some questions about my previous working experience.
    I also asked him to introduce the projects I would participate in and the office culture.

Interview Questions

• walkthrough one project
      My design process
      Previous working experience
      How do I communicate with other teammates   Answer Question

Manager - Crop Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta in February 2018.

Interview

Syngenta outsourced the talent management/recruiting portion, which added a lot of time to the overall process. The interview itself was pretty good. Getting reimbursed took way too long (over a month), and I had to pay for a lot of expenses out of pocket that I wasn't prepared for because usually hiring companies pay those expenses.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

They extensively asked about my employment background as it specifically related to data entry and work with inventory. They were sure to say that the job was pretty repetitive with no additional tasks to be performed. They asked many questions about my past employment. Some stuff about me as a person. Overall they were kind, relaxed and organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe your position most related to this job   1 Answer
    • How are you about repetitive work?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you are detail oriented.   1 Answer
    • They asked questions looking for the answer that you would seek help and ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Othello, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

another waste of my time. i had interviewed with syngenta twice. once when i was first out of college as a process engineer, and another time when i was an operations manager. both times were a complete FAIL as its apparent to me that this organization hires socially inept people.
    this third time i decided to give it a go and not hold a grudge.
    that was a mistake.
    again, another lengthy interview process only to find out that were only seriously looking at internal candidates.
    like i stated, this company only hires the socially inept. and with good reason, as monsanto will be purchasing this company for pennies on the dollar very soon.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Clinton, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume. Called immediately to set up interview. When I went in I realized it was the recruiting firm that does the hiring for Syngenta. Filled out an application and then waited and waited. I believe I may have been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Why are you looking for another position? When can you start? etc   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.